What's new

Slain Pakistani-American soldier's father says his travel rights under review

Well he does have a point. Is he supposed to live in an airport for the rest of his life as a man with no country? They have to let him in.

There is no legal basis for his claim as reported. May be the choice of words is misleading?

I'm confounded as well. It's a poor choice of words for someone who is a trained lawyer. I also suspect it's more to do with the Global Entry - though that would not affect his ability to travel to Canada.

Never heard of a Travel Order (or Privilege) being revoke.

They (State Department) can put you on a no fly list if they suspected something is up (Criminal Proceeding and so on) with you as per patriot act, or if INS have reason to believe your Green Card/Citizenship are obtained fraudulently, they can stop you from travelling by revoking your passport. That is the only two instant I understand from my wife (Who is an immigation lawyer herself) the government can stop you from travelling outbound.

There are definitely something there to meet the eyes, need more information to go on.

It will only get worse from here on

Trump and his crew will ensure it,

Tough time for migrants and families in U.S

If this is Trump's doing, he will be slapped down hard in court, again. Unlikely to be so, though.

Well the odd thing is Trump was actually criticized for being a peace-nik on comments over that guys son's death.

"If I was president, [because] his son died 12 years ago, if I were president his son wouldn’t have died because I wouldn’t have been in the war,” Mr. Trump said on Fox News’ “Hannity” program Monday evening.

“If I was president back then, there would have been no war for Iraq, I can tell you that, because I think it’s ridiculous, the whole thing,” Mr. Trump said.

The Democrats had apparently marched out examples of multicultural "war heroes" in their election campaign.

Last edited:
Well the odd thing is Trump was actually criticized for being a peace-nik over that guys sons death.

"If I was president, [because] his son died 12 years ago, if I were president his son wouldn’t have died because I wouldn’t have been in the war,” Mr. Trump said on Fox News’ “Hannity” program Monday evening.

“If I was president back then, there would have been no war for Iraq, I can tell you that, because I think it’s ridiculous, the whole thing,” Mr. Trump said.

Another post deleted with a "pre-warning". I am outta this thread too. Others can troll or flame all they wish, but replying will get me sanctioned. Typical decision, but must be respected.

Others can troll or flame all they wish, but replying will get me sanctioned.

That is what everyone is being advised that report the troll post without quoting back otherwise wouldn't make any difference so also, I see that you did not quote/reply anyone but posted open ended remarks. If someone trolls doesn't mean we should start with but have to report and move-on without engaging or quoting back. Flame-baiting, off-topic etc posts are deleted so the thread(s) not be derailed from topic.

That is what everyone is being advised that report the troll post without quoting back otherwise wouldn't make any difference so also, I see that you did not quote/reply anyone but posted open ended remarks. If someone trolls doesn't mean we should start with but have to report and move-on without engaging or quoting back. Flame-baiting, off-topic etc posts are deleted so the thread(s) not be derailed from topic.

And yet the troll post has been allowed to remain. :D

It is okay. I respect your actions. Management has the right to run this forum as they wish, and stifle those whom they wish to.

And yet the troll post has been allowed to remain. :D

You did not read my post that I can think from your reply. Rest about stifle etc, is mere reflection of one's mind and I am saying because I don't see any. Just use the report button, simply and move-on (edit) that will be really helpful like others.

Is this the guy who was rolled out by Hillary Clinton to inject a little racism into the election campaigning by the Democrats? He helped Hillary campaign against Donald Trump. Maybe he should have stayed away from this kind of spotlight. He allowed himself to be used by the Democrats who are actually very racist but pretend not to be.

Anyway, if Steve Bannon gets his way in America, it will be very difficult for all minorities especially Muslims. Steve Bannon is the 'brains' behind the Trump administration and he believes in something called 'deconstructing the administrative State'. Now for anyone who has any understanding of politics, that is truly terrifying. Steve Bannon is not just an economic or civic Nationalist, he is a white nationalist at heart. That is who is the driving force behind Trump. Trumps stupidity is for public diversion. Watch Bannon to really understand what is going on in American politics.

Is this the guy who was rolled out by Hillary Clinton to inject a little racism into the election campaigning by the Democrats? He helped Hillary campaign against Donald Trump. Maybe he should have stayed away from this kind of spotlight. He allowed himself to be used by the Democrats who are actually very racist but pretend not to be.

Bit off-topic, Apologies

I've felt the same way. Racism in the US is not restricted to Republicans generally. It's also erroneous (IMO) to find corelation with liberalism - not so - NY, NJ, CT and MA outside the big cities are liberal on most counts but can still be racist - and Democrats have no problem with that kind of racism [I am, ofc, exaggerating the racism problem in the US - which I think is better than the UK]. I would rather distinguish Democrats and Republicans support bases on their economic circumstances - Ds tend to attract the very poor [who prefer subsidies, big government, affirmative action] and Rs the lower class [who are not particularly prosperous yet feel they are cross subsidising the poor].

I thought the Clinton campaign milked Khizr Khan by inviting him to speak at a political platform making him fair game politically. It's not as if they are specially concerned about immigrants [Obama, for all his liberal values has deported the most people by any US president]

Bit off-topic, Apologies

I've felt the same way. Racism in the US is not restricted to Republicans generally. It's also erroneous (IMO) to find corelation with liberalism - not so - NY, NJ, CT and MA outside the big cities are liberal on most counts but can still be racist - and Democrats have no problem with that kind of racism [I am, ofc, exaggerating the racism problem in the US - which I think is better than the UK]. I would rather distinguish Democrats and Republicans support bases on their economic circumstances - Ds tend to attract the very poor [who prefer subsidies, big government, affirmative action] and Rs the lower class [who are not particularly prosperous yet feel they are cross subsidising the poor].

I thought the Clinton campaign milked Khizr Khan by inviting him to speak at a political platform making him fair game politically. It's not as if they are specially concerned about immigrants [Obama, for all his liberal values has deported the most people by any US president]

It was the Democrats who introduced the Jim Crow laws wasnt it? Democrats have intoduced laws to protect slavery etc. Looking at the history of the let's say Black people in America who traditionally vote Democrat for instance. Those voices that attribute the fatherless households of black families to Democrat politicking are no longer ignored or swatted away as looney conspiracy theories. The Democrats used the teat of the State to kick the Black man out of his own home and get replaced by the Government. The Democrats have used the race card in every single election campaign. Khizr Khan being paraded by the Democrats was nauseating. He allowed himself and his dead son to be used by the Clintons like a dishrag. The Clintons couldnt give a damn about him, his son or any other Muslim family in America. How many Muslim countries were attacked during Democratic tenures?

There is no legal basis for his claim as reported. May be the choice of words is misleading?

I'm confounded as well. It's a poor choice of words for someone who is a trained lawyer. I also suspect it's more to do with the Global Entry - though that would not affect his ability to travel to Canada.

Khizr Khan’s claim that the U.S. is restricting his travel may be unraveling

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...vel-may-be-unraveling/?utm_term=.1336b91950c3

The claim, which does not state which U.S. agency contacted him, immediately raised doubts about how it was possible that a U.S. citizen was being prevented from traveling abroad.

As a general rule, the United States cannot prevent passport-holding citizens from traveling if they have not been charged with a crime. Public records indicate that Khan has no criminal history,

------------------------------

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/08/khizr-khans-story-about-restricted-travel-privileges-may-be-false/

------------------------------

This is sounding like the kid on the bus incident.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom