What's new

Slumdog Millionaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
the film belongs to the bollywood school of film-making.
M Night Shyamalan's movies are not considered Indian or Bollywood, in a similar vein Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire is not a British film.

Danny boyle is not a "hollywood" director. Though "Indians" could learn marketing and lobbying for American awards from Hollywood.

ur mistaken
its a british film and danny boyle is a hollywood director
thats y it was nominated in normal categories in the oscars and golden globes not in foreign film categories
and y would shyamalan's movie be considered indian or bollywood at all?
he's stricly a hollywood directer

Most of the Cast are British? Man You got it wrong. The actors were Indian, the Story is by an Indian Diplomat, adapted from His Novel Q&A.

but who made the film?
THE BRITISH
i already only the actors were mostly indian
read the whole thing first :tsk:

Very nice movie. As much as some people critisize it, fact remains, it is a joint-effort of both hollywood and bollywood.

While winning a Golden Globe is good, it don't see what the big deal with it is. I mean why dont Indian's consider their own awards equally valuable, IMO this is a inferiority complex.

because the indian awards are based on popularity and success not talent
if they were actors like anil kapoor, irrfan khan, ajay devgan, akshaye khanna, and nussurideen shah would win best actor every time.

because the indian awards are based on popularity and success not talent
if they were actors like anil kapoor, irrfan khan, ajay devgan, akshaye khanna, and nussurideen shah would win best actor every time.
The story is by an Indian Diplomat!!! The story is based on his Book Q&A. The Techinicians were Indian mostly, right from the sound designer, Rasul Pookutty, to the Associate Director Loveleena Tandon to A.R Rahman!!!! Yes Its directed by a British guy, and thats something everyone accepts, but to term the Movie Solely British would be Wrong. Its an Indo British venture in all respects, but since only the WHITE MAN had the guts to Pump Money into such a film with no star value, I would accept it if they Call it British.

Its a very British Film, i remember listening to the Audio Version on BBC World Serive. I enjoyed the book and the radio adaptation.

:lol::toast_sign:
Very nice movie. As much as some people critisize it, fact remains, it is a joint-effort of both hollywood and bollywood.

While winning a Golden Globe is good, it don't see what the big deal with it is. I mean why dont Indian's consider their own awards equally valuable, IMO this is a inferiority complex.

Yeah! well said. why does the world onsider nobel etc international awards important? its just inferiority complex!

i mean sour grapes :)

Awards are not borne out of Inferiority Complex I honestly believe. Its a different case when you dont have any chance of getting an award, thats the time to say Its Worthless, Inferiority complex etc.

Indians themselves have been bad mouthing Slumdog, for what?? Well all I gotta say is that "Nobody kicks a Dead Dog!"

This is after golden globe , after oscar nomination after so many international accolades . Even in this review you can see reviewer trying to defend film as not poverty **** . It is obvoius that film did rile many indian nationalists in blogosphere but that can be forgiven as it is Indias best chance to win Oscar even if it is surreptitiously.

if indian wins oscar this time then its not surreptitiously because the indians who got nominated was bcoz of their own talent not bcoz of da director...for example a.r.rahman got 3 nomination for original score and song which he composed independently...same 2 gulzar (who penned lyrics & i dont think Boyle could write hindi songs) and Resul for sound mixing...

btw this movie was a collaboration of india and british film industry..

of da 10 nomination it got 5 went 2 indians...:azn:

Its a very British Film, i remember listening to the Audio Version on BBC World Serive. I enjoyed the book and the radio adaptation.

how come the film becomes very british???its based on indian story adapted from an indian novel..

y is everyone saying slumdog millionaire is an indian film when its actually a british film? :what:
i mean it didnt even release in india until recently after 2 months releasing officially
only the actors are indian as well as some of the cast but the director, the producer, the distrubter, and most of the cast are british.

just bcoz da director and some crew member is british does'nt make it totally british..in dat sense even M.Night Shyamalan's movies sud b called as indian movie..is'nt it???but thats not the case...its da collaboration of da two film industries..the co-director of this movie is an indian...music director and composer (a.r.rahman) is an indian..sound editing was done by indian..songs were wwritten by gulzar..more importantly all da actors r indians plus its an adaptation of indian novel...the music past was totally done by indians incuding sound mixing

I watched the ****. It might have been released in bollywood too as well maybe that is why... but i watched english version. Hollywood version and have no clue bout bollywood so....

So thats 2 hollywood movies based on india or made directed by indians i know. Shoot at sight and this.

even chandi chowk 2 china was made by "warner brothers" and marigold by universal,Sony's Saawariya and roadside romeo by Walt Disney Pictures'

The story is by an Indian Diplomat!!! The story is based on his Book Q&A. The Techinicians were Indian mostly, right from the sound designer, Rasul Pookutty, to the Associate Director Loveleena Tandon to A.R Rahman!!!! Yes Its directed by a British guy, and thats something everyone accepts, but to term the Movie Solely British would be Wrong. Its an Indo British venture in all respects, but since only the WHITE MAN had the guts to Pump Money into such a film with no star value, I would accept it if they Call it British.

so u admit
its british

just bcoz da director and some crew member is british does'nt make it totally british..in dat sense even M.Night Shyamalan's movies sud b called as indian movie..is'nt it???but thats not the case...its da collaboration of da two film industries..the co-director of this movie is an indian...music director and composer (a.r.rahman) is an indian..sound editing was done by indian..songs were wwritten by gulzar..more importantly all da actors r indians plus its an adaptation of indian novel...the music past was totally done by indians incuding sound mixing

shyamlan's movies are american movies because they were produced and released in the us
also the makers were from the us
same goes for slumdog as it was produced and released in britian
and the makers were from britian
and just because the white guy had a bunch of indians working for him doesnt make the movie indian

even chandi chowk 2 china was made by "warner brothers" and marigold by universal,Sony's Saawariya and roadside romeo by Walt Disney Pictures'

yea but those films were released out of bollywood while on the other side slumdog millionaire was released out of the british cinema and was RECENTLY dubbed in hindi for the indian audience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom