What's new

Someone Just Hacked India's Most Advanced Nuclear Power Plant.

FAKE NEWS

EIC-ZjBXUAUsqjk
Lmfao Iranians thought the same. Stuxnet says hello..

This doesn't make sense to me. Why is the Nuclear system allowed any contact with "outside."

I am not tech savvy, but I have heard that Nuclear Plant systems aren't in any connected to external networks or the internet. So the only way for a malware to be loaded would be an internal breach.

So, maybe even more worse.

Edit: what are air gapped systems?
Any system nowadays, works with the help of computer. Even if they disable all USBs and no connections with exchange servers, for maintenance and debug, ultimately some external device needs to be connected to system, and there you go. I must say here, every guy, who watches **** online, is a security threat. And you know Indians (Pakistani bhi kam nai hain).

Basic and first reaction of GoI has to be like this. Lastly, there was a leakage reported and now this.

Assertion is already posted even the letter as such while the mix of observations are there. In fact, it's fake for GoI at the start. Quint discusses the same that it ain't fake as GoI said so.
apparently the Russian security outlet Kaspersky has had something to say about this! This may have been a North Korean attack.

Dumbo, we were shown the laundry bill of Bipin after 27th Feb. In any events he disappearing from public view for almost 5 months before resurfacing recently tells its own story.

Now coming to the story of the Hacker.
He warned India about the vulnerability of their systems over one and half year ago. What he warned had happened exactly. The server was hacked with Administrator's account privileges. This means that whoever hacked it had the access to the Nuclear Power Plant and anything else attached to the Plant with full rights and permissions to carry out whatever they wanted, or access whatever they wanted.
Furthermore, it was also stated in that article if you care to read it that the equipment and operating systems on those servers and their clients are out of provider's service/support.
Meaning they are running out dated versions of Windows/Other OS on very outdated machines.
Now shut up and go back to sleep. You are talking to someone with over 20 years experience in IT, including most of the latest servers in the Enterprise, Back End Servers, Networks, etc.
Our generals are not twitter army officers so, don't care much about general's disappearance and appearances. Besides, our army don't have a PR campaigner or does any profit business. It's weird.

It's his word, some random guy sitting behind a computer claiming hey I know what system is used in the 'power plant'.

Now you still haven't explained how someone gain access to a computer that is not connected to a network.
Use common sense man, you know even NSA have been attacked by hackers, who would put a Nuclear power plant in a similar risk? Around the world Nuclear power plants do not run on some connected systems that can be accessed remotely.

Yeah, they are running on windows that do not get updated from time to time, because they are not connected to a network. A system updation also happens remotely not through a network.

This whole bullshitting runs on the presumption that systems in Nuclear power plants are connected to an internet and smarty hacker access the mainframe, run some codes, make the reactor go critical and viola!! winter... That's "Mission Impossible" stuff, probably he strive to be someone like that. It doesn't matter if he has 20 years in IT, but to believe, you get to access SCADA software through a mobile network is kinda dumb.

Speaking of IP and Mac addresses he found, that's easy, you can access the service provider network do some data mining and find which system went where.

Our generals are not twitter army officers so, don't care much about general's disappearance and appearances. Besides, our army don't have a PR campaigner or does any profit business. It's weird.

It's his word, some random guy sitting behind a computer claiming hey I know what system is used in the 'power plant'.

Now you still haven't explained how someone gain access to a computer that is not connected to a network.
Use common sense man, you know even NSA have been attacked by hackers, who would put a Nuclear power plant in a similar risk? Around the world Nuclear power plants do not run on some connected systems that can be accessed remotely.

Yeah, they are running on windows that do not get updated from time to time, because they are not connected to a network. A system updation also happens remotely not through a network.

This whole bullshitting runs on the presumption that systems in Nuclear power plants are connected to an internet and smarty hacker access the mainframe, run some codes, make the reactor go critical and viola!! winter... That's "Mission Impossible" stuff, probably he strive to be someone like that. It doesn't matter if he has 20 years in IT, but to believe, you get to access SCADA software through a mobile network is kinda dumb.

Speaking of IP and Mac addresses he found, that's easy, you can access the service provider network do some data mining and find which system went where.

Now I understand why the stupid Indians buy their government BS, line, hook and sinker.
All I quoted it from your own sources. Your site provided the diagram that the plant is attached to the server.
The report said the server got hacked with administrator privilege access.
Everything point to the fact that the computer indeed was on the network with an assigned static IP address, through which it was hacked.

What you say count for nothing.

Now sling your hook, stop wasting my time.

Now I understand why the stupid Indians buy their government BS, line, hook and sinker.
All I quoted it from your own sources. Your site provided the diagram that the plant is attached to the server.
The report said the server got hacked with administrator privilege access.
Everything point to the fact that the computer indeed was on the network with an assigned static IP address, through which it was hacked.

What you say count for nothing.

Now sling your hook, stop wasting my time.
Yeah, someone who buys Mr.nobody's claims things over the internet must be smart. We have no problem in declaring a breach if it were true, we don't have any business of selling those plants outside. Why would government cover up a cyber attack? Who is going to care?

My own sources saying "The power plants are vulnerable to cyber attack"? Right. Indian sources which quoted the said news. Nowhere in history a Nuclear power plant was under cyber attack. It is by design.
Smart Alec here hacked into Nuclear power plant that has no internet. You have no problem believing some random hacker claiming shit, but huge problem accepting some basic facts from credible sources.

Yeah, someone who buys Mr.nobody's claims things over the internet must be smart. We have no problem in declaring a breach if it were true, we don't have any business of selling those plants outside. Why would government cover up a cyber attack? Who is going to care?

My own sources saying "The power plants are vulnerable to cyber attack"? Right. Indian sources which quoted the said news. Nowhere in history a Nuclear power plant was under cyber attack. It is by design.
Smart Alec here hacked into Nuclear power plant that has no internet. You have no problem believing some random hacker claiming shit, but huge problem accepting some basic facts from credible sources.

Sure, sure, we have to believe "your own sources" over what is published. Good going, keep going in circle, one day you would reach your destination. :rofl::rofl:

They can't be if all protocols are followed.

There are event logs in such critical systems.They write down every event.Any such inseration would be recorded by system and possibly a Alarm would be generated,if there is list of authorised devices is in system.

I guess industrial espionage.

Humans make errors or ill intent

Irani system was air-gapped with good watch it was still infiltrated, Event log Will keep a log but that's after the affected device has already infiltrated the system.

All Firewalls are breachable, even the best systems will have gaps.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom