What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. Police have clashed with Army Soldiers @ few points...& the Militray Cheif is also under arrest....as per ARY NEWS reporter

I remember Bangladeshi coups in 1975. There were coup, counter coup, counter counter coup and counter counter counter coup. It is never stable if the coup.attempt is by junior officers breaking chain of command.

Erdogan appears on skype in interview with Turkish media.

Says - we will overcome this. Those who attempted coup will pay heavy price.

Edit to say it was not Turkish media he appeared on, but Arab media.

In the News: "The White House says President Obama is aware of the developments in Turkey and will receive regular updates."

No mention of democracy here. I guess democracy was only good for Libya and Syria. :lol:

I know, but I thought at present the Turkish society and civil institutions are strong. And that the Turkish military is a professional one, being part of NATO etc. I didn't think they'd conduct a coup.

I really hope this won't further destabilize the region. Only Turkey has been relatively safe, apart from the terror attacks. I hope this ends quickly, with no bloodshed.

Yes but the chief has not taken this step rather a small group has taken over and also the Army chief is taken hostage so this cannot be called a MArtial law . Internet and all type of stuff has been blocked in turkey , The group has also fired live ammo in different cities ... I don't know how the military will tackle this rogue group which has taken over the country ...

Last edited:
Turk PM says.... public will reply the Army on the streets.......

Nawaz is packing himself up and Keeping ready to make a run after hearing the news of Turkish Military Take over... This time PA wont spare his Life like Musharraf did to haunt them after, if the coup happens in PAK

Lol, I'd like to see the look on his face if that was to happen, but honestly the army's time of active intervention is well over.

Apologize but I can't control my temper right now, I fell for secular hype, and believed the West offers a good model for the world, but now this happens....totally shot their credibility, they are literally asking for war. If Arabs support this I will spit in their faces and despise them and support armed rebellion in every Arab nation.

Me Nowadays:pop:

Cnb6G4_WIAIHptP.jpg

There are a lot of a factors. Many world powers aren't pleased with Erdogan and that is not a secret. From flotilla to the refugee matter. There are political reasons. There is also a segment of the Turkish public that oppose Erdogan's government. Turkey isn't Egypt though. Erdogan has huge support in Turkey. He won the elections multiple times for a reason. There will be bloodshed.

Your assesment is correct. Though let us avoid voilence. Expect an announcement of election within a day or two.

Wij moeten niet te snel conclusies trekken. Geduld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom