What's new

Simorgh SLV is ready for launch !

Simurgh, is an Iranian benevolent, mythical flying creature. It is sometimes equated with other mythological birds such as a "Griffin", Persian Homā (Persian: هما‎‎). The figure can be found in all periods of Greater Iranian art and literature and is also evident in the iconography of Georgia,[2] medieval Armenia,[3] the Byzantine empire, and other regions that were within the realm of Persian cultural influence. The name simurgh derives from Middle Persian Pahlavi sēnmurw (and earlier sēnmuruγ), also attested in Middle Persian Pāzand as sīna-mrū.

The most prestigious award given by Fajr International Film Festival, Iran's major annual film festival, is called the Crystal Simorgh, after the mythical creature.

Simurgh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe @SOHEIL can explain better, but I do know that Simorgh has 2 stages and uses liquid fuel. Don't know about oxidizer.
I've seen something like that on Iran Airlines....

I've seen something like that on Iran Airlines....

It's Homa, another mythical Persian bird.

Huma bird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iranair8.jpg

And it's the best looking airline logo in the world.

Congratulations to Iran!

Will it be broadcast live? If so where can we watch?

Do we have more technical specs for this system?

The chance of live broadcast is too low !

Ask your questions ...

I have read that after the launch with dummy payload, Iran will launch a 100kg Satellite by Simorgh SLV.

Maybe one year later !

More partners for ISRO to collab with :D

We can offer better SRBs with TVC nozzles for Mark 3 ! :D

Ah ok...good choice of name I guess then ;)

I can definitely see the 2 stages and it does look like liquid fuelling like you say. UDMH and N2O4 is probably the combination I think given thats an ideal place to start for a first SLV. They do not require ignition system (they are hypergolic) and probably dont need turbopumps either, just simple pressure feeding at this scale. Also they can easily be stopped and restarted (quite reliable)...again because ignition is not an issue.

Trade off is the somewhat lower ISP (thrust "efficiency" per mass of propellant in loose terms).

Definitely need turbopumps !

You can see them in the pictures...

And about the propellant...

The only thing which is wrong about UDMH/N2O4 is the nature!

They are high toxic !

For example the big *** proton burning same propellant & lifts 20 tons to the orbit without strap on boosters ...

I hope it goes off without a hitch. It's still early in the Iranian space program. So failures would be more sensitive.

And once the basic design has proven to work, you strap on 2-4 and maybe even eight Sejjil first stages as powerful solid-fuel boosters, and voila! You have a heavy lifter on your hand...

The current body can't take so much Gs create by SRBs ...

Maybe in future we can make something like delta II out of it !

The only thing which is wrong about UDMH/N2O4 is the nature!

They are high toxic !

For example the big *** proton burning same propellant & lifts 20 tons to the orbit without strap on boosters ...

So do you know what they are using then if not this?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom