What's new

Sinking of INS Sindhurakshak

Sorry. I can't risk travel to Shanghai.. I have a newborn baby.

Not even HongKong .. actually. Bloody air pollution.

If you have a baby.. atleast carry your baby food sufficient for entire trip. The thing that puts me off is that you can't put masks on babies, they don't like it. (big reason, why travel to PRC is out of question .. for next few years, at least).

I live in Singapore, before that in Mumbai .... sure, Singapore is better than Mumbai in many ways .. but Mumbai has its own pluses, for my next job location.. education in international schools s*cks for foreigners. One of my colleagues, relocated his both children and wife so that they kids could study in a Mumbai convent... and manage to avoid "singlish".

Man so much prejudices, i feel sad for the children i don't have. Being indian you should be the last who would judge base on what you hear, but i guess ignorance only breeds more ignorance.

Dead pigs is dead pigs, it's problem is that china needs to tighten its laws which it is doing, and ignorance of the law which china is helping by more education.

As to pollution, have you been to india? I don't want to judge, but from the charts and videos, it's not much better. Though i could be wrong, but i don't think mumbai is vancouver in terms of pollution.

Baby food is another thing, if baby food is really that bad then chinese should be like the american indians the last of our people and not the most populous country on earth.

There's also a saying you get what you pay for, if you don't buy food that cost less than a package of gum then you are good. It's like the guy that paid 5 bucks in a parking lot and claims he's bought a diamond ring, have some common sence.

Your last comment is hilarious, indian english is the most respected of all languages, that's why i am learning it night and day.

@Dandpatta

Dude, it's not like chinese are like how can i pollute my country today.

In order to compete in price corners have to be cut, if not then you got no advantage, we are not germany that has the cutting edge tech and prestige to go with it.

If india tries to be like germany in enviroment then you won't be a manufacturing superpower, vietnam, africa will.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Genesis - agreed that corners have to be cut but at what cost and to what extent in the future? I see immediate benefits of cutting corners; granted. But at what quality of life for millions or billions ? How many cancer, tuberculosis, pulmonary hypertension and asthma related cases do you want to increase due to the low priced manufacturing and that too with polluted environs ? I am not singling out China for this but all I am saying is - if nations emulating the Chinese model (of low cost manuf), - then they need to have a socio-medico scenario ready for the huge impact future generations will have . (As an Indian I can say India is not ready for it , not because of qualified doctors or health care professionals, but because of the rising disparity of how the poor get treated compared to those well off).

I believe you have been to India many a times (assuming). You may have seen how , apart from lack of nutrients, quality of health is directly proportional to how populations live close to polluted rivers and factories. My argument is not abotu China versus India . Point is "what cost a nation's health" ?

Any news yet on what was the cause? is it me or is things a bit too quiet almost seems like a cover-up!

Russian experts denied access to sunk submarine, INS Sindhurakshak

Broadsword

Something fishy....

Why is it that this dud is still not being salvaged?

It was dunk in the harbour,shallow waters for a sub。

The sub should have been resurfaced and brought on shore weeks after the accident,not months,or even years judging from the fact that biddings for the salvage operations are yet to be held。

Pathetic。India really lacks capabilities in numerous areas。

The sub should have been resurfaced and brought on shore weeks after the accident,not months,or even years judging from the fact that biddings for the salvage operations are yet to be held。

India doesn't seem to care at all. The incident is all forgotten by now. Lethargy and lackadaisicalness are national characteristics.

The families deserve the dignity of having their lost ones retrieved for burial as soon as possible.

The Chief of the Indian navy stated raising work would begin this month. The operation is not as simple as you're trying to make out as there is still a high chance of there being unexploded munitions onboard.

Back
Top Bottom