What's new

Siachin avalanche- One soldier found alive

Thank God. .. for this miracle survival. .. PM Modi had visited the hospital he is admitted to take stock of the situation.

NaMo meeting with the surviving soldier :tup:
12717768_949871935048949_3325894951077000756_n.jpg

12661917_949871985048944_1563081864499976108_n.jpg
12718180_949871938382282_1537241815739536813_n.jpg
12661811_949871928382283_7933452947645633065_n.jpg

After Siachen Miracle Rescue, Soldier Now In Coma.

Highlights
  1. Soldier rescued from Siachen after being under ice for 6 days is in coma
  2. Lance Naik Koppad is on ventilator support at the army hospital in Delhi
  3. Wall of ice 'as thick and hard as concrete' had fallen on 10 soldiers
The soldier whose rescue nearly a week after a deadly avalanche at the world's highest battlefield Siachen has been described as a miracle, is in coma and has been placed on ventilator support at a hospital in Delhi.

For six days, Lance Naik Hanamanthappa Koppad was buried under 25 feet of ice in temperatures close to minus 40 degrees.

Late last night, a rescue team found him in an "arctic tent" or a fibre-reinforced hut that was buried deep in ice. He was unconscious with a faint pulse. He was put on a rescue chopper that took off from the highest helipad on earth on the Saltoro ridge of Siachen.

avalanche_650x400_51454998919.jpg

The jawan was trapped since February 3, when a wall of ice a kilometer wide and 800 metres high came crashing down on his army post, killing nine of his colleagues.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who visited him at the Army Research and Referral hospital in Delhi, tweeted: "No words are enough to describe the endurance & indomitable spirit of Lance Naik Hanumanthappa. He is an outstanding soldier."

mid_650x400_71454998945.jpg

Finding the soldier was "nothing short of a miracle", Lieutenant General SK Patyal told NDTV. "A wall of snow as thick and hard as concrete had fallen on them. The operation was extremely difficult," he said. The rescue team could not work more than 30 minutes at a time.

siachen-avalanche-rescue_650x400_81455018070.jpg

Five bodies have also been found after some 300 sorties and an intense search at a height of nearly 20,000 feet, where it is difficult to breathe, let alone dig.

dog-avalanche_650x400_41454998961.jpg

The rescue, involving heavy equipment that had to be assembled at the top, and dogs, became particularly challenging because the snow had turned into hard chunks of ice. In temperatures between minus 40 and 25 degrees, rescue teams had to battle frequent blizzards and work through low visibility.

After Siachen Miracle Rescue, Soldier Now In Coma. India Holds Its Breath

Get well soon brave soldier! Our prayers are with you!

CaxD8ZUVIAA_lo5.jpg

CaxD8ZcUsAAQhU3.jpg

Please keep this valiant warrior in your prayers and thoughts. Thank you kindly.

Oh this is not good!

:(

Whatever it takes we need that soldier alive .
GoI should take maximum effort .This is about nation's prestige.
Entire nation is praying for him.

The problem is, in comatose it is impossible to predict what is going on. Medicine has no miracle for this situation despite all our technological advances.

If he was conscious with stable BP, they could have attempted organ transplants for liver and kidneys.

I really pray that he opens his eyes again so that doctors can start operating on him or at least revive his organs through medication.

Please pray.

Oh this is not good!

:(

The problem is, in comatose it is impossible to predict what is going on. Medicine has no miracle for this situation despite all our technological advances.

If he was conscious with stable BP, they could have attempted organ transplants for liver and kidneys.

I really pray that he opens his eyes again so that doctors can start operating on him or at least revive his organs through medication.

Please pray.

May God help him .
Entire nation is praying for him.

We have lost 9 precious soldiers. This is extremely terrible.

Most of my family serves in the military and all soldiers of my brothers' units are like our family. I can imagine the pain Hanumanthappa's family might be going through praying with every bit of their devotion. :(

This also serves as an important warning as to developing better systems to deal with disasters like avalanches, desert storms, sea storms (for our MARCOs, CISF and navy sailors), jungle-related disasters (CRPF units) etc.

True that DRDO is doing amazing research on such technology.

But there should be some mechanism to detect troops buried under snow and showing signs of life.

We really need to make more effective technology for detection.

The maximum recorded survival is after 96 hours. Body goes into suspended animation and is neither alive nor dead. As rewarming occurs arrhythmia develops. The process of defreezing the body and increasing its core temperatures to normal in order to bring back a person from the edge is delicate, difficult and dangerous. R & R has the reputation of having need of only a beating heart to revive a person, not 100% but one of the best rates anywhere in the world. Let's hope they have the divine help needed now also.

As we so nostalgically recall, those who know of that I speak

"Quartered In snow, silent to remain. When the bugle calls, they shall rise and march again!"

RIP the brave soldiers, you have honored us by becoming the eternal soldier guarding us. We are indebted and forever grateful for your everlasting vigil .......!

@Jungibaaz saw your post ...... I think that statement above holds for soldiers on either side. Without nationality I salute the soldier of both nations there. They are there for us, their fellow countrymen and women, selfless and brave.

Its not how hard you can hit.....its how hard you can GET HIT and KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

THATS HOW WINNING IS DONE!

Rocky would be proud!

This mofo was a tough one....we got some real genuine tough guys out there folks!

Considering that Jawan is from Karnataka, tropical south, surviving so many days is sheer will power. The Thambis are really proving their worth is worst of conditions.

Back
Top Bottom