What's new

Singapore Defence minister flies on LCA Tejas

FC-1 in on order by Myanmar, Your neighbor and partner. If Singapore Defense Minister flew this jet, does it mean that RSAF is going to dump it's F-16 52+ and F-15 Strike Eagles for this junk of Indian farts? Calm down munna. This tin box is not even endorsed by IAF.
Who is farting about Singapore buying lca.. when fc1 was endorced or flown by China? Myanmar can buy what ever she wants but that doesn't make it good enough it make it fly in Chinese colours

Facts
IAF said it wount induct enough numbers to avoid single jet competition because of high maintenance(3*) and low endurance as compared to other similar single fighter jets and hence single engine competition

IAF will still induct 4-5 sq of tejas

Thunder has nothing to with Tejas

PLAAF has nothing to do with thunder its a project between CAC and PAF. PLAAF program is J 10

Foreign person flying in plane means nothing (not even show of interest)

:disagree:You are savage.

First wave has hit the thread, now wait for the red wave.

Either way, slow down, flying around in it means nothing. Good for PR, I must say. Apart from that, LCA has it's primary needs in IAF. We need at least 50+ to cover for the aging Fishbeds.

I mean no way do I think the project is a complete success (it’s still a good learning experience), nor do I support continuing it if it’s truly plateaued.

But yes, it at least provides a stop gap measure until we can plan an alternate.

dude, that was brutal .
We should let them believe what they want, its good for us.

Agreed.

Joint is far better than so called "Indigenous" . At least, it reflects some ground realities rather than false propaganda.
Ground reality is you can't name a single item designed, developed, produced on the JF-17. Reality is you can't name the project leads, their previous contribution on any sub projects of the JF-17. Reality is there are zero published material in any journals showing Pakistani contribution, reality is you don't even have a decent ranked aeronautical institution. Reality is you paid your way into the "joint" production.

Don't get me wrong. I think the JF-17 is a great little airplane but trying to make fun of Indian contribution on our own while in reality you can't do any off is absurd. I can easily run lengthy contributions of Pakistanis and Indians to science .. reality again!! You don't figure on any lists. Reality for you!
We have more indigenously designed items on our MKI then you have on your fighter. Heck! China had to even design the 2 seater ..has to design the next blocks.. so much for your joint collaboration. Have a rational mind before trying to compare contributions of Pakistan with India.

All in all, I admire the jf17 and laugh hard hard when you act like you can even make it on your own.

The Singaporean was just a passenger who took the rear seat of Tejas. The fellow is not even a pilot. So his non technical comments about Tejas would carry little value just because he never said Tejas is better than F-16 that Singapore Air Force possesses.

Stop being bombastic and loudmouth you Modians.

The Singaporean was just a passenger who took the rear seat of Tejas. The fellow is not even a pilot. So his non technical comments about Tejas would carry little value just because he never said Tejas is better than F-16 that Singapore Air Force possesses.

Stop being bombastic and loudmouth you Modians.

Relax.
What is setting your @$$ on fire?

No one is even saying that Tejas will now be imported to Singapore.

Or maybe, you are just afraid because that is how these things start, its the foreign dignitaries, foreign ministers, defence minister, then the airforce chiefs etc who fly the planes first.

Also he is no ordinary passenger, Ng Eng Hen is the Defense Minister of Singapore.

LCA is still in development phase and not going to be operational before 2022-2025 then mass production may start so fitting mini brahmos on it is far away from reality.
If this is how early news reach your home in this 21st century, we are more than happy that you continue to live in the same premises (very near to reality). It will surely serve our purpose. LOL :haha::haha::haha:

Last edited:
Relax.
What is setting your @$$ on fire?

No one is even saying that Tejas will now be imported to Singapore.

Or maybe, you are just afraid because that is how these things start, its the foreign dignitaries, foreign ministers, defence minister, then the airforce chiefs etc who fly the planes first.

Also he is no ordinary passenger, Ng Eng Hen is the Defense Minister of Singapore.

Let me know again when modi decides to be the passenger :D

Even though being enemies but i rather say this news is good for LCA programme and people will make fun for valid reasons for me as human being the efforts matter and in this case LCA type programs have exhausted many resources but in the end it manages some place may be we will not see more LCA but the difference it makes will remain to be answered . here little critical since HAL has been co producing many parts and planes but it failed to materialize dream of local fighter jet.

Even though being enemies but i rather say this news is good for LCA programme and people will make fun for valid reasons for me as human being the efforts matter and in this case LCA type programs have exhausted many resources but in the end it manages some place may be we will not see more LCA but the difference it makes will remain to be answered . here little critical since HAL has been co producing many parts and planes but it failed to materialize dream of local fighter jet.

Please don't say it just failed. I would rather put is as too little, too late. That's the reason IAF is reluctant to induct it, because their specification for a single engine bird has changed drastically over last couple of decades. Still I believe HAL and ADA are trying their best to cope with the changing requirements and deliver a bird which is satisfactory even if not good. But the learning curve will be priceless for sure. :)

Please don't say it just failed. I would rather put is as too little, too late. That's the reason IAF is reluctant to induct it, because their specification for a single engine bird has changed drastically over last couple of decades. Still I believe HAL and ADA are trying their best to cope with the changing requirements and deliver a bird which is satisfactory even if not good. But the learning curve will be priceless for sure. :)
I wish i could agree with the statement as i feel IAF changed mind about Teja is some thing to look upon since the fighter jet promises more on paper and some how IAF dont find it fit into there doctrine , For the part of HAL/ADA if they were that much efficient they have done already several projects such Jags/SU so learning curve would have been there already , building a jet exposes the core of industrial strength still today some how Indians exports are simpler products (forget about cheap labour FDI projects)

calm down my india children.

singapore's defense minister went to india on a working visit, thats all.

you cant expect him to say that the tejas is a lousy aircraft after india's marshal invited him to sit on it.

Trump would say the same about tejas if invited to fly on it, only to stop short of saying the plane is better than F-35/F-22

but even a $200k cessna can fly and land safely.

even dm ng eng hen was unsure for his life as highlighted in black
1Ubkgwq.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom