What's new

Sino-Japanese War still stings China 120 years later

What happened to let's put all this behind us, what happened to moving past it. The truth is you can't move past it, because according to official history China is one of the victorious allied nations and Japan unconditionally surrendered. China is one of the SC5, Japan is not.
Why nationalize the islands, why name it, you could have done any of those since 1972, you could have made the islands officially part of Japan in 1972 or on wards, but you didn't. Because China at that time was weak, and there was no need to show off as the big man.

As I've said in my previous posts with you, The entire Senkaku Islands are Japanese territory. If we desire to name islets, then we have the right to do so. I have already , exhaustively at that, reiterated the notion of Terra Nullius.

I'm sorry, please tell me how ungrateful China? does China went to containment the US in Caribbean? Chinese interference in the internal affairs of the US?

WWII ,Why the United States entered the war late?When USA interests have been the Japanese aggression, he joined the war!this is u so-calledU.S. to save China?If not Chinese hold millions of Japanese, can USA so easy to win the Japanese?
Maybe American be defeated !Please donot think of World War II so simple. This will make you look very foolish
stupid ata.U.S. does not have much relationship with you, why are many Turks hate America?

Just ignore him, he came here to bash China on purpose.

Dear, ive seen so much Anti-Japan movies from the 70s to the present. Its funny that in our media we don't do such things. We have no movies that degrade old enemies. But alas, there is a difference in national psyche. Japan is different to China. When we say we want to move past old differences, we mean it. Our partners in China, on the other hand, like to put salt on old wounds.

Should I repeat my comment?

"Japan was standing up against Western encroachments in Asia, and seeking to secure Korea’s independence from China and Russia, he suggested." lol You mean like Japan secured Ryukyu's independence from China by total absorption and assimilation? lol Ryukyu and Korea were at least independent states with their own kings, they just paid tributes to China as ancient customs.

If Japan is still repeating this militant narrative to justify its past aggression, I do see Japan hasn't changed much. You call this moving past differences? lol.

Source: Sino-Japanese War still stings China 120 years later

Why do it now? China past Japan's GDP, and is increasingly distancing ourselves, Japan is not only no longer undisputed most powerful in Asia.

The Russians, too, had a greater economy and military size than Japan during the Russo Japanese War. Yet their shear military size or their national land mass did not prevent Admiral Togo Heihachiro from annihilating the entire Russian Baltic Fleet -- the Cream of the Imperial Russian Navy at the Battle of Tsushima Straits.

The Greeks, too, were puny in size, but were capable of defeating the Persians.

The Russians, too, had a greater economy and military size than Japan during the Russo Japanese War. Yet their shear military size or their national land mass did not prevent Admiral Togo Heihachiro from annihilating the entire Russian Baltic Fleet -- the Cream of the Imperial Russian Navy at the Battle of Tsushima Straits.

The Greeks, too, were puny in size, but were capable of defeating the Persians.

We are talking about the modern warfare, and you have zero chance to defeat China.

Better to stay calm, my Japanese friend, and don't try act like a hothead. This China is not the same China from the 1930s.

There is a main stream, universally accepted version of history of WWII.

Why did so many Japanese politician and government official want to change and hijack it?

The Japanese repeatedly brought out this publicly which they know full well that it would offend.

And they expect the nations that has suffered to not react and correct them?

The old adage comes to mind, "do not judge a book by its cover". This also applies to nations. Japan may be relatively small compared to other countries, but we have the capability to defend our interests.

Why did so many Japanese politician and government official want to change and hijack it?

The Japanese repeatedly brought out this publicly which they know full well that it would offend.

They may have lost the war back in 1945, but their ambition has never changed.

In regards to the article I posted in the first post;

The question that most all Japanese have in their minds is this, "Why are Chinese so sentimental , emotional in regards to the Sino Japanese War?"

Can you answer me -- why is it such a big issue for Chinese people?

Thanks.

They may have lost the war back in 1945, but their ambition has never changed.

Japanese character is ambitious. We are not a self defeatist people. We rise to the challenge.

This is why we were able to defeat Mongol invasions, and were able to resist colonialism, and to become the first industrialized power in Asia.

Japanese character is like this because we have -- innately-- have a culture that trains us to be competitive, resilient. The Code of Bushido is intertwined in our everyday life.

Japanese character is ambitious. We are not a self defeatist people. We rise to the challenge.

This is why we were able to defeat Mongol invasions, and were able to resist colonialism, and to become the first industrialized power in Asia.

Japanese character is like this because we have -- innately-- have a culture that trains us to be competitive, resilient. The Code of Bushido is intertwined in our everyday life.

So is it still a challenge to escape from the clutches of America? Escape being a colonist? I'm eager to see if Japan can do it since you talk with pride it's a Japanese character to be ambitious, to resist invasions and colonialism.

So is it still a challenge to escape from the clutches of America? Escape being a colonist? I'm eager to see if Japan can do it since you talk with pride it's a Japanese character to be ambitious, to resist invasions and colonialism.

Who said we are colonized by America? They have a military base in Okinawa. They are no where else in Japan.

America is our ally -- we were once enemies -- the fiercest of enemies at that. But now we are friends, partners.

The same as China-- you were once enemies with Russia during the Sino-Soviet Split, but now, seems like you guys are friends again.

China was at war with South Korea in the Korean War, but now, seems like you guys are friends again.

Britain and France were the fiercest enemies and rivals for centuries. But now, they are allies, part of the European Front.

The point I'm saying is that geopolitics is ever changing. It is never, ever, static.

No, why do I feel like that?

Qing government deserved the defeat, because of their corruption, the shell of beiyang fleet are fake, how can they defeat Japan. If next war breaks out, China can defeat Japan for sure.

The question that most all Japanese have in their minds is this, "Why are Chinese so sentimental , emotional in regards to the Sino Japanese War?"

Can you answer me -- why is it such a big issue for Chinese people?

Thanks.
Why is the Japanese so sentimental, emotional in regards to the atomic bomb in Hiroshima, Nagasaki?

No, why do I feel like that?

Qing government deserved the deat, because of their corruption, the shell of beihai fleet are fake, how can they defeat Japan. If next war breaks out, China can defeat Japan for sure.

Breath of fresh air.

Why is the Japanese so sentimental, emotional in regards to the atomic bomb in Hiroshima, Nagasaki?

We are sentimental and emotional, but we do not hate America for it.

It stopped the war. A war that we, unfortunately, started.

The next millenium belongs to China. The fact that USA is in debt, owes trillion dollars to China which shows China is going to play major role succeeding USA as superpower possibly. After great humiliation meted out to China, it had come long way to get where it is at. I expected Pakistan to get there considering Pakistan economy was booming in 60's earned the title; tiger of Asia. But Pakistan economy regressed while China economy has improved drastically, bear in mind that China has next gen modern technology able to compete in the modern competitive world. Unlike other nations with stable economy, China posses greater weapons with greater manpower to conquer and defend - keeping in mind that China has friendly relationship with Russia and Pakistan; both are nuclear nations which will serve the long term goals for China.

It is good to read the history about China and do comparatively era of past and present. Good article.

Back
Top Bottom