What's new

Should Saudi Arabia buy an aircraft carrier?

They need to ask themselves first if they can swim? Egypt has two giant tugboat also, it hasn’t kept her from loosing control of the Sinai and the West of Egypt to ElQaida..
very non serious and uncalled for comment.
Saudis already operate state of the art surface vessels

So you do agree with me that they should buy an aircraft carrier right? What size do you think would be the best? A smaller one as I proposed or a regular sized one?

I am not saying the contrary, in the kind of equipment they have at hand, but all these are maintained by expat , not by Saudis and most of them manned by expat..You need to come to term with their limitations...If they were as efficient as you think, since you find my comment disgraceful , they should have made the Houthis an appetizer! That is not the case, Pal..that facts!

Pakistan would want to keep a favorable relationship with Iran I think. They don't know who would win right away so they might stay neutral.

So long as NATO is on-board (and they would be), Pakistan would know Iran is doomed to lose. In such a scenario, it's pretty unlikely Pakistan will refuse to help Saudi Arabia if such assistance is requested (because of the consequences such a rejection may bring, as well as the benefits an acceptation would bring).

without being detected as easily

That's not how this works.

They might have to project power in the future.

Unlikely.

For example they might need to support a country in a war that isn't actually near them

They can just send money/equipment in such a scenario, which is more than enough.

if they could project power like that would make them the superpower of the middle east with no doubt.

No, Israel will always occupy that position unless the US stops supporting them and the Arab countries acquire nuclear weapons.

1. aircraft carrier is no sitting duck. its own defense and support ships wont allow any boat or aircraft near it. Saudi scope to safeguard its sea route is no less than the Indians who do own a carrier.

2. Aircraft carrier is not for Israel. Saudis and Israelis are allies against Iran.

You don't need carriers for shipping safety destroyers can do that job very well. Frigates can also do that job very well.

In Arabian gulf carrier is a sitting duck because of land based missiles.

Saudis are not Israeli ally please stop defaming them.

Saudis don't need a carrier for Iran they can attack Iran from land based air strips.

Yes Saudis have all the right to get a carrier and I support the notion that Saudis should get one.

Saudis are not Israeli ally please stop defaming them.
Enemy of Enemy is my Friend & you need to align yourself with Israel if you want to make US happy.
Saudis don't need a carrier for Iran they can attack Iran from land based air strips.
They simply can't although technically they have capability but are they willing to face Iran retaliation??? Iran strength is missiles they don't need planes and you will end up closing the only route available for your oil export.
Yes Saudis have all the right to get a carrier and I support the notion that Saudis should get one.
They should first have proper forces. Importing soldier is not a solution & will not always work.
The worst thing that could ever happen in Modern Warfare was when
Slipper Wearing Militia Mans VS Soldiers with Modern Western MRAP

Enemy of Enemy is my Friend & you need to align yourself with Israel if you want to make US happy.

They simply can't although technically they have capability but are they willing to face Iran retaliation??? Iran strength is missiles they don't need planes and you will end up closing the only route available for your oil export.

They should first have proper forces. Importing soldier is not a solution & will not always work.
The worst thing that could ever happen in Modern Warfare was when
Slipper Wearing Militia Mans VS Soldiers with Modern Western MRAP

Iran is Saudis political enemy where as Israel is Saudis eternal enemy. So Iran and Saudis can also be friends based on enemy of my enemy theory. :)

Of course. A 100K tonnes carrier with 80 F-35 will make SA very powerful.

Bullshit. Houthi shore launched missiles have destroyed and crippled many sawdi/ UAE/ coalition vessels.

Repeatedly too!

Sawdi or any other gulfy outfit wouldn't last 5 minutes against Iran.

Iran is Saudis political enemy where as Israel is Saudis eternal enemy. So Iran and Saudis can also be friends based on enemy of my enemy theory. :)
Nothing is Permanent. Things have changed. Israel is a reality which that have accepted. Rest is up to you if you accept it now or wait till they officially shake hands.

Nothing is Permanent. Things have changed. Israel is a reality which that have accepted. Rest is up to you if you accept it now or wait till they officially shake hands.

Saudis are not shaking hands with Israel. I can see that from trump's recent tone. For Iran the bigger objective is not Saudis but Israel so there is much room for things to take shape and diplomacy between Iran and Saudis is also happening.

Bullshit. Houthi shore launched missiles have destroyed and crippled many sawdi/ UAE/ coalition vessels.

Repeatedly too!

Sawdi or any other gulfy outfit wouldn't last 5 minutes against Iran.
lol bro you do realise the only reason they are getting hit is because they don't have CIWS on them right? Any of those Houthi missiles could be lured away by chaff or effed up by the Phalanx CIWS or even the RAM.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom