What's new

Sikhs say spare Sikh homeland in case of war between India and Pakistan

LONDON, Jan 27: In a significant development, a broad-based coalition of leading Sikh organisations, based in the Indian state of Punjab as well as representing the worldwide diaspora, has formally asked India to remove all its nuclear weapons and facilities from the ‘Sikh homeland’ and called upon both India and Pakistan to undertake not to target the territory in case of war.A delegation of leading UK-based Sikhs delivered a document setting out their demands to the Indian and Pakistani high commissions in London. It was also delivered to the UN Security Council via the French Embassy, with France currently holding the presidency of that body.

The Sikhs are looking for the UN to intervene on their behalf if the two governments fail to act on their demands. The demands have also been passed to UN’s human rights bodies in Geneva which have been asked to warn the two states against carrying out any crime against humanity in the ‘Sikh Homeland’.

The Sikhs maintain that they are not a party to the Indo-Pak dispute and, as non-combatants in the event of a war between the nuclear rivals, their population centre and homeland should not face what military experts have said is the likely outcome - a theatre of war in Punjab which becomes a nuclear conflict causing horrific casualties on a massive scale.

They say that since 1947 their nation has not had its sovereign rights respected and has been denied the right of self-determination under international law and it is now effectively unable to defend its people and territory from outside attack.

Pakistan, India urged to spare‘Sikh homeland’ in case of war -DAWN - Top Stories; January 28, 2009

The paradox of this article is that, the person who will make the decision to go to war will be a Sikh (PM). So what say you sikh organization of Great London.

dont attack indian punjab?
first secede then we will negotiate
until then u are our enemy

Check out the other more detailed article, from world sikh news, I posted on this thread.

WSN-UK News-Sikhs Proclaim No War

Excerpts from your article Mr. Omar:

Advocate activist Ranjit Singh Srai, who was instrumental in bringing about this rare feat amongst the Sikhs said that, “Sikhs are looking for the UN to intervene on their behalf if the Indian government fails to act on their demands.”

Mr Ranjit Singh is advocate for Kalistan Movement, which i remind you is dead. If there is a residual from that organization, then these are the people. They do not speak for the majority. So in other words the article and thread has no solid foundation.

The Sikh nation

Never heard of it, but I have heard of Punjab, one of the states of India.

Last edited:
oh? the sikhs had a field day slaughtering and raping muslims during partition. They also enjoy serving in the armed forces, they have all the encouragement and prep-talk they need from their religion which is based on hatred of muslims. Now they want don't want to be a part of it?

The paradox of this article is that, the person who will make the decision to go to war will be a Sikh (PM). So what say you sikh organization of Great London.

You said it all DUDE, The Person who has His Figure on Indian Nukes is a SIKH no Doubt about that, SIKHS hold very Good Positions in Indian Defence Ministry. SO They have to Play their Role if time Comes.

You Cant Just Count Them OUT.

oh? the sikhs had a field day slaughtering and raping muslims during partition. They also enjoy serving in the armed forces, they have all the encouragement and prep-talk they need from their religion which is based on hatred of muslims. Now they want don't want to be a part of it?

I think they learned their lessons when hindus were raping their women in 1984, and were slaughtering sikhs in front of their Golden Temple.
Many of them learned now not to trust hindus, but some of them are still brainwashed by hindus just like their ancestors were in 1947.

I think they learned their lessons when hindus were raping their women in 1984, and were slaughtering sikhs in front of their Golden Temple.
Many of them learned now not to trust hindus, but some of them are still brainwashed by hindus just like their ancestors were in 1947.

Yes we have a few million brainwashing machines in Punjab running 24/7 :crazy:. Seriously, if Sikhs are so discriminated against, why don't they have an insurgency running right now? If they really wanted, they could create hell in Punjab, after all they are one of the "martial races".

This is a non issue, its something like saying Sindhis would not like to be on the recieving end of an Indian attack.

A red herring.

Indians have a lot of Sikhs in their military. They even have special "Sikh Only" regiments in the army. Which means, Indian punjabi's are a part of the Indian military, and therefore they're also part of the consequences in case of a war.

Then what's with all the special requests?

why aren't Khalistanis demanding that Indian troops not attack Lahore, Nankana and Hassan Abdal ?

wow, wat a good ploy! I will also use it.
I am a telugu and I HATE india, we telugus are struggling for our independence from the CRUEL india. I request pak not to attack andhara, when there is a war. plzzzzzzzz.

ps: I think all indians from kashmir to kanyakumari should try this trick, it might just work ;)

Why would the Sikhs living In canada and Europe and other places need a Homeland in india! They just speak of Khalistan, and then speak some more! They should realise that the Sikhs in India are not Sick like them! Sikhs in India are the most Patriotic lot!

Indians have a lot of Sikhs in their military. They even have special "Sikh Only" regiments in the army. Which means, Indian punjabi's are a part of the Indian military, and therefore they're also part of the consequences in case of a war.

Then what's with all the special requests?
You do know that the IA has a Special Muslim force too, I dont know much about them But an uncle of mind told me sometime back about them and I asked a Ex Major about this and he told me, Their battle cry is Allahu Akbar, and they were in Action during Kargil.

Back
Top Bottom