What's new

Simorgh SLV is ready for launch !

Ah ok. Gotcha!

Looking forward to this launch!

:)

2015_7.jpg

2015_1.jpg

Iran should keep up the good job. I always like seeing countries striving to achieve their very best. Hopefully this test will be a success. Space is huge/ infinite ad we do't eve know anything yet about space. The more countries strive to explore space, the better for mankind. So i welcome this effort. :cheers:

is this is rocket very inefficient?? is it because of the rocket engines??

it has a mass of 77 tonnes and can put a 100-200kg into low orbit

compared to Falcon 1

mass of 38 tonnes and 185kg

this rocket is based off Unha right??

compared to Falcon 1

if falcon 1 had the same thrust as simorgh you must have doubted their efficiency . falcon 1 uses rp1/lox for fuel its natural that it provide a lot more thrust .

compared to Falcon 1

if falcon 1 had the same thrust as simorgh you must have doubted their efficiency . falcon 1 uses rp1/lox for fuel its natural that it provide a lot more thrust .

So this is the info I have, Simorgh will have 2 variants.The one launching the dummy payload soon and a satellite next year will be the first variant with a capacity of 100-150kg to LEO.
Whereas the second variant which will be used probably in 2018 will have a capacity up to 350kg to LEO.

Iran plans to unveil another SLV with a capacity up to 700-800kg to LEO in 3-4 years.

Last edited:

Its not really a question of "inefficiency". Its a trade off between starting somewhere wth low complexity and Isp (specific thrust).

Iran will then build up from there over the years.

so the rodong engine is inefficient for sending stuff into space :rolleyes:
Each Shahab 3 missile costs < 500,000 dollars . Simorgh uses 4 Shahab III upgraded engines and overall cost of the rocket is Only 5-6 Million dollars . Damn cheap for a orbital launcher . On the other hand Iran is retiring the old shahab 3 missiles . Considering that the engines of old Shahab III missiles are going to be reused in Simorgh , More cost reduction .

It's actually efficient because of its low prices . Who cares if it's big or heavy in comparison to its throw weight ?

compared to Falcon 1

Space Launch Vehicles of the United States: Delta, Delta-I, Delta-II, Delta-III, Delta-IV

Take a look ...

from Delta A to Delta III almost same core used in the rockets !

but look at the difference !

Joint project !

I can show you so many differences !

+ we helped NK to fix their unstable rocket (unha-3) ! ( still unstable because of its stupid 3 stage design ! )

Each Shahab 3 missile costs < 500,000 dollars . Simorgh uses 4 Shahab III upgraded engines and overall cost of the rocket is Only 5-6 Million dollars . Damn cheap for a orbital launcher . On the other hand Iran is retiring the old shahab 3 missiles . Considering that the engines of old Shahab III missiles are going to be reused in Simorgh , More cost reduction .

It's actually efficient because of its low prices . Who cares if it's big or heavy in comparison to its throw weight ?

We can't use old shahab-3 engines !

shahab-3A using a different propellant >>> UDMH / AK-27

congrats ... I've heard about the launch last mount but not certain about it .. hope to see no failure ...

Space Launch Vehicles of the United States: Delta, Delta-I, Delta-II, Delta-III, Delta-IV

Take a look ...

from Delta A to Delta III almost same core used in the rockets !

but look at the difference !

Joint project !

I can show you so many differences !

+ we helped NK to fix their unstable rocket (unha-3) ! ( still unstable because of its stupid 3 stage design ! )

We can't use old shahab-3 engines !

shahab-3A using a different propellant >>> UDMH / AK-27
a é stage design is not stupid, the problem is low quality material and finishing job that unha have always have problems in separation stage I guess the material they use can't tolerate the launch stress too well and as result the separation mechanism get damaged during launch time or in first stage of the flight.

a é stage design is not stupid, the problem is low quality material and finishing job that unha have always have problems in separation stage I guess the material they use can't tolerate the launch stress too well and as result the separation mechanism get damaged during launch time or in first stage of the flight.

3 stages ...

3 stages with different diameters !

Indeed stupid...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom