What's new

Siachen avalanche: Pakistan welcomes India's offer

Where were you when these humans were sitting in Kargil post at top and sending our soldier in coffins .....at War post ...humanity is called dumb act....
and is this war time or peace time, yesterday only their President had a private visit and had a good meal with our PM.

the real rescue is being done by pakistanis only, americans are sitting in islamabad and chilling

All the more reason to have said no, if true.

Obviously, all considerations would have led to the acceptance of US assistance because it was needed to improve the chances of survival for the troops in the gravest danger.

All the more reason to have said no, if true.

Obviously, all considerations would have led to the acceptance of US assistance because it was needed to improve the chances of survival for the troops in the gravest danger.

dude are u american or pakistani???

and is this war time or peace time, yesterday only their President had a private visit and had a good meal with our PM.

Ok tell me what happen after Bajpeyi peace bus yatra to Pakistan....Kargil war...you guys are emotional fools

Ok tell me what happen after Bajpeyi peace bus yatra to Pakistan....Kargil war...you guys are emotional fools

so what should we do huh??? bomb paksitan ???? declare them our immortal enemies??? insult them?? something has to be done to ensure peace..........but ofcourse the major work is in the hands of the pakistani's.............they have to make thier civilian govt. stronger....................if u remember then it was the army that ordered the invasion of kargil and not the govt........

so what should we do huh??? bomb paksitan ???? declare them our immortal enemies??? insult them?? something has to be done to ensure peace..........but ofcourse the major work is in the hands of the pakistani's.............they have to make thier civilian govt. stronger....................if u remember then it was the army that ordered the invasion of kargil and not the govt........

Buddy..we are not talking about normal Pakistani citizen...if they were in this situation ...I agree we should help them.....but we are talking about enemy soldiers who are sitting in their post to kill you .....not for piece..

At Siachen...it is always like war kind of situation...one has to be always alert to enemy's move.....you can not ask same soldier to rescue enemy....you should pray for more avalanche for enemy...

Well said - but its important to Cheng that its the USA mentioned - even though other nations are present like Switzerland.
To Cheng its important to play petty politics and for us to bow to his masters - the thought of the soldiers and whats the best for them is an after thought. Shameful behavior.

Might be, but what if US has some good experience dealing with the situation and Pakistan can consult with them for future preparatory measures?

USA has extensive knowledge about Mountains Ice and snow ( Alaska ) just like swiss and Russia ( Siberia )

Buddy..we are not talking about normal Pakistani citizen...if they were in this situation ...I agree we should help them.....but we are talking about enemy soldiers who are sitting in their post to kill you .....not for piece..

At Siachen...it is always like war kind of situation...one has to be always alert to enemy's move.....you can not ask same soldier to rescue enemy....you should pray for more avalanche for enemy...

If both the 2 countries can develope trust then there will be no siachen issue..........gestures like these are the way forward

Oh poor soldiers are suffering. This is very Dangerous area.Average 100 people die in one year from Pakistan and 130 people from India.
I can't believe they are protecting us even in -60C which is unbearable.
I hope they are safe.
Pak soldiers are there for a reason as India captured area in 1984.
Anyway it is peace time.
East and West Germany were worst enemy in the history, now how they are united.

I can imagine that how difficult is the rescue operation.
We should use Best machinery from the world to save those poor soldiers.

I hope their children and families with listen good news and they should be safe

i think pakistan should accept positions and both countries should go down..

Oh poor soldiers are suffering. This is very Dangerous area.Average 100 people die in one year from Pakistan and 130 people from India.
I hope they are safe.
Anyway it is peace time.

we dint loose a single soldier in siachin from last 8 yrs..

At Siachen... its not always against the enemy but its always against the Nature, do you know that IA personal is not supposed to work there continueously not more than 3 moths and working more than 3 moths at that hight seeing only white show where ever you turn and the high UV ration has both phycological and physical problems. The UV radiations are so powerfull that an army personal after prolonged working at Siachen will not be able to recognize his wife and children/

Its in the best interest of both the nations to with draw from that hight and operate unmaned gun post or some thing like that.

I hope they are safe.
Anyway it is peace time.

wrong info :tdown:

At Siachen... its not always against the enemy but its always against the Nature, do you know that IA personal is not supposed to work there continueously not more than 3 moths and working more than 3 moths at that hight seeing only white show where ever you turn and the high UV ration has both phycological and physical problems. The UV radiations are so powerfull that an army personal after prolonged working at Siachen will not be able to recognize his wife and children/

Its in the best interest of both the nations to with draw from that hight and operate unmaned gun post or some thing like that.

A simple question Ashok....Who will be responsible in case of a misadventure? Who is ready to take the responsibility? Any general? Minister ? Actually no one would like to be caught with pants down...Whether its Pak or India.

I hope they are safe.
Anyway it is peace time.

I hope their children and families with listen good news and they should be safe

I'm yet to see a report that says Indian soldiers have suffered loss of life since the past 8 years in Siachen. I think the only incident that comes to mind is that of a fire in which 2 soldiers died.

We have taken a lot of steps to reduce our casualty count in Siachen and thankfully, our efforts have borne fruit.

wrong info :tdown:
he deadly avalanche that struck the battalion headquarters of the Northern Light Infantry (NLI) on the Siachen Glacier has brought to light the human and economic costs of sustaining the two-decade-long bloody conflict over the possession of the geographically remote and climatically inhospitable area, which has claimed the lives of over 8,000 Indian and Pakistani soldiers between April 1984 and April 2012.

The Saturday's avalanche at the highest and costliest battlefield in the world buried alive at least 125 people, most of them Pakistani soldiers from the Northern Light Infantry. Although, rescue efforts are underway at the tragedy site to find signs of life in the deep snow, the rescuers have yet to find a single body or survivor in the remote area even 48 hours after the disaster.

The catastrophe has once again highlighted the risks of deploying troops to one of the most unfriendly places on earth, reminding decision-makers on both sides of the Indo-Pak border that the longest-running armed conflict between two regular armies in the Twentieth Century continues to bleed Pakistan and India dry for almost three decades now.

The Siachen dispute has resulted in thousands of casualties from both sides, mainly because of adverse climatic conditions and harsh terrain. This is despite the fact that leaders in Islamabad and New Delhi keep acknowledging the human and economic costs of the conflict. According to careful estimates by defence analysts, Pakistan spends approximately Rs15 million a day to maintain three battalions at the Siachen Glacier, which makes Rs450 million a month and Rs5.4 billion a year. On the other hand, the deployment of seven battalions at the Glacier costs India Rs50 million a day, Rs1.5 billion a month and Rs30 billion a year.

On an average, defence experts say, one Pakistani soldier is killed every third day on the Siachen Glacier, showing approximately 100 casualties every year on an average. Similarly, one Indian soldier is killed every other day on the Siachen Glacier, at an annual average of 180 casualties. According to unofficial figures, over 3,000 Pakistani soldiers have lost their lives on the bloody Siachen Glacier between April 1984 and April 2012 as against over 5,000 Indian casualties. At present, there are approximately 7,000 Indian Army troops and about 4,000 Pakistani troops stationed at the Siachen Glacier.

Over 8,000 Indo-Pak soldiers killed in Siachen - thenews.com.pk
:angry::angry:

Back
Top Bottom