What's new

Should Pakistan sign an early deal for the Type-55 Destroyer ?

Should Pakistan begin negotiations for Chinese Destroyers ?

• Yes! After 2020 off course

Votes: 101 77.7%
  • No! You're out of your mind

Votes: 29 22.3%

• Total voters
OTE="Muhammad Omar, post: 6993176, member: 154483"]Heard about the stealth Variant not Naval Variant.... well PN was planning to buy 30 JF-17 in Oct 2014...[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a joke that would mean redesigning the entire air frame aswell as avionics.

OTE="Muhammad Omar, post: 6993176, member: 154483"]Heard about the stealth Variant not Naval Variant.... well PN was planning to buy 30 JF-17 in Oct 2014...
Sounds like a joke that would mean redesigning the entire air frame aswell as avionics.[/QUOTE]

well in 2010 Pakistan signed MoU to develop a stealth variant of JF-17... Hop we will see something different there are some pictures posted by Chinese member here in which JF-17 look like this

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
images.jpg

The Question is will Chinese export it??

The bigger question is can PN afford it? because they are not even able to purchase Type-54A (3600 ton) ship and purchasing F-22Ps (3000 ton) ship and here all are talking about Type-55 (12000) ton ship.

To the PAKISTANI fan boy poster whio said indian Navy is overhyped

India commissions first-of-class destroyer Kolkata - IHS Jane's 360

Each one of these indengious destroyers cost the indian tax paper $1 billion each. They have 2 inducted and five more to follow

Each Arihant indengious nuclear sub costs $1 billion each one inducted four more to follow

TO PUT THIS INTO PERSPECTIVE

Pakistan ENTIRE navy budget was 700 million dollars last year.

The bigger question is can PN afford it? because they are not even able to purchase Type-54A (3600 ton) ship and purchasing F-22Ps (3000 ton) ship and here all are talking about Type-55 (12000) ton ship.

Well if The economy improve why can't they afford it... 5 6 years is a long time

Our leaders don't give importance to Navy since independence, so forget it they will now change the doctrine of PN and will not give them funds for those even if economy improves.

True that bold part... But still Gov approved 8 subs ATR and Frigates now maybe we see some change... I hope so

Gentlemen please ! Lets not make this into a d*** measuring competition both:
1.) Storm force
2.) Rockstar 08

True that bold part... But still Gov approved 8 subs ATR and Frigates now maybe we see some change... I hope so

Weapons are inducted based on different parameters like economy, threat and associated doctrine and in all of these combined those huge ships don't fit in for PN now. Although I disagree with it.

Right now Pakistan does not need them ... they are very heavy DDG's
we can work with Potent Subs and Destroyers fleet .. IN is over Hyped , PN is capable of giving them a heavy blow ..

Really?? Indian Coast Guard has 112+ Ships and 66+ Aircrafts in active service with at least 2 new ships getting inducted every week.

Pakistan Navy has 70 odd ships and 40 odd aircrafts with hardly any modernization.

You guys lag far behind even our Coast Guard, how on earth do you even compare a navy of that size with the Mighty Indian Navy.

Really?? Indian Coast Guard has 112+ Ships and 66+ Aircrafts in active service with at least 2 new ships getting inducted every week.

Pakistan Navy has 70 odd ships and 40 odd aircrafts with hardly any modernization.

You guys lag far behind even our Coast Guard, how on earth do you even compare a navy of that size with the Mighty Indian Navy.

Why would PN need huge number of ships?? kindly see map again and check how big Indian coastline is and how small Pakistani coastline is when compared to each other, therefore PN don't need same number of ships as India has, also PN doctrine is sea denial not sea control like India has.

Why would PN need huge number of ships?? kindly see map again and check how big Indian coastline is and how small Pakistani coastline is when compared to each other, therefore PN don't need same number of ships as India has, also PN doctrine is sea denial not sea control like India has.

Pakistan Navy would require Huge ships for the fact that it will be facing a heavy armada. You require capabilities augmented with Quantity to stop an enemy at its gates. You cannot do any sea denial with the current fleet Pakistan has.

And More over I dont have anything against Pakistan or its navy. My reply was to that gentleman who stated that IN is over hyped.

Pakistan Navy would require Huge ships for the fact that it will be facing a heavy armada. You require capabilities augmented with Quantity to stop an enemy at its gates. You cannot do any sea denial with the current fleet Pakistan has.

And More over I dont have anything against Pakistan or its navy. My reply was to that gentleman who stated that IN is over hyped.
You are referring to Rockstar 08?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom