What's new

Should we attack ISIS in Iraq ?

Should we attack ISIS in Iraq ?

• Total voters

IR1907

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
The fighting has came pretty close to our borders, not really close but a few weeks or months and they will be almost face to face with our border guard/soldiers.

Is it time for us to carry out air raids, pound them with artillery ? Or just wait for them to near our borders slowly ?

What is the best strategy for Iranian military to counter these ISIS subhumans ?

"We"? There is no "we".

US will only attack if their interest is threatened, in other words their embassy comes into danger. These airstrikes is to divert IS focus away from the North.

Turkey doesn't have political motivation to intervene and help the Kurds and Shia become stronger.

Kurds don't have interest in fighting for Shia in Iraq. They are only interested in defending their own territory. They have US to help them with that.

Iran is not in position to intervene in Iraq. US won't allow that. Iranian support will remain indirect. Sending Shia fighters. Wasting resources and money. US doesn't have problem with Iran wasting resources and money.

"We"? There is no "we".

US will only attack if their interest is threatened, in other words their embassy comes into danger. These airstrikes is to divert IS focus away from the North.

Turkey doesn't have political motivation to intervene and help the Kurds and Shia become stronger.

Iran is not in position to intervene in Iraq. US won't allow that.

''We'' meaning us Iranians, i asked for fellow Iranian members opinion, not from a Tork.

Not allow to intervene in Iraq ? LOL, Revolutionary Guard officers are already in Baghdad as i am typing this, kid.

Last edited:
''We'' meaning us Iranians, i asked for fellow Iranian members opinion, not from a Tork.

Not allow to intervene in Iraq ? LOL, Revolutionary Guard officers are already in Baghdad as i am typing this, kid.
Revolutionary guard in Iraq and Syria. Those can only give support since they are too small to achieve anything. You are also spending a lot of money. As I said earlier. US doesn't have problems with Iran wasting resources.

I'm afraid to say that only Iran has real insentive to destroy IS who are drinking Shia blood. I don't see US or Israeli deal since they are fine with the status quo.

By the way, why is Iran not conducting air strikes in Iraq? Just wondering. Probably because you don't have permission.

By the way, why is Iran not conducting air strikes in Iraq? Just wondering. Probably because you don't have permission.

Because such a decision must be decided with Baghdad government. It also must get approved by the highest ranking leaders. Current Iranian administration under president Rouhani is not in favour of such methods.

"We"? There is no "we".

Kurds don't have interest in fighting for Shia in Iraq. They are only interested in defending their own territory. They have US to help them with that.

Iran is not in position to intervene in Iraq. US won't allow that. Iranian support will remain indirect. Sending Shia fighters. Wasting resources and money. US doesn't have problem with Iran wasting resources and money.

So, Turkey doesn't have 'political motivation', but Iran is not 'allowed' to intervene? Really? Since when do we take orders from U.S?

The only reason we have not intervened is that they are not a direct threat to us yet and sending military forces can deteriorate the situation and drag us in to a sectarian war. If they attack our interests directly, then we will intervene directly and no one is in a position to tell us what to do or not.

Yes there is a 'we' indeed. Iranian drones are flying over Iraq right now and military advisers are in Baghdad as we speak, so if there is one country in ME who can easily decide to intervene if needed, it's Iran. We are not spending any resources. Sending military advisers and operating drones in real battlefield scenarios is not called wasting resources.

So, Turkey doesn't have 'political motivation', but Iran is not 'allowed' to intervene? Really? Since when do we take orders from U.S?

The only reason we have not intervened is that they are not a direct threat to us yet and sending military forces can deteriorate the situation and drag us in to a sectarian war. If they attack our interests directly, then we will intervene directly and no one is in a position to tell us what to do or not.

Yes there is a 'we' indeed. Iranian drones are flying over Iraq right now and military advisers are in Baghdad as we speak, so if there is one country in ME who can easily decide to intervene if needed, it's Iran. We are not spending any resources. Sending military advisers and operating drones in real battlefield scenarios is not called wasting resources.
You are sending revolutionary guards in Syria and Iraq. Spending your limited money and resources which you shouldn't be spending. Probably biggest reason why Iran isn't doing anything is because IS will be penetrating Iran if you start attacking them directly if they are not going to do it already anyhow. Also sooner or later IS will come on your doorstep since US won't do anything to solve the problem but to push IS into your direction. Organizing massive campaign into Iraq will be very costly for Iranian economy and also politically not possible. Israel and US won't allow expanding Iranian influence. They want to cut Iranian influence in Iraq and Syria. Puppets like Assad and Malaki are expired and have no word to say in most areas of their countries. Iran can have advisors in Baghdad but that doesn't mean anything.

^^^

I heard same things during Iraq's occupation !

Iran is next ! :lol:

You are dead :D

etc

You can't mess with big guys ... We are a big one ! :coffee:

& congratulations ... Added to my ignore list ! :)

Kiss & bye !

Last edited:
What is the best strategy for Iranian military to counter these ISIS subhumans ?

Iran should follow the current strategy it has implemented right now. Support the Iraqi Government, encourage the Iraqi Government to create an inclusive Government and on the side train/arm the Iraqi Army

As of now Iran does not face any threat what so ever from ISIS. ISIS knows that if it attacks Iran, its Caliphate will end right there and than. ISIS is a good light infantry force, infact very good i will give them that. There tactics and ferocity has been quite good, thats why they are able to fight so many enemies on so many fronts. But to challenge a disciplined fighting force would be equivalent to suicide for them, if they were to engage Iran they will suffer crushing blows.

I think as of now there is no need to carry out air raids in ISIS territory.It will create diplomatic complications for Iran & Americans will blame Iran for further escalating situation.Coordinating with Iraqi government is best option.
One thing is sure Iran is the only capable power in the region which can stop ISIS.

You are sending revolutionary guards in Syria and Iraq. Spending your limited money and resources which you shouldn't be spending. Probably biggest reason why Iran isn't doing anything is because IS will be penetrating Iran if you start attacking them directly if they are not going to do it already anyhow. Also sooner or later IS will come on your doorstep since US won't do anything to solve the problem but to push IS into your direction. Organizing massive campaign into Iraq will be very costly for Iranian economy and also politically not possible. Israel and US won't allow expanding Iranian influence. They want to cut Iranian influence in Iraq and Syria. Puppets like Assad and Malaki are expired and have no word to say in most areas of their countries. Iran can have advisors in Baghdad but that doesn't mean anything.

Iran is the last neighboring country of Iraq which IS can penetrate and attack. They have no support base in Iran, unlike in other neighboring countries. Absolute majority of Iranians are either Shias, non believers or Sunnis who have nothing to do with extremists. Chances of IS penetrating Turkey is higher than those of Iran. We have the means to toast them alive if they attack us directly.

Israel or U.S have no say in this. As I said, the only reason we don't send any forces is that they haven't attacked us directly and we don't want to get in to a sectarian fight. Also Iran entering the conflict directly can have negative effect on Iraqi Sunnis since they may sympathize with IS.

Iran is the last neighboring country of Iraq which IS can penetrate and attack. They have no support base in Iran, unlike in other neighboring countries. Absolute majority of Iranians are either Shias, non believers or Sunnis who have nothing to do with extremists. Chances of IS penetrating Turkey is higher than those of Iran. We have the means to toast them alive if they attack us directly.

Israel or U.S have no say in this. As I said, the only reason we don't send any forces is that they haven't attacked us directly and we don't want to get in to a sectarian fight. Also Iran entering the conflict directly can have negative effect on Iraqi Sunnis since they may sympathize with IS.
Turkey has borders with IS, why didn't they attack us? They even made public statements they should keep Turkey as friend. This doesn't mean we support them but it means they don't see us as enemies. That is why I think Turkey won't get involved. US won't do anything to solve the problem. If you add one and one the answer is clear. IS will focus on Baghdad and then Tehran. They actually said Tehran is their goal. I posted it a while ago. They might be succesful or not but I'm just saying what they are saying. I think the proxy game Iran has been playing is backfiring. Iran should have followed Swiss model.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom