What's new

Someone Just Hacked India's Most Advanced Nuclear Power Plant.

Edit: what are air gapped systems?

Physically isolating the system so it basically makes it impossible to connect to outside networks

Not foolproof though, apparently Irans nuclear sites were hacked a while ago because they targeted engineers working at the sites and managed to get a virus (inadvertently) carried inside by a USB stick

Someone trying to sell India an expensive cyber surveillance solutions.
Dear India, this happens when you show your money to world that you are very rich. Now, they will make you buy the whole system, and guess what, that way they will keep an eye on you as well.
Is it some IT scammer in Bangalore?

Looks like ISI has sent a message....
Message is "how's the josh?"

Is it some IT scammer in Bangalore?
Message is "how's the josh?"

Actually, in such situations both Pakistan and India would blame the other. In truth, there is whole Harami world out there, who always play with both of these countries, loot them and that's how their business goes on.

do you know what a cyber attack is? is it something that you can do remotely or something that you do by having physical access to the target computer?
I think it may be indirect attack. First the attackers target devices used by employees operating nuclear plant outside nuclear sites then they got penetration when hardrive interact through system infected so it is transfered when same harddrive is connected to system of nuclear sites

This doesn't make sense to me. Why is the Nuclear system allowed any contact with "outside."

I am not tech savvy, but I have heard that Nuclear Plant systems aren't in any connected to external networks or the internet. So the only way for a malware to be loaded would be an internal breach.

So, maybe even more worse.

Edit: what are air gapped systems?
You do know that even the best air gapped system can be breached thanks to human involvement.

Pay 100 000 to someone and ask them to plug a movie USB in computer

You seems to be having your head buried somewhere in between your legs.
The twit clearly said that the "Domain Server/admin" level breached had happened. That means that someone got the access to the system as "Domain Administrator". And you are falsely attributing it to ATMs.
You should understand why the world is now waking up to lies and deceit of the Indians.
You need to stop looking between others legs.
Only gullible fools would believe that Nuclear power plants are centrally connected through a network, given they are susceptible to cyber attacks. All strategic assets in India, like power grid, Nuclear plants are not centrally linked to a network. We are exceptionally cautious in this regard that we do not even allow Chinese systems in our power grid.
Domain Administrator for Kudamkulam website possibly lol.

You do know that even the best air gapped system can be breached thanks to human involvement.
They can't be if all protocols are followed.
Pay 100 000 to someone and ask them to plug a movie USB in computer
There are event logs in such critical systems.They write down every event.Any such inseration would be recorded by system and possibly a Alarm would be generated,if there is list of authorised devices is in system.

Lazarus Group from North Korea is suspected.
I guess industrial espionage.

FAKE NEWS by Quint

EIC-ZjBXUAUsqjk

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom