What's new

Sialkot Murders

I don;t understand could you clarify the post please ?
Basically, its saying how these people involved in the lynching mob and the police who did nothing should be fed to dogs, and how could they do this in the holy month Ramadan. It also says how Islam tells us that if you see a wrong, you should try to stop it, or at least speak up. It also says how even Allah won't forgive them for this crime. This should give the gist of it.

thanx for translation sir well sir i cannot sleep after hearing it what type of people we are and what type of MUSLIM"S we are hope ALLAH not punish those who is not responsible in this act and must give them more than hell like a punishment which we can't even think of it i dont like to say it but killing a HAFIZ UL QURAN whom ALLAH given 100 persent Surity place in paradise killing him with such brutality and than they just not left him they have naked him this is shirqno true MUSLIM can do this to even biggest siner of the world OH MY ALLAH forgive us we alllbeg you to forgive our sins and give those people heel like punishment

They are shaheed and always been remembered

I just saw the video footage.. and I was crying. Why would someone kill those cute boys. :cry: Thats so sad. :cry:

I think a lot of people are reacting to this in a typical manner just like I did the very first day I watched this video. But after reflecting on this incident properly I came to a conclusion that although we have this side of the coin where we have people like these. But we also have millions of others who are completely opposite to these people. Even today as our country is suffering its worst disaster, there are thousands if not millions of people who are doing there best to help others, be it in monetary terms, or physical help. So, thankfully this incident alone doesn't portray the whole picture of our society. But it does point out the flaws in our system which can potentially tear apart the very fabric of our society.

The main culprit and problem is the police in my opinion who are responsible for this barbaric act. At this critical time when we are in the middle of a dirty war we should have a police that we can trust, not a police that is mob like the 'Talibs'. Over the years we as a nation have worked hard for democracy, a free judiciary and media. Now we should work next to reform our police system. If our police becomes credible, even the feudal lords will have to mend their ways.

On this incident however, am shocked. I wasn't able to sleep properly, the sick images even haunt me now. I hope justice is delivered swiftly and Im hopeful it will be delivered. I remember last time SC took notice of that sick police officer who raped a 5 year old girl, justice was done in the form of death sentence. Insha Allah these people will also be punished accordingly.

Honestly I have never felt so bad about this country before.I have lost all the expectations about this country and i am no longer optimistic.If this is the attitude of common people no wonder we get shitty leaders.Taking Justice in your own hand is absolutely wrong.

It's horrible, inhuman and a very shameless act. Bcz there were Police and many other civilians who were just watching and didn't try to stop this brutal massacre of two innocent teenagers. The guys who were taking video were laughing at them....Is this what our Islam says or teach us? why are we going so far from the civilization? We as a nation (if we feel ourselves as a nation) have to condemn this act and bring justice to this family. For me we must hung up all the Policemens and charge all the people who were present there acting as audience for murder of two innocent teenagers.

If Sialkot people's want to improve their image they must mobilize themselves and avoid any such brutal acts in the future.

A clear message to the Police force which is always incapabale and mostly involve in these criminal activities besides many honest officers who want to serve this country and if we didn't impose the law and order in Pakistan more brutal acts could be done bcz people are literally going out of there mind....they are always angry, for this they surpass their limits and take justice in their hands. Our leaders, politicians have to think seriously about all this and try to improve overall situation of Pakistani nation which is really hopeless and helpless in this period.

Every Pakistani i ashamed by this barbaric act. No words just pain in my heart for the family.

Scores of people brutally beat to death two young brothers, Hafiz Mughees, 15, and Hafiz Muneeb, 19, while senior police officials in Sialkot, Pakistan, stood by and watched silently. Their limp bodies were later hanged in a public square.

Like in prior lynchings in other parts of the country, there have been usual expressions of horror and statements of sympathy for the victims in this most recent crime. Even the the chief justice of the supreme court of Pakistan has taken suo moto actions as he has many times in the past.

Such cases of public brutality, lawlessness and police misconduct are all too common in Pakistan. And the usual condemnations followed by no serious action on the badly needed police reform ensure that murders of innocent people and growing lawlessness continue unabated.

"The Contours of Police Integrity" by Carl Klockars, et al, talks about the lack of professionalism among Pakistani police officials as follows:

"The causes of police misconduct in Pakistani society are deeply embedded in the country's socioeconomic and political structure. To begin with, the society is highly tolerant of corruption in general, as indicated by Transparency International....A police officer is expected to posses a high degree of intelligence and the interpersonal skills required to exercise in enforcing the law. However, the level required of the constables, who (together with head constables) comprise 89% of the police force (Chaudhry, 1997, p. 101), is matriculation or even less. Such educational requirements have created a situation in which the majority of the police force have a low level of education. The education of a typical constable can not support the the demands of the job; the constable is therefore someone who is trained to serve as a mechanical functionary obeying the orders of those more senior rather than an officer using personal judgment to solve policing issues....Both police officers' importance as members of government apparatus and their influence as a result of their estimated illegal income make policing such an attractive profession that people are willing to pay any price to get their dear ones positions in the police force. Politicians attach such importance to police service that even the members of National Assembly get their close relatives (such as sons and brothers) inducted into the police service as deputy superintendent of police-by direct notification of the prime minister and without any exam or procedure."

In what Newsweek recently called "transfer industry" in South Asia, the bribe-rich police precincts ( called thanas) in Pakistan are "sold" to the highest bidder to become the station house officer (SHO or thanedar), who then has a "license" to recoup what the appointee paid and make additional "profit" for himself and his superiors. Such appointments encourage continuing massive corruption and incompetence in the police departments.

The fact is that a large number of police officers are recruited because of their political connections rather than their competence. It is hard to expect such a police force to be either professional or competent, as has been demonstrated time and again in a recent spate of violence, including political assassinations such as Benazir Bhutto's.

Ironically, the first serious police reform effort since independence was launched during the Musharraf years in Pakistan. It was praised by G.P Joshi of Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative in the following words:

While being ironic, it was also an encouraging step forward in the history of policing when the “democratic” government of Pakistan drafted the Police Ordinance in 2001 to repeal the archaic Police Act of 1861, thus stealing a march over other democratic regimes in the region in attempting to change a deeply entrenched police system.

Even after independence, countries in the South Asian region have been unable to rid themselves of past colonial legacies, which is much reflected in their outdated Police Acts. Sporadic attempts to catalyze a change in the system have met stiff resistance. In India, recommendations made by the National Police Commission (NPC) set up in 1977 to insulate the police from outside illegitimate control fell on deaf ears. These included establishment of State Security Commission; abolition of the system of dual control at the district level; selection of the head of the state police force on the recommendations of a committee; giving him/her a fixed minimum secure tenure and transfers to be done according to rules by prescribed authorities.

As per its Preamble, the draft Pakistan Police Ordinance 2001 is aimed at organizing a police system, which is “independently controlled, politically neutral, non-authoritarian, people friendly and professionally efficient.” Even though the text of the 2001 Ordinance has been significantly altered since then, first by the Police Order of 2002 and then by the Police Order (Amendment) Ordinance of 2004, the initiative still retains a fairly good blueprint for police reforms. It is as of now referred to as the Police Order 2002.

The police reforms initiated by Musharraf were applauded, even embraced briefly by Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif until it caught the eye of the Musharraf critics. The draft of Pakistan Police Ordinance 2001 was aimed at organizing a police system, which is “independently controlled, politically neutral, non-authoritarian, people friendly and professionally efficient.” Even though the text of the 2001 Ordinance has been significantly altered since then, first by the Police Order of 2002 and then by the Police Order (Amendment) Ordinance of 2004, the initiative still retains a fairly good blueprint for police reforms. It is as of now referred to as the Police Order 2002. Unfortunately, there has been no progress on it in the last few years.

If Pakistan's chief justice and other officials are serious about establishing rule of law in the country, it is absolutely essential for them to ensure serious police reforms to build a professional police force that enforces laws without fear or favor.

Haq's Musings: Lynchings in Sialkot Reinforce Need For Police Reform

Murder will out

A judicial executioner, someone whose job description in simple terms requires him to kill, covers his face when he carries out a death sentence. The reasons for this vary from law to law, but one thing is for certain, no executioner would probably want his face displayed each time he drops the rope. I am not sure however, if this sentiment applies to the angry Pakistani mobs who have boldly taken to the streets to burn, beat and kill anyone who may have allegedly done something wrong. Hiding faces or identities is not even necessary here where even the men in uniform have been clearly caught on camera amidst these barbaric mobs.

Without sounding clichéd, I feel the desperate need to reiterate that there is something terribly wrong with our society as a whole. What happened last Sunday in Sialkot was not an isolated event. We have watched police and public alike beat people up in the name of crime, blasphemy, feuds and personal vengeances. Starved for entertainment, we record videos of people being beaten to death. Insensitive of emotions, we gaze at the camera and then turn our eyes back to the spectacle at hand – the murders in the process. Ignorant of the law, we feel invincible as we pass on the sticks and stones – accessory to murder. Oblivious of our crime, we dust our hands and go back home – pass on the story while we walk around the area. Not bogged down by the weight of what we witnessed, we fall asleep – peacefully.

Educated or not, exposed or not, well-aware or not – there can’t be anyone in Pakistan today who feels that public lynching and communal murders can be justified in any way – granted we are a selfish nation, but the floods and terrorism have already taken away thousands of our fellow citizens, do we really want to allow barbarians to take down a couple more?

Those boys deserved a judicial case and then appropriate punishment if any of the initial claims against them committing robbery were true. The bandits burnt to death in Karachi’s Lyari area deserved time in court and then in jail too. The Hindu boy beaten to death in a Korangi factory deserved the same and so did the two Christian brothers publicly tortured to death in Sialkot. What superiority complex do we as a society have that we feel it is okay for us to pass out and then carry out death sentences ourselves? How are we wired any differently than other nations where we watch such things happen and still have the will to go on strong the next day?

I do not believe in generalisation and I do not believe that each member of the police force is a cold-blooded, ethic-lacking, duty-abandoning façade of an official. However, that being said, I still can’t salute the force which accommodates men who watch murders take place in broad daylight without taking any action. Unfortunately, the only time I hear myself or someone else praising and lauding the police is when some officials sacrifice their lives while protecting the public. Should we only respect officials after they’ve given their lives – nothing short of that matters? Once again – something very wrong with our wiring.

The Chief Justice has taken notice and the leaders have promised action. Do you believe them? I don’t. But does that mean I will pick up my weapon of choice and march on to launch a massacre – most definitely not. If we had faith in the police and the judiciary, perhaps things would not be as bleak as they are today. Perhaps channelling our collective thoughts into fixing these institutions of our society might be a better idea than sitting home with a heavy heart and empty mind.

Yes such incidents embarrass us as a nation and appal us and cause people like you to make posters and protest, while people like me type an angry note and people like Rehman Malik make false promises. I know my services to this society do not end after I am done writing this and your part does not end after you are done reading this either – so what do we do next?

Mob mentality built and feed by Nawaz govt and approved by Law minister. He admitted yesterday interview with Ifikhar Hussain. To much crime in society and now punjab police is using mob to control crime.

SIALKOT: A joint investigative body, formed by Punjab Government, has commenced probe into murder of two brothers in Sialkot but their parent have voiced grave concerns over its impartiality, Geo News reported Monday.

The probe committee, headed by Additional IG Mushtaq Sukhera, met with parent of deceased Sialkot brothers here on Monday to record their viewpoint on murder case.

Subsequently, the head of investigation committee told Geo News no grace and leniency would be extended to anyone among involved suspects in case.

Head of committee said even if the suspended DPO of Sialkot Wiqar Chauhan was found guilty, he will be sent behind bars.

Parent of deceased brothers expressed dissatisfaction over Punjab governments probe body but were fully confident over impartiality of Judicial Inquiry Team of Supreme Court of Pakistan.

They said they will extend cooperation with SC’s Judicial Inquiry Team.

Mob mentality built and feed by Nawaz govt and approved by Law minister. He admitted yesterday interview with Ifikhar Hussain. To much crime in society and now punjab police is using mob to control crime.

huh???wat do u mean

Back
Top Bottom