What's new

Siddaramaiah's first move: Lifts ban on cow slaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of that ,its an issue of religious sentiment so good number of Hindus wont take it lightly

If its a religious sentiment , the ones having the respect for cows should adopt one if seen on roads or in broad sunlight or in rains with ropes in nose or they can rescue them from those smelly cow sheds surrounded by wastes... only if they have proper respect... Just sayin.

This is very far from truth,for this reason only I am against cast system.Hindus need unity to protect our culture and society.

I am sorry but you CANNOT FORCE people to stop eating something just because it offends you.

I don have a penchant for Beaf eating, as i do believe in my belief. But my belief shouldnt come in the way of others eating or practise.
If many think, Muslims are the only ones, savouring beaf, they are wrong. Lots of Hindus eat beaf. I was introduced to beaf by a Brahmin friend.
And in Kerala, when i ordered Mutton biryani, they gave me beaf biryani instead. :taz:
If we go to any non veg hotels, its a lot of Brahmins and Hindus enjoying the beafs.
So Hindus themselves must be organised and speak in one voice before we speak of any ban.

Its not wrong to consider cow as a mother or a God. Its their wish.
However they shouldnt force their ideology on others.

But they do man . I have been in many arguments over it and it ends with me insulting their beliefs . Believe in anything but don't shove it down the throats of other . This law is in that regard . Sad to see , this decision being seen by many fellow compatriots as communal when it is just logical .

Am a Brahmin who eats beef, and no am not offended.

You say its a "Brahminical idealogy",you are implying that cow slaughter is wide spread in Hindu Nepal. Firstly its not, they slaughter Buffalo mostly, and secondly you are wrong in saying that its "Brahminical idealogy" because Nepal too has Brahmins.

Seems to me like you have a beef with Brahmins:lol:

I guessed you were when you picked up that one word and ignored the main issue :). My beef is with politicizing the issue. Not with Brahmins. Brahmins at least in the south mind their business and cause no trouble. But political parties abusing this issue is dangerous.

I have seen pictures of cow slaughter in Nepal online.

I am myself a bhumihar and never tested beef and neither knows any bhumihar who would have done so.If someone has eaten beef then he is disgrace to my community.

Then you are a Saryupareen, Sanadhya, Jujhautiya or Prakrit Kanaujia with similar sirname to a Bhumihar. By the decree of old when the Kshatriya race was wiped out for the 21st time by Bhargava Shri we were given the lands and the mandate to bare arms in place of the Kshatriyas...to eat meat including beef and to slaughter the enemies. We forgot our ways and became pacifists like the Jainis and look what happened...once we were magadh and then we became mughal fiefs. You do not know your own history IF you are even close to being a Bhumihar. We are the only Brahmins allowed to consume meat of all sorts, own lands under royal decree and shed blood..Bhargav willed it so.

I don have a penchant for Beaf eating, as i do believe in my belief. But my belief shouldnt come in the way of others eating or practise.
If many think, Muslims are the only ones, savouring beaf, they are wrong. Lots of Hindus eat beaf. I was introduced to beaf by a Brahmin friend.
And in Kerala, when i ordered Mutton biryani, they gave me beaf biryani instead. :taz:
If we go to any non veg hotels, its a lot of Brahmins and Hindus enjoying the beafs.
So Hindus themselves must be organised and speak in one voice before we speak of any ban.

Its not wrong to consider cow as a mother or a God. Its their wish.
However they shouldnt force their ideology on others.

I am not for a carpet ban on cow slaughter, but what I want is a ban on public slaughter. Slaughtering should be limited to slaughter houses, not on public roads.

Just like I wouldn't want pigs top be slaughtered next to a mosque/muslim localities, similarly I don't want any cow slaughtering in public roads and spaces.

All slaughtering should be regulated and should be done inside the slaughtering house.

This is a secular country, not a Hindu country. You can go cry a river, but truth remains that beef is a cheaply available can feed many hungry stomachs.

if u don't like eating beef, don't eat it. u don't have to force ur rules on others.

Am still tryna figure out if we Bhumihars are Brahmins are not. :cheesy:

You sound familiar, did you have another ID here by the name Patanjali?

Nah man, we are Brahmins...but we were also commanded by Parashuram to take up arms..we obeyed and took up arms to fill the void of the Kshatriya sanghar of the Bhargava...we are part of the Kanyakubja Brahmins..it was even officially ratified...

"Saryupari Sanadhyascha Bhumiharo Jijhoutayah
Prakritashcha Iti Panchabhedastasya Prakartitah"

But they do man . I have been in many arguments over it and it ends with me insulting their beliefs . Believe in anything but don't shove it down the throats of other . This law is in that regard . Sad to see , this decision being seen by many fellow compatriots as communal when it is just logical .

Yes. As Roybot pointed out in post 72, there shouldnt be a public slaughter of cows. We are a democracy, and some people might get offended for it.
Get permission, do it in slaughter houses.

We were invaded since we don't take our religion seriously enough and due to that we were never bound as unified force on the basis of religion.If you are religious enough then it binds you strongly together .Don't you remember 65 war ,when Pakistan was supported by all muslim brotherhood countries ??

The reason for most problems like underdevelopment in India (actually in all if South Asia) are religious retards like you.

It does not matter to which religion you belong to, anyone putting religion before country belongs to the same scum.

Grow up, this is the 21st century.

People killing each other because of their religious beliefs? How pitiful and ridiculous.

Then you are a Saryupareen, Sanadhya, Jujhautiya or Prakrit Kanaujia with similar sirname to a Bhumihar. By the decree of old when the Kshatriya race was wiped out for the 21st time by Bhargava Shri we were given the lands and the mandate to bare arms in place of the Kshatriyas...to eat meat including beef and to slaughter the enemies. We forgot our ways and became pacifists like the Jainis and look what happened...once we were magadh and then we became mughal fiefs. You do not know your own history IF you are even close to being a Bhumihar. We are the only Brahmins allowed to consume meat of all sorts, own lands under royal decree and shed blood..Bhargav willed it so.

Our story is completely opposite, we gave away/sacrificed our lands :hitwall: and hence we are called tyagis.

I am not for a carpet ban on cow slaughter, but what I want is a ban on public slaughter. Slaughtering should be limited to slaughter houses, not on public roads.

Just like I wouldn't want pigs top be slaughtered next to a mosque/muslim localities, similarly I don't want any cow slaughtering in public roads and spaces.

All slaughtering should be regulated and should be done inside the slaughtering house.

Extremely agree with U. We are a democracy with a voice for all kind of people. Yes, Public slaughter should be banned.
It should be done only in slaughter houses and not anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom