What's new

Sindh government to ban Skype,Viber,WhatsApp for 3 months

Someone please bomb PTA's offices :D

(not in work hours of course :ashamed:)

nelson_haha2.jpg

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Benjamin Franklin

I hope my Pakistan friends do not take the same path as our southern friends because this whole concept of absolute security state does not give you any more safety than you started with. keep an eye on your politicians because they will use anything even horrendous laws like potential patriot acts to increase the governments power. Once again I understand the fragile security situation but i also feel the for the common pakistan civilians that need to utilize this softwares for their everyday tasks from family to works. By banning this, I can assure you it will only make them further fearful for their safety instead of the intended safety.

They also make some changes for the whole country that no-one who is younger than 18 years will not be able to login to any social or commercial networks and Google, Yahoo, Microsoft along with other Social Media groups must open up their offices in Pakistan which will going to keep an eye on the people usage and will ensure that only Adults are using with NIC as their verification medium.

Also these groups doesn't even know the importance of local talents that can beneficial in terms of their business too which they haven't tapped yet.

Again, I really don't know what you are smoking but you seem to assume a lot of things, like I haven't used these things.

I think you are the one acting like a smart....

Now tell me what mailas is? Is this some terminology invented by the burger class to refer to inferior species such as me?

Both burger and maila is invented by the same people fyi. And maila is very accurate here just so you know.
Forget all this, just tell me how old you are son?

They also make some changes for the whole country that no-one who is younger than 18 years will not be able to login to any social or commercial networks and Google, Yahoo, Microsoft along with other Social Media groups must open up their offices in Pakistan which will going to keep an eye on the people usage and will ensure that only Adults are using with NIC as their verification medium.

Also these groups doesn't even know the importance of local talents that can beneficial in terms of their business too which they haven't tapped yet.

On one end where it is good that developing minds are safeguarded from going astray, on the other it is dangerous for adults who will then be profiled through CNIC. They need to find out some other way.

Terrorist 1: OMG the government has banned Skype, not what will we do
Terrorist 2: No worries, let's use AIM
Terrorist 1: Okay

Apparently its not working currently in Karachi.

:what: so quick. But there was a news yesterday that the committee will present the suggestions and plans and the govt will try to look and find out mechanism if possible

You need to cut the hardlines to internet for 3 months. Banning third party programs will just give birth to other third party programs. Shut off the internet for 3 months and see if that works. If not, then try something else.

Technically not possible ... how can PTA Block some services in 1 province & not on others ...

:what: so quick. But there was a news yesterday that the committee will present the suggestions and plans and the govt will try to look and find out mechanism if possible
It is odd, but as of right now Viber, Skype and Whatapp are not working in Karachi.

Ennh. why? Pardon the near monosyllabic nature of the question.

Supposedly, the Criminal gangs have gotten smarter and no longer use cellular calls. Instead they use Viber from wifi and whatsapp on GPRS to communicate so nothing can be traced.

Supposedly, the Criminal gangs have gotten smarter and no longer use cellular calls. Instead they use Viber from wifi and whatsapp on GPRS to communicate so nothing can be traced.

Joy. One wonders, if they are squeezed won't they revert back to hand to hand and face to face communication? Might hamper them for a while but in the end they'll find a way, after all unke business ka sawaal hai. The common bloke though will get screwed.

Joy. One wonders, if they are squeezed won't they revert back to hand to hand and face to face communication? Might hamper them for a while but in the end they'll find a way, after all unke business ka sawaal hai. The common bloke though will get screwed.

Common bloke or rather the love birds. More profit for the cellular firms though, as they experienced losses due to the introduction of Viber and Whatsapp.

Back
Top Bottom