What's new

Should a man get married ? Please share your experiences honestly.

Well i was completing my studies and then establishing myself in my work. Plus the chosen lady was also studying so it took those extra year or two. :)
Arrange marriages are the norm plus there are a few love ones that get arranged :P A completely independent love marriage is rare. Also for me, if you have had that love before getting married what will you do after the marriage and are likely to get "bored" quickly. On other hand you can start by knowing your wife properly and it takes a couple of years (the basics at least :P ) then you start loving and by the time you are about to get bored you are in 50s 60s already.... Times up! :lol:
what are ya studiying?
all marriages need the nod of approval, heck even for me !
did you not get to know her before deciding to spend the rest of you life with her? god it's like lucky dip, you dont know if she gonna be a pain or really safe and laid back. heck im getting a love marriage and damn it depends on your lifestyle and how you treat the lady.

its really first time, that i smile after reading posts in that thread. all the men have same problem with marriage.

what are ya studiying?
all marriages need the nod of approval, heck even for me !
did you not get to know her before deciding to spend the rest of you life with her? god it's like lucky dip, you dont know if she gonna be a pain or really safe and laid back. heck im getting a love marriage and damn it depends on your lifestyle and how you treat the lady.
I have done engineering in textile processing and then went for a job and now this job/business sort of thing that i am involved with. The education alone took some 26 years of my life add a couple for me getting settled and another for her completing education.

And NO, i do know her man, it is not that "blind" lolz!!
She is from our family and so i surely know her well. :) Just have left "falling in love" with her for after the marriage for reason i stated above :lol:.

And yes i agree, it is a personal choice and a bit related to the customs and culture. Actually when i complete my studies my parents asked me if there is someone i have in mind that i will like to get married with. Being the only son i simple left that choice to them. In our culture there i no bigger matter for a mother to get the kid married so i was never planing to take that away from her. She selected this girl for me, i approved that and that is it. No i am here in this thread and this is sort of freaking me out. :lol:

@Blue Marlin

I have done engineering in textile processing and then went for a job and now this job/business sort of thing that i am involved with. The education alone took some 26 years of my life add a couple for me getting settled and another for her completing education.

And NO, i do know her man, it is not that "blind" lolz!!
She is from our family and so i surely know her well. :) Just have left "falling in love" with her for after the marriage for reason i stated above :lol:
textiles......thats unique one. like making clothes and fabrics or making carbon fibre rolls for industry?

you marrying your cousin!:o:o_O:what::disagree: thats classed as incest. you do know that leads to possible health problems when you come to have kids you know.

Which is the other one?
Here:
https://defence.pk/threads/harsh-mander-commits-sedition.446516/

textiles......thats unique one. like making clothes and fabrics or making carbon fibre rolls for industry?
Yup!
The biggest industry of Pakistan plus we had textile business so though why not study what i am likely to end up doing :P
My specialization was the fabric processing, like dyeing printing special finishes like fire proofing, fire retardant, water resistant textiles etc. You know what the best thing about a unique subject is? I can talk a little bit about the fields like electrical and mechanical engineering, the basics at least, however you will have no idea about what a yarn twist is :P

you marrying your cousin!:o:o_O:what::disagree: thats classed as incest. you do know that leads to possible health problems when you come to have kids you know.
hahahaha
Yeahhh, in some cultures it is. However in our culture and religion it is not like this. In fact, it is the most common. As you said, it is more about life style and culture. Like in ours, living together "before" marriage and having a sexual relation is what we do not approve of.
I know about the medical issues but that is too is a small percentage and also is more common if the chain of marriages in family is long one, also with immediate family members, so that works out just fine for me. :)

Marriage is like a pension plan. You pay through your nose while young, wonder why you took it. But at the fag end of your life - when you would be the most vulnerable, physically & mentally, the spouse will be there for your company.

My advise - Do marry, BUT: make sure you get to know each other well before marrying. Take her to meet your friends, the places you go to, the hang out places, the activities you enjoy doing. Ask her to accompany you on your weekend parties. See whether she likes your friends and their company or not. In short, show her the real you. If she is OK, there will be lesser problems (there will be, but lesser) after you marry. Most importantly, learn to say sorry at the drop of a hat. Men do not become meek after marriage, they all become superb actors.

Good luck!

I think a successful person should get married, or any person should. Changing partners and not having a serious relationship makes no sense to me.
Time to go for me, any special advice other than not viewing such threads, @Arsalan ?

so if/when i come to pakistan would you do me a good deal on some socks then? :p:

when did religion say you have to marry your cousin. i think it just culture and stay with in the family. have i told you about my first trip to your country? no......... ok here it is after coming home from work and having dinner i get a call from a friend of mine who happened to be pakistani, his name is imran chowdry. he say he wanted to come to mine to talk to me about something. i said ok come over. he comes over andsays im getting married? i said dont do it. he says its to late.i said your *****d. he then said its in pakistan. then i said good luck. then he said i want you to come to, some other of his friends are coming to some of which i know so i said ok. 5 weeks later islamabad airport.......what a piece of $hit (no offence) the place we went to was in kashmir near a dam. the drive there was long. surprisingly the motorways were very good i must say, rural roads......not to much . it turns out he never met her his mum showed him a picture and that was it.
i couldn't stop laughing. and the reason he agreed was because she looked "fit".

anyway, the guy got married. his wife spoke ok english which was surprising. and was very laidback and was quickly know to be the "man" in the relationship what ever she wanted he got for her. when we left for home she never came with us as she was still in uni then.

she is in the uk now and is really chilled out its rare to see south asain girls like her.
You come to Pakistan, period!
Just let me know and i will be surprised if any shop keeper decides to charge you anything for the goods you buy. That is how we are :)
And sorry your got me wrong on that family marriage thing, religion do not say that i should marry my cousin. It is just that it do not says that i must not. :) See the difference. :) Plus as you tell about your friend, as i said, it is more about customs and culture but as i "explained" :P it is not like that i have not seen her or i do not like her. I do. :) Just have left "falling in love" part for after marriage. Have to leave something for all those years right? :P

By the way, i was not aware that you have been to Pakistan. It is good to know you have already been here. However that was a marriage ceremony and i am sure your friend was not able to show you around. Plan one visit again and drop me a message. :) I wont go into details and you just need to trust me when i say that you will have great time here. :)

Oh and yes, that Islamabad airport, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU MY FRIEND!! TOTALLY!!!

mmmmm anddd,,, i am sure you went to Mirpur for that wedding, (the pace near the dam in Kashmir :P ) just to let you know, the road you traveled on is NOT A MOTORWAY.. It is just a highway. :)

I think a successful person should get married, or any person should. Changing partners and not having a serious relationship makes no sense to me.
Time to go for me, any special advice other than not viewing such threads, @Arsalan ?
Yaar mein tu kud aakay phas gya hoon and these people are scaring the hell out of me!! :lol:

You come to Pakistan, period!
Just let me know and i will be surprised if any shop keeper decides to charge you anything for the goods you buy. That is how we are :)
And sorry your got me wrong on that family marriage thing, religion do not say that i should marry my cousin. It is just that it do not says that i must not. :) See the difference. :) Plus as you tell about your friend, as i said, it is more about customs and culture but as i "explained" :P it is not like that i have not seen her or i do not like her. I do. :) Just have left "falling in love" part for after marriage. Have to leave something for all those years right? :P

By the way, i was not aware that you have been to Pakistan. It is good to know you have already been here. However that was a marriage ceremony and i am sure your friend was not able to show you around. Plan one visit again and drop me a message. :) I wont go into details and you just need to trust me when i say that you will have great time here. :)

Oh and yes, that Islamabad airport, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU MY FRIEND!! TOTALLY!!!

mmmmm anddd,,, i am sure you went to Mirpur for that wedding, (the pace near the dam in Kashmir :P ) just to let you know, the road you traveled on is NOT A MOTORWAY.. It is just a highway. :)
well i i went ther i was near the mangala dam it think its called that, and yes i did go to mirpur too.
shopping.......im not a fan of, but when i needed the local cloths to blend in i didnt say anything. i went out with my friend and his dad and his uncle. we got a custom clothes made for me, we went back 2 hour later and hey presto 5 sets of clothes.
there are building a new airport .
and no its called a motorway not highway. im not an murican

well i i went ther i was near the mangala dam it think its called that, and yes i did go to mirpur too.
shopping.......im not a fan of, but when i needed the local cloths to blend in i didnt say anything. i went out with my friend and his dad and his uncle. we got a custom clothes made for me, we went back 2 hour later and hey presto 5 sets of clothes.
there are building a new airport .
and no its called a motorway not highway. im not an murican
lolz!!
Yeah i told you the same that the place is Mirpur and dam is Mangla dam. In the previous post you were not that sure so i thought you do not know about it.
A new airport is under construction in Islamabad
And we have both motorways and highways, we class them separately with motorways being the top class. The road from Islamabad to Mirpur is called national highway. Anyway, ACTUALLYYYY, what i wanted to say was this is not the best one we have :P

AND you just ignored that invitation to come to Pakistan and letting me know when you plan to do so. I wont call any TTPs on you (plus they do not listen to Pakistanis anyway :P ). In fact, i had someone from Manchester here with me last month. :) Textile business you know :P

Well i was completing my studies and then establishing myself in my work. Plus the chosen lady was also studying so it took those extra year or two. :)
Arrange marriages are the norm plus there are a few love ones that get arranged :P A completely independent love marriage is rare. Also for me, if you have had that love before getting married what will you do after the marriage and are likely to get "bored" quickly. On other hand you can start by knowing your wife properly and it takes a couple of years (the basics at least :P ) then you start loving and by the time you are about to get bored you are in 50s 60s already.... Times up! :lol:
brother pls do update us after one or two year:p:

lolz!!
Yeah i told you the same that the place is Mirpur and dam is Mangla dam. In the previous post you were not that sure so i thought you do not know about it.
A new airport is under construction in Islamabad
And we have both motorways and highways, we class them separately with motorways being the top class. The road from Islamabad to Mirpur is called national highway. Anyway, ACTUALLYYYY, what i wanted to say was this is not the best one we have :P

AND you just ignored that invitation to come to Pakistan and letting me know when you plan to do so. I wont call any TTPs on you (plus they do not listen to Pakistanis anyway :P ). In fact, i had someone from Manchester here with me last month. :) Textile business you know :P
ah i dont plan to come there for some time as my visit was already laid out for me, all i has to do was just go there. i didn't pay squat. i only paid for tickets and visas and insurances and thats is.
food........was provided for by their family
clothes....... brought my own when i went to get the local clothes my mates uncle paid and refused to take my money.
just before i left for home i gave some money to his son to give to his dad after i left.

ride...... they had toyotas suv's and a bmw x5.
i came from manchester airport to pakistan.

As soon as possible.
What will man do in the old age.
A man is young and he can do every thing but when he go to old age, he will not acceptable for any body.No relative will help you in any case.Wife and children will help in the old age.
The marriage is important for every body

Back
Top Bottom