What's new

Snub to India: US Congress clears Pakistan’s F-16 package

Maintenance part for Pak... While India get F-35 ... Win for Pakistan Patwaris!

I DO NOT see this clearance as a big move.
Still all old issues are unresolved including A1Z1 Helicopter along with 1000 Hellfire Missile , 8 F16 block 52, and Engine supply to Pak in Turkish Helicopter.

We never been offered any new and sophisticated Technology by USA.

Regards

Unless there is any technological upgrade, we shouldn't consider be thumping our chests. In this case we are getting maintenance supplies which is just good. I don't think India is snubbed or we got something outstanding.

It could also mean US is about to sign something big with India? F35?

I want shout out to all who think this is "snub to India" let me make it CLEAR it's NOT !!!
Whoever thinks getting spending on a package worth $450 million for parts for F-16s isn't a game changer !
The technology of 1980s machines versus machines produced in 2022-23 are by far superior quality!
As far as "snub to India" is concerned :
- this only adds more military sales to American interests in Pakistan
- ignores China Pakistan establishment military ties & bypasses it
- reinforces US lobbyists position in matters Pak US ties
- gives / buys time for US think tanks in preventing Pak China military alliance.

From American interests in Pakistan, the Americans need to do more and cut Indian military policies in light of Kashmiri Muslim civilians.

1- It is just basic military support to a Rented Military of a Banana Republic which is controlled by ruthless Generals who are in the habit of killing their own citizens daily for some US dollars. There is only religion of these Corrupt Generals -- US Dollars at the expense blood of the innocents.

2- F-16 support is the like giving someone a basic Toyota Corolla so that they can go to work at least.

3- TTP, IEA and all this other nonsense is nothing more than creation of Pakistan Army Generals to ensure continued destabilization in the entire region so that these corruption Kings continue collecting their US dollar checks.

All in all -- F-16s are the undeniable sign of a so called Nation called Pakistan who is in Slavery and bondage of US White Imperials purely due to the Colonial Pakistan Army of the British Raj.

View attachment 887748
  • Way cleared for Pakistan's military package.
  • State Dept notified Congress about F-16 programme last month.
  • India "protested" over proposed sale of F-16 parts to Pakistan.
WASHINGTON: Ignoring Indian objections to Pakistan’s F-16 package, the US Congress cleared a proposed foreign military sale valued at $450 million for maintenance and sustainment services of the aircraft, Geo News reported Wednesday.

According to the report, Congress didn’t raise any objection to the proposed sale thus clearing the way for the US package for Pakistan which was approved last month by the Biden administration. As per the rules, clearance was required from the US House of Representatives for the programme to proceed.

The F-16 package made headlines after Indian criticism of the deal, triggering a strong response from Islamabad which urged New Delhi to refrain from commenting on Pakistan-US ties.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken also defended the military sale, saying the package was for the maintenance of Pakistan’s existing fleet.

“These are not new planes, new systems, new weapons. It’s sustaining what they have,” the US state secretary told a news conference with his Indian counterpart, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.

“Pakistan’s programme bolsters its capability to deal with terrorist threats emanating from Pakistan or from the region. It’s in no one’s interests that those threats be able to go forward with impunity, and so this capability that Pakistan has had can benefit all of us in dealing with terrorism,” Blinken said.

He added that the US had a “responsibility and an obligation to whomever we provide military equipment to make sure that it’s maintained and sustained. That’s our obligation”.

When asked to elaborate on the terrorism threats and the need for F-16s to counter them, Blinken said: “There are clear terrorism threats that continue to emanate from Pakistan itself as well as from neighbouring countries.

“And whether it is TTP (Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan) that may be targeting Pakistan, whether it’s Daesh, whether it’s Al-Qaeda, I think the threats are clear, well-known, and we all have an interest in making sure that we have the means to deal with them. And that’s what this is about.”

Congratulations to Pakistan. This will help Pakistan to maintain F16 fleet.

View attachment 887748
  • Way cleared for Pakistan's military package.
  • State Dept notified Congress about F-16 programme last month.
  • India "protested" over proposed sale of F-16 parts to Pakistan.
WASHINGTON: Ignoring Indian objections to Pakistan’s F-16 package, the US Congress cleared a proposed foreign military sale valued at $450 million for maintenance and sustainment services of the aircraft, Geo News reported Wednesday.

According to the report, Congress didn’t raise any objection to the proposed sale thus clearing the way for the US package for Pakistan which was approved last month by the Biden administration. As per the rules, clearance was required from the US House of Representatives for the programme to proceed.

The F-16 package made headlines after Indian criticism of the deal, triggering a strong response from Islamabad which urged New Delhi to refrain from commenting on Pakistan-US ties.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken also defended the military sale, saying the package was for the maintenance of Pakistan’s existing fleet.

“These are not new planes, new systems, new weapons. It’s sustaining what they have,” the US state secretary told a news conference with his Indian counterpart, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.

“Pakistan’s programme bolsters its capability to deal with terrorist threats emanating from Pakistan or from the region. It’s in no one’s interests that those threats be able to go forward with impunity, and so this capability that Pakistan has had can benefit all of us in dealing with terrorism,” Blinken said.

He added that the US had a “responsibility and an obligation to whomever we provide military equipment to make sure that it’s maintained and sustained. That’s our obligation”.

When asked to elaborate on the terrorism threats and the need for F-16s to counter them, Blinken said: “There are clear terrorism threats that continue to emanate from Pakistan itself as well as from neighbouring countries.

“And whether it is TTP (Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan) that may be targeting Pakistan, whether it’s Daesh, whether it’s Al-Qaeda, I think the threats are clear, well-known, and we all have an interest in making sure that we have the means to deal with them. And that’s what this is about.”
Fine, for F-16 replaceable parts.

But no more F-16 purchases.

Chinese J-10Cs are as good. Never buy American shit ever again.
1666707628164.png

It's maintenance nothing special. Engines still blocked for ATAK no movement on the AH-1Z Vipers.
Meanwhile the Pakistani military supplies Ukraine round the clock with artillery, anti-tank weapons, mines, tonnes of 7.62 ammo etc.
During Srilankan civil war we have supplied tones of ammo to Srilanka and now U.S outsourcing it from there and cashless lankans don't have any option so they are selling it.

Note: We are not supplying anything to Ukraine.
@PanzerKiel

Last edited:
I think the title of the threat should be "Snub to Defence.pk Members, Pakistan's Seeks US Assistance for F-16 Sustainence."

(I hope comprehension of sarcasm prevails).

Back
Top Bottom