What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even IF coup has momentary success in show of force, they have to deal with

1) major political parties already rejected coup
2) Erdogan party AKP still enjoys commanding popularity in Turkey and from tonight that will increase.

military can not stay in power for long, Even if they give Egypt like election, in turkey, it will be hard to digest.

So, success of this coup is big ???

He has lost the military and his last dice is calling the people out to the streets it is game over for him

joint chief of staff detained (this shows it might be a group within the army)
The Army chief is taken hostage so this cannot be called a MArtial law . Internet and all type of stuff has been blocked in turkey , The group has also fire live ammo in different cities ... I don't know how the military will tackle this rogue group which has taken over the country ...

Can't say I will miss him he took Turkey backwards in my view

I guess turkey is taking inspiration from pakistan or is it the other way around or is it something fundamentally wrong with Islamic republics they sort of are almost allergic to democracy and freedom but in this case its good turkish army is a always been a protector of secular fabric of turkey and voice of sanity hope it brings peace to turkey and kick all erdoganish leader out and resets political dsicourse

Lol, I'd like to see the look on his face if that was to happen, but honestly the army's time of active intervention is well over.
the link below is for live updates from the guardian
can you put in on the first post so that its easier to get live updates ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/15/turkey-coup-attempt-military-gunfire-ankara

5m ago 22:29

The Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said that the coup is the work of a minority within the military.

Reactions: waz
Officially the coup has happened, international access of internet is almost vanished. Whatsapp, twitter and whatever else remains banned. Binali Yıldırım officialls called public to " rise" against the attemp while in 22.00 gmt , the army has aired both in state television, radios and other channels that coup took place and the government has occupied by its integrity.
Stated that, with motto of peace in homeland, peace in the world, to prevent the homeland from splitting and internal conflict, to solidate integrity of the nation the armed forces takes the control of the government.

He has lost the military and his last dice is calling the people out to the streets it is game over for him

People can't manage anything, they'll just end up getting massacred.

In the News: "The White House says President Obama is aware of the developments in Turkey and will receive regular updates."
Meaning we will side with whoever wins and denounce the loser :what:

The people of Turkey need to come out on the streets and oppose this illegal take over.

Anybody seen Putin lately?!

Last heard he was in contact with Obama regarding some military pact for Syria. Kerry is in Moscow for the same.

I am sure all this is not at all connected to whats going on Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom