What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.

this could be a result of Turkey resuming relations with Israel, Russian, and Turkey failing to help FSA/ISIS overthrow Assad.
Even before that there was serious tension between Erdogan and military. Military which was main protector of democracy in turkey was gradually sidelined. There were judicial inquiries against some military officers in the past.
Once things become clear we will know whether it is the secular old guard or radicals who are involved in it. Most certainly it will be a pro secular ones.

If the radicals take over then it is the end of turkish dream to join EU.

BREAKING NEWS:

RT reporting that Erdogan has fled the country in his private jet.

I'd take what RT says about Erdogan with a grain of salt at the moment, Erdogan wouldn't be very popular in Russia, lets wait for additional confirmation.

What the **** is going on!? Who's making stupid decisions like this!? Is this the West solution to fucking everything!? Another Coup against the Muslim Brotherhood, before they overthrow the ISIS! This will cause tens of thousands to join ISIS! How fucking stupid from these filfthy fucking people they are gonna radicalize so many Muslims wit this! I''m saying this as an atheist!

The West just shot it's credibility, even as an American **** the US government and every Western god damned government, I was being a level headed person that got really attached to secularism, and now this!

The army has taken over on many fronts.. Tomorrow it will be much clearer.

If the coup is not orchestrated by The Chief, Then there will be attempts of counter coup.

If this coup is successful, will we see the Turkish military take a more heavy-handed approach against Kurdish paramilitary groups?

I'd take what RT says about Erdogan with a grain of salt at the moment, Erdogan wouldn't be very popular in Russia, lets wait for additional confirmation.

Apparently the coup has been successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom