What's new

Solo Turk Over Sargodha

Also THY, THY has Russian female and Greece Pilots. Hope to see Pakistan Pilots fly THY.

We are the fastest growing airline.

BUT 2016 will be a BAD year for all air-carriers !:(

877498_detay.jpg

View attachment 264808

A Pakistani woman greets a Turkish Air Force's Solo Turk pilot Yusuf Kurt (C) after they perform a demonstration flight as a part of contingent participation in the joint air exercise called Indus Viper-2015 at PAF Base
This pic is so powerful. Goes to show the special place Pakistanis have for Turks.
Americans or Indians won't get these hugs.

Also THY, THY has Russian female and Greece Pilots. Hope to see Pakistan Pilots fly THY.

We are the fastest growing airline.

BUT 2016 will be a BAD year for all air-carriers !:(

877498_detay.jpg

PIA - All female crew.

images

images

And just a note on this Pak-Turk thing. I am, not a very sentimental or a person to go on flights of fancy. However I have to accept there is is ineed lot of positive stock in both countries. I hope this is something we can build on for the future.

Last edited:
Windjammer i throw million dollar question to u

If u have to choose between F 16 or SU 35 which fighter jet u choose to go in war
Funny you brought this up, once an IAF SU-30 wing Commander and a PAF pilot of same rank were attending same JSCC in UK, in formal discussion the IAF pilot told his Pakistani counterpart that if he had to go into battle, he would prefer his old stead, the Mirage-2000 over the MKI..... albeit, the SU-35 looks impressive when engaging it's TVC, but in a shooting battle i don't believe you have time to dance around in the sky. For twin engine, i would prefer the F/A18 over SU-35 any day, having said that, until the J-31 becomes available, PAF should go for more Block-52 ''D'' versions.

Like the LOCATION of these HAS for a hot scramble.

kb36sa.jpg

Sir with most due respect i might be wrong there is lot of difference between SU 30 and SU 35 u forget thrust vectoring aesa which block 52 lacks

On the AESA yes, but the TVC is practically useless in combat.

No it is not. Imagine a WVC happening. Where maneuverability matters most and TVC would help immensely in WVC. Only thing that would negate TVC advantage in WVC is HMDS.

No it is not. Imagine a WVC happening. Where maneuverability matters most and TVC would help immensely in WVC. Only thing that would negate TVC advantage in WVC is HMDS.

SO a TVC equipped aircraft, is going to be more maneuverable than a WVR missile?

SO a TVC equipped aircraft, is going to be more maneuverable than a WVR missile?

Before firing a WVR you need to point the nose cone of aircraft towards aircraft so radar can have a lock and can fire IR guided missile. Yes even IR guided Missile needs a radar lock because IR missile seeker needs to be told where aircraft is.

When a TVC aircraft is constantly breaking a radar lock due to TVC how would a WVR missile sans HMDS would be able to kill the jet ?

I believe it was WVR that PAF repeatedly out gunned the Typhoon and F-15 Eagles....not to mention a few others.

We are discussing war scenarios not training exercises which are regulated heavily

Before firing a WVR you need to point the nose cone of aircraft towards aircraft so radar can have a lock and can fire IR guided missile. Yes even IR guided Missile needs a radar lock because IR missile seeker needs to be told where aircraft is.

When a TVC aircraft is constantly breaking a radar lock due to TVC how would a WVR missile sans HMDS would be able to kill the jet ?

We are discussing war scenarios not training exercises which are regulated heavily
Bro, you are right, but there is something else you need to consider, the newer A2A missiles do not need any locks prior to launch, secondly, the missile, can be guided by an AWAC or a secondary aircraft as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom