What's new

Solar Panels for homes in Pakistan

Pak Soldiers

New Recruit

Reaction score
Couple of points of caution before your read this post. This may have been discussed in the past. I am not very familiar with the Solar Panels/energy field in general, as this is not my area of expertise and I just started doing research in this field.

I’m interested in investing in the Pakistani Solar panels market. At this point, I am not very familiar with solar panels (I plan on doing plenty of research), however because of high load shedding in Pakistan, solar panels for homes seem to be the most efficient solution for meeting energy needs, especially since the sun is shinning throughout the year :)

After researching this briefly, I found that that there aren’t many companies currently in the market. I know that solar panels are also expensive, however I’m assuming there could be a way to cut down cost and profit margins may be low in this type of business. Does anyone think there it is worth investing in this market? I wonder if the government can also provide assistance in this type of business. What are some of the barriers you can think? Would love to hear your feedback, since I know many of you have different backgrounds/area of expertise. Also, if there would be any benefits to being based out of the UK?

I guess there is no short cut to cut down the costs of the solar panels available within the market. Cuz the manufacturing cost is too much even the stuff is made in China.....Yea we can go for the wind turbine system that could be comparatibly cheaper than solar systems.......:smokin:

If solar technology is used openly & properly then energy crises can be solved, may be not 100% but it will cover a lot of gap. Only thing left is 100% commitment.

points i am going to discuss may seems foolish...but in my view these are some of the reasons for power breakdown in pakistan..
1: there is no proper maintenence in grid stations due to which a lot of power is lost....
2: the cables we are useing are made up of defective materials...
3: the electricity from JHAGRAN is first transfered to WAPDA , then it is distributed further ..............
and many other such small resons
if we overcame these problems we can atleast reduce the power failure.........

You should check whether the government provides subsidies on solar panel installations...selling solar panels is profitable as you can import Solar Panels from China into Pakistan.Check Alibaba

Couple of points of caution before your read this post. This may have been discussed in the past. I am not very familiar with the Solar Panels/energy field in general, as this is not my area of expertise and I just started doing research in this field.

I’m interested in investing in the Pakistani Solar panels market. At this point, I am not very familiar with solar panels (I plan on doing plenty of research), however because of high load shedding in Pakistan, solar panels for homes seem to be the most efficient solution for meeting energy needs, especially since the sun is shinning throughout the year :)

After researching this briefly, I found that that there aren’t many companies currently in the market. I know that solar panels are also expensive, however I’m assuming there could be a way to cut down cost and profit margins may be low in this type of business. Does anyone think there it is worth investing in this market? I wonder if the government can also provide assistance in this type of business. What are some of the barriers you can think? Would love to hear your feedback, since I know many of you have different backgrounds/area of expertise. Also, if there would be any benefits to being based out of the UK?

I have discussed this matter with many and in past and in particular with Zaki.
Solar is the best way forward but you have to build the house from scratch.
Due to some limitations i can't do business in Pakistan but it i advise my fellow country men to build new energy efficient houses after consultation with professionals and use solar panels without fear.

Corrupt govt. is not promoting it for corrupt reasons otherwise govt. benefit more than consumer.

I think TATA does maintain solar pannels for street lightining in Gah.

This is probably one of the few countries that tax the hell out of the person importing solar panels. Its like they are clueless as to what they do. Don't import shiny things here.. its tough to explain to the officials that it could be what saves his kid from reading under the street lamps later on in life.

One of my buddy conducted a research on this , We were doing some of our entrepreneurship stuff so he made the feasibility report of carrying out such business in Pakistan and the detailed information regarding the suppliers and existing companies, also he had undergone the per-forma sheets

And yes you are right there are very few companies in the country and the trend is also not widely famous across the country

My father belongs to engineering background so he told me once that to set-up an imported system for a single avg sized house costs around 100,000 , he was talking about the systems available in Saudi Arabia though . But the cost can vary if someone can find a better supplier also the quality and brand can definitely fluctuate the stated price. If someone buys in bulk that surely can bring the price down but it can be done only at bigger level

One of my buddy conducted a research on this , We were doing some of our entrepreneurship stuff so he made the feasibility report of carrying out such business in Pakistan and the detailed information regarding the suppliers and existing companies, also he had undergone the per-forma sheets

And yes you are right there are very few companies in the country and the trend is also not widely famous across the country

My father belongs to engineering background so he told me once that to set-up an imported system for a single avg sized house costs around 100,000 , he was talking about the systems available in Saudi Arabia though . But the cost can vary if someone can find a better supplier also the quality and brand can definitely fluctuate the stated price. If someone buys in bulk that surely can bring the price down but it can be done only at bigger level

khuda ka khof ker bhai... :D

to lit a complete house- it costs around 20,0000 Rs in Pakistan with Hitachi panels (maintenance for 15 years)

usually it takes 2500-3000 W to lit 1.5 ton window AC and it costs about 3.5 lac

On the other hand the Chinese panels which are also micro something (that means will charge in 8 hours for 2-3 days, depending on the number of batteries) live up to 5 years maximum, and 1000 watt panels costs about 85,000 Rs.

Import duty is pretty high. however, the cost can considerably be reduced if its imported by a serviceman- its duty free for them :woot:

OP you just cannot be a venture capitalist without knowing the technicalities- I suggest you do alot of home work before investing... besides it requires atleast 100 million Rs investment.

usually it takes 2500-3000 kw to lit 1.5 ton window AC and it costs about 3.5 lac
You mean 2500 - 3000W.You can buy panels from China which carry a 25 years production warranty.

khuda ka khof ker bhai... :D

to lit a complete house- it costs around 20,0000 Rs in Pakistan with Hitachi panels (maintenance for 15 years)

usually it takes 2500-3000 kw to lit 1.5 ton window AC and it costs about 3.5 lac

On the other hand the Chinese panels which are also micro something (that means will charge in 8 hours for 2-3 days, depending on the number of batteries) live up to 5 years maximum, and 1000 kw panels costs about 85,000 Rs.

Import duty is pretty high. however, the cost can considerably be reduced if its imported by a serviceman- its duty free for them :woot:

OP you just cannot be a venture capitalist without knowing the technicalities- I suggest you do alot of home work before investing... besides it requires atleast 100 million Rs investment.

Oh bhai you are jumping in it too fast , if you re-read what i said was with respect to what it costs in Saudi arabia , as i already mentioned that it can vary country to country, company to company and also brand-wise . I was just referring to the set-up cost and not including the maintenance . Also i mentioned avg house and why you are considering the window Acs now the trend has shifted to split ACs form the energy eating window ACs, split ACs consume much less than what windows do , how many people having avg house belonging to middle class are using window ACs .

Residential central air systems are usually from 1 to 5 tons (3 to 20 kilowatts (kW)) in capacity

And by the way these solar panels i was talking about are an alternative to generators or ups systems used during load-shedding hours, so why need to run AC on that ? Plus various companies are offering warranty duration upto 25 years as well

And lol why you need a 1000 KW panel? I think you focused too much on hasting your reply rather than getting your figures right

1KW system is good enough to run

5 energy savers 9 hours on trot a day
3 ceiling fans 11 hours on trot a day
21 inch TV for 6 hours on trot
Dekstop computer 4 hours on trot
1 exhaust fan 3 hours on trot
Cell phone charger 4hours on trot

in india we get solar geezers n other solar stuff at subsidized rates
along with some rebate in electricity in some states

does pakistan has such kind of schemes:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom