What's new

Should we attack ISIS in Iraq ?

Should we attack ISIS in Iraq ?

• Total voters
Turkey has borders with IS, why didn't they attack us? They even made public statements they should keep Turkey as friend. This doesn't mean we support them but it means they don't see us as enemies. That is why I think Turkey won't get involved. US won't do anything to solve the problem. If you add one and one the answer is clear. IS will focus on Baghdad and then Tehran. They actually said Tehran is their goal. I posted it a while ago. They might be succesful or not but I'm just saying what they are saying. I think the proxy game Iran has been playing is backfiring. Iran should have followed Swiss model.
Atatwolf did you miss the part where Isis said they will punish the ''apostate state of Turkey and liberate Istanbul''? :what:

The fighting has came pretty close to our borders, not really close but a few weeks or months and they will be almost face to face with our border guard/soldiers.

Is it time for us to carry out air raids, pound them with artillery ? Or just wait for them to near our borders slowly ?

What is the best strategy for Iranian military to counter these ISIS subhumans ?

Throw everything you have on these savages,sooner or later they are gonna attack you,so why not just bomb them today

Iran is the last neighboring country of Iraq which IS can penetrate and attack. They have no support base in Iran, unlike in other neighboring countries. Absolute majority of Iranians are either Shias, non believers or Sunnis who have nothing to do with extremists. Chances of IS penetrating Turkey is higher than those of Iran. We have the means to toast them alive if they attack us directly.

Israel or U.S have no say in this. As I said, the only reason we don't send any forces is that they haven't attacked us directly and we don't want to get in to a sectarian fight. Also Iran entering the conflict directly can have negative effect on Iraqi Sunnis since they may sympathize with IS.

To put it bluntly, ISIS has no chance of penetrating either of these two Regional Powers. Any attempt to penetrate Turkey would invite their own slaughter, Turkey has by far the most disciplined conventional fighting force in Middle East.

Throw everything you have on these savages,sooner or later they are gonna attack you,so why not just bomb them today

We have hot metal for them !

To put it bluntly, ISIS has no chance of penetrating either of these two Regional Powers. Any attempt to penetrate Turkey would invite their own slaughter, Turkey has by far the most disciplined conventional fighting force in Middle East.

IRGC is the only one can deal with these bastards !

I didn't mean they will successful against Turkey, my point is that still chances that they can successfully launch terrorist attacks against Turkey is more than Iran, however, still both chances are too low to be considered. One reason can be: IS has more than 1000 Turkish members, while it has less than five members from Iran (those who are publicized or according to estimates).

I didn't mean they will successful against Turkey, my point is that still chances that they can successfully launch terrorist attacks against Turkey is more than Iran, however, still both chances are too low to be considered. One reason can be: IS has more than 1000 Turkish members, while it has less than five members from Iran (those who are publicized or according to estimates).

:lol:
Seriously? do you want me to mention Iranians who even did suicide bombing in favor of IS? I think we even already talked about one of them who was a talysh from Gilan province.
BTW, Do you want to tell me that IS has no supports in Baluchistan or Hormozgan or South of Fars or Khuzistan or among sunni kurds? Even Talysh people who are the most moderate sunnis of Iran, have sent suicide bombers let alone others. :lol:
In contrast to your typical saving face, tell us why regime does not do any actions directly?
1) Iran has not much money left
2) Iran has not much military equipments, all of equipments are bunch of 60s, 70s craps
3) US would oppose it and may attack Iran.
4) No country would accept it, and the more sanctions will be the outcome
5) GCC would find a reason to more directly oppose Iran, in which Iran is incapable to retaliate them
@atatwolf

Hardly, Turks will make mince meat of them before they even cross into their land. Better Air to Ground options with them.
The danger of the ISIS is unconventional warfare, that should be clear by now. They can infiltrate Turkey with terrorist cells, not difficult since 10% of the Islamic State fighters are Turkish.

The danger of the ISIS is unconventional warfare, that should be clear by now. They can infiltrate Turkey with terrorist cells, not difficult since 10% of the Islamic State fighters are Turkish.
pkk had also thousands of members in Turkish cities, we are experienced in counter torrorism, be it in mountains or cities, the isis guys are even easier to detect with their long beards.

Yeah 10%? Source. And turkey has been fighting a guerilla war for decades against the PKK and their intelligence is very active. Plus the IS is not an army, its a militia that rolls around in a convoy of technicals which are easy pickings for them. Anyways point was IRGC isnt the only one that can cater to them, Turks are experienced enough to ruin IS's day as well.

if we intefere , our sunni brothers will kill themselves and they will send more than 1 million "brave sunni mujahid" to help ISIS against " devil shiia " and in other hand Arabs will send troops to support their "brave arab fighters" ...

leave them alone ... right now any direct action from us will strengthen ISIS and they will play victims ...

just wait for another 6 months ...

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom