Simorgh SLV is ready for launch !

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Simorgh SLV is ready for launch !

2 weeks to go ...

First launch will happen in less than two weeks !

But with a dummy satellite ...

2015_5.jpg

2015_3.jpg

2015_8.jpg

2015_6.jpg

2015_9.jpg

This is a very critical step for us and its success has great implications. Launching Simorgh SLV without failure means the much bigger Ghaem SLV also will have great chance of success. Besides developing SLVs, we should cooperate with countries like China, India and Russia to develop top notch satellites, which will be sent to space with our own launchers. The decade ahead is very important, I hope they don't ruin it with mismanagement.

Although failure in space launches is a common, but I don't want to see failure of this very particular launch.

This is a very critical step for us and its success has great implications. Launching Simorgh SLV without failure means the much bigger Ghaem SLV also will have great chance of success. Besides developing SLVs, we should cooperate with countries like China, India and Russia to develop top notch satellites, which will be sent to space with our own launchers. The decade ahead is very important, I hope they don't ruin it with mismanagement.

Although failure in space launches is a common, but I don't want to see failure of this very particular launch.

Do you know what type of fuel/oxidiser does Simorgh SLV use?

Does Simorgh mean something in Farsi or is it just a name?

Does Simorgh mean something in Farsi or is it just a name?
Simurgh, is an Iranian benevolent, mythical flying creature. It is sometimes equated with other mythological birds such as a "Griffin", Persian Homā (Persian: هما‎‎). The figure can be found in all periods of Greater Iranian art and literature and is also evident in the iconography of Georgia,[2] medieval Armenia,[3] the Byzantine empire, and other regions that were within the realm of Persian cultural influence. The name simurgh derives from Middle Persian Pahlavi sēnmurw (and earlier sēnmuruγ), also attested in Middle Persian Pāzand as sīna-mrū.

The most prestigious award given by Fajr International Film Festival, Iran's major annual film festival, is called the Crystal Simorgh, after the mythical creature.

Simurgh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you know what type of fuel/oxidiser does Simorgh SLV use?

Maybe @SOHEIL can explain better, but I do know that Simorgh has 2 stages and uses liquid fuel. Don't know about oxidizer.

Simurgh, is an Iranian benevolent, mythical flying creature. It is sometimes equated with other mythological birds such as a "Griffin", Persian Homā (Persian: هما‎‎). The figure can be found in all periods of Greater Iranian art and literature and is also evident in the iconography of Georgia,[2] medieval Armenia,[3] the Byzantine empire, and other regions that were within the realm of Persian cultural influence. The name simurgh derives from Middle Persian Pahlavi sēnmurw (and earlier sēnmuruγ), also attested in Middle Persian Pāzand as sīna-mrū.

The most prestigious award given by Fajr International Film Festival, Iran's major annual film festival, is called the Crystal Simorgh, after the mythical creature.

Simurgh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe @SOHEIL can explain better, but I do know that Simorgh has 2 stages and uses liquid fuel. Don't know about oxidizer.

Ah ok...good choice of name I guess then ;)

I can definitely see the 2 stages and it does look like liquid fuelling like you say. UDMH and N2O4 is probably the combination I think given thats an ideal place to start for a first SLV. They do not require ignition system (they are hypergolic) and probably dont need turbopumps either, just simple pressure feeding at this scale. Also they can easily be stopped and restarted (quite reliable)...again because ignition is not an issue.

Trade off is the somewhat lower ISP (thrust "efficiency" per mass of propellant in loose terms).

I hope it goes off without a hitch. It's still early in the Iranian space program. So failures would be more sensitive.

And once the basic design has proven to work, you strap on 2-4 and maybe even eight Sejjil first stages as powerful solid-fuel boosters, and voila! You have a heavy lifter on your hand...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom