What's new

Shourya hypersonic missile launch successful

It may also happen with Subsonic and supersonic Missiles also.
Which lead us back to the issue of avionics sophistication and why the US prefers subsonic velocity: More time to compensate and less physical strains on the aircraft during maneuvers.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

In that case what will be the speed you think and kinda maneuverability required? I think its high.
That I do not know. I can speculate based on general principles, but that kind of details will not be in the public domain.

Which lead us back to the issue of avionics sophistication and why the US prefers subsonic velocity: More time to compensate and less physical strains on the aircraft during maneuvers.

But subsonic missiles are more possible to be shot down by the interceptor missiles.

But subsonic missiles are more prone to be shot down by the interceptor missiles.
Not many US subsonic cruise missiles were shot down. The word 'prone' is loaded because it implies consistency. The better words are 'odds' or 'possible'.

The problem here is that the attacker does not know the position of the moving target. Try to imagine the ship moving laterally from the missile's perspective. During flight, the missile may not have target position updates and therefore cannot adjust its course to compensate. But if we imagine the ship moving 'away' or 'approach' then the ship will remain within the missile's radar view by the time it reaches the area. That is the unknown.

Modern seekers are wide angle and have long range so if in 8 minutes the ship cannot move more ~ 3.5 nautical miles(considering speed 25 knots) literally, along Y-axis, it should not be a problem for the seeker.

Another thing to note is, if the ship moves literally its RCS will be maximum, so the missile's seeker can track it from longer ranges.

And thats why (subsonic missile) you missed Osama bin laden and the rest is history !!! That subsonic missile cost US more than half a trillion of war costs and sundry.

Modern seekers are wide angle and have long range so if in 8 minutes the ship cannot move more ~ 3.5 nautical miles(considering speed 25 knots) literally, along Y-axis, it should not be a problem.
Scan angles are more limited by physical radome dimensions. The sharper the cone, the more recessed the antenna will be and the less its scan angle. That is why a rounded or ogival radome is preferred. Either shapes offers the best compromises between aerodynamics and EM radiation pattern.

Another thing to note is if the ship moves literally its RCS will be maximum, so the missile's seeker can track on it from longer ranges.
True. Target position translation in the X axis will present the greatest RCS return.

x-y-z_coords.gif

And thats why (subsonic missile) you missed Osama bin laden and the rest is history !!! That subsonic missile cost US more than half a trillion of war costs and sundry.

I don't think so
Wat OBL has to do with subsonic or hypersonic missile( or vice versa). and he has been butchered many months ago

I don't think so
Wat OBL has to do with subsonic or hypersonic missile. and he has been butchered many months ago

I do think so.

President clinton ordered tomhawks on osama in Afghanistan but by the time the missile traveled all that distance osama moved away from that location..........................................remember.....................

You mean none of the missile on board Aegis ship will be operable if Radar arrays are destroyed???

Secondly If the ship can move and reaches back to its owner country after the radar being crippled( with little structural damage), then the ship can be repaired but if it is sunk then making whole new ship will be more troublesome process.
So in my view It is necessary to sink the ship:D

ships arent repaired with scotch tape or super glue..its not as easy as you are making it.

Scan angles are more limited by physical radome dimensions. The sharper the cone, the more recessed the antenna will be and the less its scan angle. That is why a rounded or ogival radome is preferred. Either shapes offers the best compromises between aerodynamics and EM radiation pattern.
True. that is another possible advantage of Shaurya because it also has a large nosecone with relatively rounded shape to carry the seeker. It is even possible to add the modified one from PAD.

http://www.indiastrategic.in/image/shaurya_missile.jpg
True. Target position translation in the X axis will present the greatest RCS return.

:) Adv.

True. that is another possible advantage of Shaurya because it also has a large nosecone with relatively rounded shape to carry the seeker. It is even possible to add the modified one from PAD.

http://www.indiastrategic.in/image/shaurya_missile.jpg

:) Adv.

shurya rounded nose cone has more to do with.aerodynamics.blunt rounded tip pushes away the shockwave further so that the missiles body doesnt get chopped off by superheated gases.

First of all do u have any idea of ships hw many ships are there in pak tell me,i think may be 50

shurya rounded nose cone has more to do with.aerodynamics.blunt rounded tip pushes away the shockwave further so that the missiles body doesnt get chopped off by superheated gases.

In case of Shaurya that may be of dual use( Dual advantage I must say)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom