What's new

Should a man get married ? Please share your experiences honestly.

No. Marriage was forced on me. Lost the sanity and peace of mind big time and loss of faith [in Religion]. Life won't be same after that. A huge headache, soul crushing, pain in the @$$. :hitwall:

Not recommended. Enjoy life as much as possible and die young.

Word. :tup:

He is not talking about whether we should hire maid or not lol

bive sirf roti banane wali machine ha ...

He means otherwise. Uska matlab kuch aur hai. :D

Why buy the whole buffalo when you can get milk in the shop? Don't ask me to translate from this inside-joke meaning. :D

But what about love marriages?

It is for those who have support from family. Otherwise, arrange marriage akin to forced marriage. :frown:

It's the other way around in my life, my parents don't want me getting married soon, but my friends and relatives have made me and them realize that its time to get married. I may not get married in next coming 1-2 years at least. :)

If I found some beautiful girl here on PDF then may like to marry soon. :D

You are lucky. Listen to your parents. :D

So I am at an age where people have started talking to me about marriage.- Late 20s.

But i am very apprehensive. Being married to the same woman your whole life ? None of my relationships have lasted beyond a year. I get bored.

My brother got married 3 years ago and lets just say he has turned from a lion into a pussy cat. Become a boring, slow person basically. My sister in law is awesome though.

Besides nowadays in major cities in India, people have started getting divorced a lot. Freaks me out.

Please married members of this forum, share your experiences honestly. Would you recommend marriage for a man ? Pros and Cons ? Do you think a man can live a happy life alone ? Because honestly even though I am apprehensive about marriage, I am afraid of being lonely too.

Please discuss.:enjoy:

You have lived your life........................... the life where you were free to choose, free to decide, free to move, free to think, free to eat, free to party, free free free everything care free ..... Thirty years old or late twenties now is the time to make one final free decision................ either to remain selfish and keep everything dear to you as they are or to retire and surrender (which even if you remain selfish you will have to one day) ...... if you feel like being selfish then don't marry.......... remain bachelor but do think sometime what if your father had opted to remain selfish......!

There is no such thing as perfect marriage because women somehow by default are all same when they become wives (those ever taunting miserable creatures they like nothing about your routine but they cannot live without you :disagree:) and men sometimes are violent immature indecent beasts :angry:............... it has something to do with some hormone triggering in women that they become wives. However, if you decide not to remain selfish then its better you get married max by twenty nine because you will bear children and they need you while you have energy and not when you are an old lazy toad. You and things change a lot when you have children .............. and they are the reason you surrender your freedom and tolerate every nonsense :).

So I am at an age where people have started talking to me about marriage.- Late 20s.

But i am very apprehensive. Being married to the same woman your whole life ? None of my relationships have lasted beyond a year. I get bored.

My brother got married 3 years ago and lets just say he has turned from a lion into a pussy cat. Become a boring, slow person basically. My sister in law is awesome though.

Besides nowadays in major cities in India, people have started getting divorced a lot. Freaks me out.

Please married members of this forum, share your experiences honestly. Would you recommend marriage for a man ? Pros and Cons ? Do you think a man can live a happy life alone ? Because honestly even though I am apprehensive about marriage, I am afraid of being lonely too.

Being married for more than a year, I would suggest to not get married ever. Seriously.

What a topic :)

Do get married - but evaluate the bride's mum more than bride herself :) for she is the one who will be reflected in her to a very large extent. If the attributes in your would-be-mum in law are acceptable and live-able, then go for it (assuming you of course like the bride very much). It's a good experience.

I hope you have time to read this: There was this guy who went to his grand dad for advice regarding running from home and marrying a pretty damsel. The grand dad told him this story: Long long ago a prince and a neighboring county's princess decided to run away and get married. Date and place and time was finalized and the princess took her most beautiful horse and ran from her palace. There came a small water stream in the way and the prince was standing the other side. So happy to see his darling he couldn't wait but to jump on the horse and run away with her. But the princess stopped and began to get off the horse which startled the prince. He said, the stream is only knee deep and that pretty and majestic horse of yours can wade through it without a worry. The princess smiled and said ' It's a pure breed and the horse's mother was afraid of water, I am sure he will be too!'. Hearing that the Prince paused and ran the opposite way saying 'I wouldn't want our pure breed eloping the way her mother is doing right now' :)

Of course you all can disagree but I have seen it in practice 1000's of times around me so my little piece of advice is to evaluate the bride's mum for values, morals and attributes a bit if you can. May you be blessed :)

What a topic :)

Do get married - but evaluate the bride's mum more than bride herself :) for she is the one who will be reflected in her to a very large extent. If the attributes in your would-be-mum in law are acceptable and live-able, then go for it (assuming you of course like the bride very much). It's a good experience.

I hope you have time to read this: There was this guy who went to his grand dad for advice regarding running from home and marrying a pretty damsel. The grand dad told him this story: Long long ago a prince and a neighboring county's princess decided to run away and get married. Date and place and time was finalized and the princess took her most beautiful horse and ran from her palace. There came a small water stream in the way and the prince was standing the other side. So happy to see his darling he couldn't wait but to jump on the horse and run away with her. But the princess stopped and began to get off the horse which startled the prince. He said, the stream is only knee deep and that pretty and majestic horse of yours can wade through it without a worry. The princess smiled and said ' It's a pure breed and the horse's mother was afraid of water, I am sure he will be too!'. Hearing that the Prince paused and ran the opposite way saying 'I wouldn't want our pure breed eloping the way her mother is doing right now' :)

Of course you all can disagree but I have seen it in practice 1000's of times around me so my little piece of advice is to evaluate the bride's mum for values, morals and attributes a bit if you can. May you be blessed :)

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Every man should get married some time;
after all, happiness is not the only thing in life!!

Confused to be honest. Got a very mixed response, though majority is leaning towards No marriage. Let's see. I am as apprehensive as before this thread.:P

You will be even after 100 pages on this thread....... .

There is no perfect partner or perfect marriage - (if you see some then believe me they are faking it)

It is all a big adjustment, but a good one for sure....... Today because i am married i am able to do my things..... and my wife is doing everything possible to keep me doing my chores (I have my right shoulder bone fractured and can hardly do things my own)...... And she does it utmost sincerity........

Back
Top Bottom