What's new

Should Arabic be replaced with Urdu for Mosque sermons in Pakistan ??

Should Arabic be replaced by Urdu in Sermons ?

• Total voters
What is the purpose of reading a book without understanding what has been written in the book.
Its like me reading a French book, even though I don't know french, but I can read it since French uses the Latin alphabet. It doesn't make any sense..
We should know the meanings of what we recite in Namaz and in all the 5 Kalma.All the Sermons/Khutbat should begin with the Aeya/Surah ,relevant to the topic or subject and
then explained in local or the language of the majority of the attendees.NO WAY THE CONTENTS iN NAMAZ BE RECITED IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE BUT ARABIC.

Is it necessary to be fluent in Arabic to be a good Muslim?
Do the Shia-Iranians do their namaz prayers in Arabic too?

NO WAY THE CONTENTS iN NAMAZ BE RECITED IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE BUT ARABIC.
Why not?

Hi where I offer my Jummah prayer, the Imam first delivers the sermon in Urdu and then translates it into arabic. all this takes 25-30 mins and the sermon is always superb.
Strange! It should be the other way around, recite from The Quraan first and then explain it
in local language in such a way that every one can understand, intelligent or not that intelligent.

Strange! It should be the other way around, recite from The Quraan first and then explain it
in local language in such a way that every one can understand, intelligent or not that intelligent.
The imam starts the sermon by reciting some ayats from the Quran and hadiths relating to the topic and then he explains them in Urdu. after that he translates for the Arab audience.

[quotis ="shuntmaster, post: 5743790, member: 34080"]Is it necessary to be fluent in Arabic to be a good Muslim?
Do the Shia-Iranians do their namaz prayers in Arabic too?
Yes not only in
Iran all the other countries as well ie Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam everywhere it is in Arabic.

Why not?[/quote]
This Is a Sunnah of Rasool (saw) , otherwise you will change the physical manner of doing
your Namaz as well.Imagine if recitation in translations and different physical manners were allowed in a multi national gathering?

Last edited:
People can make an effort to learn and understand English so they can succeed in life
People can also make an effort to learn and understand Arabic.

[quot="RAMPAGE, post: 5743894, member: 143307"]The imam starts the sermon by reciting some ayats from the Quran and hadiths relating to the topic and then he explains them in Urdu. after that he translates for the Arab audience.[/quote]
This Is different from what you said in#89.Anyway its ok.

Like in every translation "experiments" it doesnt do justice to the language....And hence may or usually (from history we can see) leads to adulteration of the language.

To avoid this the words are still read in the same Arabic dialect they were revealed in ...

In the early 1950s there was a man in Lahore, a Masood Khaderposh he started this movement of reading Quraan, Namaz and Darood all in Urdu, although he himself was Punjabi Lahoria.Since he was close to Ayub Khani Muslim League, he was taken care of for
being bhonko of Secular Fauji badmuaash Ayub, and then the realisation of translations in
so many languages of the world and add to that the Sunni, Shia, Wahabi and translated versions of their off shoot Musliks and and .....the whole city was up in arms and then this
Masood Khadderposh simply vanished in air. LIKE IT IS SAID
KHUD BADALTE NAHIN QURAAN KO BADAL DETAIN HAIN
KITNE BE TOFIQ HAIN FAQIHAAN E HARUM
Iqbal(ra)

People can make an effort to learn and understand English so they can succeed in life
People can also make an effort to learn and understand Arabic.
I wish every person was multi lingual, but its not realistic.Those who can, should go ahead
otherwise it would be Jack of all languages and Master of non.

i vote for that first they speak in Arabic , than give them translation

No, sermons should be conducted in language the worshipers understand in Pakistan, in this case Urdu. Maybe they Imam can recite the Khutbah in Arabic then in Urdu for understanding purposes. Just like in a classroom teacher must address the class in the official language(s).

In Canada most Imams give khutba in english, khutba doesnt have to be in Arabic

No, sermons should be conducted in language the worshipers understand in Pakistan, in this case Urdu. Maybe they Imam can recite the Khutbah in Arabic then in Urdu for understanding purposes. Just like in a classroom teacher must address the class in the official language(s).

It must be in Arabic and later can be translate into Urdu by someone else or in print form

Back
Top Bottom