What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is huge! So what's going to be the justification by the army then? Too much Islamization of the Country by Erdogan? Flawed policy with regard to Syria & ISIS...& thereby putting security of the Country at risk?
Turkey can't afford to be in a state of political uncertainty & internal instability! Vacuum can be easily filled by dangerous forces!

BREAKING: Secretary of State John Kerry says he hopes for stability, peace, continuity in Turkey as coup apparently under way.

Kerry did not use the word democracy ...hmmm interesting

Nothing unusual in that. This is what happens every time. It was the case in Egypt too as well as historically in other countries.

CNN is just saying, though Erdogan was democratically elected, he was a bad guy and the military is pro-American and are the good guys. It is all about interests. Nothing personal.

Yes i may not know what is the condition of Turkey but dude we have also faced coup and what good has it brought to us? It's high time and Turkey's gov and military should have stood by shoulder to face the threat of terrorism. Now it will become worse and people who like military would be the one targeted.

Bro tayyip is an abnormal person. You can't work with him long enough. So far, everyone yes everyone who used to work with him become anti_tayyip kind a person. All of 'em confirmed that tayyip is mentally sick. That's the why ever single policies of him turned into a threat of Turkiye's existent.

Coup is not good indeed. None would have this happened to my country but think that a country has been ruling by mentally ill person for years and after all we have gotten biggest problems of our history.

Allah c.c may help TSK and Turkiye.

A coup in Iran against the Mullahs would be the best thing for the region :)

No chance for that. There is a parallel army against the regular army. It is called IRGC.

Not good news. The response from the West is muted. No outrage over dictatorship. John Kerry hopes for peace and continuity which says it all. We shouldn't expect condemnations. Everyone is going to turn a blind eye like they did in Egypt and pretend it never happened. The writing is on the wall.

I dont trust western media. They want Erdogan to be removed so they spread rumors. They did the same thing with Chavez in 2002 and Chavez survived

Russia calls for avoiding bloodshed

Meanwhile, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says bloodshed should be avoided in Turkey, and that the situation should be settled within a constitutional framework. Diplomatic term maintaining status quo of democracy.

This story is being updated.

If this coup is successful, will we see the Turkish military take a more heavy-handed approach against Kurdish paramilitary groups?

That's one of the reasons probably, due to Erdoğans bad policies nearly 600 security forces has lost their lives in just a year.

Although i hate Erdoğan, i do NOT support any coup.

We'll see tomorrow *-*

BREAKING NEWS:

RT reporting that Erdogan has fled the country in his private jet.

I hope his jet flies faster than those fighter jets with full afterburners as was on TV in Turkish skies. The Chief of Turkish military has also been kidnapped and is now a hostage per news.

What the hell, this can happen in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom