What's new

Should Saudi Arabia buy an aircraft carrier?

Where would this carrier be based exactly? Red Sea? Persian Gulf? Gulf of Oman?

It's way too expensive and not suitable for KSA's needs.

You are very stupid my friend. Your jokes aren't even offending, learn new jokes instead of reusing 40 year old jokes you bum.
Sorry for my basic jokes, wasn't sure you were able to tell a "joke" from "KSA". woops, no one can.
Excuse my confusion, probably caused by the Arab incompetency and lack of positive contribution to science.

Sorry for my basic jokes, wasn't sure you were able to tell a "joke" from "KSA". woops, no one can.
Excuse my confusion, probably caused by the Arab incompetency and lack of positive contribution to science.
C'est raciste.

I'm saying for example lets say a friendly country is being attacked. Maybe they could move the carrier in range of the attacking country and bomb them with their F-35s and defend from enemies by using the group with the carrier.

If SA wants to help a friendly country who is being attacked it would help them more by sending weapons,equipment and money then F-35(which they don't have).You can't just go bombing around the world where you want and act like empire(when you are not one) even if you did have carriers and F-35s.

"Buy" mean is, Let us sponsor the vendor,

The right word is "Build" .

As long as you don't have that ability, it's unnecessary to talk .

If SA wants to help a friendly country who is being attacked it would help them more by sending weapons,equipment and money then F-35(which they don't have).You can't just go bombing around the world where you want and act like empire(when you are not one) even if you did have carriers and F-35s.
Is that not what the U.S. does?

Egypt bought two carriers and they don't move them around much. Albeit, I'm not sure if they have a group with them but still. Do you see anyone saying Egypt shouldn't have bought the helicopter carrier? It would be the same as the Saudis buying them as they have the dual function of using both helicopters and jets.

Yes that is what USA is doing but what you don't understand is that USA will not sell Saudis a carrier and Saudis will have to build one and to do so you need to have multiple industries established or then buy a chassis from Russia and develop that chassis like how China started.

Then you also need destroyer and battle fleet to protect that carrier.

Submarines are more potent and destructive compared to one aircraft carrier. Aircraft carriers are used for power projection, and or only deadly when they are accompanied by a strike group which even has multiple submarines guarding it. In my opinion, they can purchase 4-6 submarines for that amount.

You are trolling now right :undecided:?USA is a superpower,KSA isn't.
I know but It isn't a empire is it? There isn't such thing as an empire today. If the carrier group could go through the Suez Canal they could go on a world tour or even to the U.S. and European country with refueling occasionally. And you can attack who need be it as long as your in an alliance and your sure you wont be utterly destroyed by the enemy.

Yes that is what USA is doing but what you don't understand is that USA will not sell Saudis a carrier and Saudis will have to build one and to do so you need to have multiple industries established or then buy a chassis from Russia and develop that chassis like how China started.

Then you also need destroyer and battle fleet to protect that carrier.
Trump is hungry for arms purchases. I think they could reach an agreement with Israel if they did something like no basing the carrier near Israel. And besides Israel wouldn't care about them having a carrier most likely, which is the reason for denying middle eastern countries arms that Israel doesn't want them to have.

I know but It isn't a empire is it? There isn't such thing as an empire today. If the carrier group could go through the Suez Canal they could go on a world tour or even to the U.S. and European country with refueling occasionally. And you can attack who need be it as long as your in an alliance and your sure you wont be utterly destroyed by the enemy.

Trump is hungry for arms purchases. I think they could reach an agreement with Israel if they did something like no basing the carrier near Israel. And besides Israel wouldn't care about them having a carrier most likely, which is the reason for denying middle eastern countries arms that Israel doesn't want them to have.

Except for having an emperor they fit many criteria of an empire.So you wan't SA to spend billions so they can send carrier group on a world tour?Well in that case i fully agree with you it's a brilliant idea to be honest.

Except for having an emperor they fit many criteria of an empire.So you wan't SA to spend billions so they can send carrier group on a world tour?Well in that case i fully agree with you it's a brilliant idea to be honest.
I mean it would make them seem stronger than they really are, don't you think so? It should boost them on websites such as rating because of addition of aircraft carrier. :smitten:

Air ship carrier in the Arabian gulf would be sitting duck. Saudis don't need air ship carrier for Iran and air ship carrier is also not needed to safe guard shipping lanes. F-15 have enough combat radius for Iran. Air ship carrier of Saudis will be useful against Israel.

1. aircraft carrier is no sitting duck. its own defense and support ships wont allow any boat or aircraft near it. Saudi scope to safeguard its sea route is no less than the Indians who do own a carrier.

2. Aircraft carrier is not for Israel. Saudis and Israelis are allies against Iran.

yes it is a good power projection. they got big sea front and global interests to defend along the sea routes specially when oil is their main export.

this should be multi stage process of course as aircraft carrier cant be defended or deployed on its own. in order to reach that they need to build the navy assets that support the air craft carrier and they have the funds and the political clout and favors of the west to achieve that
They need to ask themselves first if they can swim? Egypt has two giant tugboat also, it hasn’t kept her from loosing control of the Sinai and the West of Egypt to ElQaida..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom