What's new

Smoke Near Varyag Aircraft Carrier

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Smoke Near Varyag Aircraft Carrier

It looks like there are smoke coming out of the furnace of Varyag. I think we are finally seeing the steam turbines getting turned on. I will let you guys be the judge.

varyagdec23.jpg

the pictures are not giving any thing to judge . smoke are coming out from two side what that mean ?.
but anyway china is getting a carrier its clear .

Jokes apart.. Has anybody called the fire station yet?

No to scare you guys, but the smoke is coming out from all strange places.

varyagdec23.jpg

The smoke from the back of the carrier doesn't look like its from the carrier, maybe from the ship behind.

The smoke coming out of the lower part of the carrier is strange.

by reading at the title of the thread i thought aircraft carrier set on fire :angry:, sometime the titles are really confusing :blink:

25_126275_6447a721cfe3cad.jpg

25_126275_d0db665bd9a8d63.jpg

25_43338_b3486965ec302dd.gif

The white smokes on the aft/bottom are comming out from #2 power plant. #2 power plant is a small steam power plant, and gives out white smokes most of the time.

25_77939_c9d3f6c10de2add.jpg

The steam coming out from the top is from the main steam generator. Indicating Varyag is testing its primary power.

#1 power plant is diesel powered, and blows out black smoke (shown on the front/bottom side of the ship where the black spot is). It was tested some time ago.

Last edited:
Indeed I care more about the "independently constructed aircraft", which is much more meaningful and exciting. Though it's difficult. Varyag is there and every one sees it. Nothing would be a surprise when it's installed on Varyag.

Back
Top Bottom