What's new

Should a man get married ? Please share your experiences honestly.

i live in two worlds, one world adheres to the cultures I am born into and expects me to do the same.. the other world although does not have my culture has already painted me as part of 'other' culture.
I can relate..I face the same problem when it comes to religion.

Lol,trust me, you'll appreciate those bs culture more after growing up in this, 'culture'.
hmm.. unlikely.... i love the fact that brits dont mind quirkiness in the society or dont care if you are a 'failure' in life.... as long as you are happy nobody cares.
there is so less pressure to confirm to norms, its liberating...

hmm.. unlikely.... i love the fact that brits dont mind quirkiness in the society or dont care if you are a 'failure' in life.... as long as you are happy nobody cares.
there is so less pressure to confirm to norms, its liberating...

Yes, but wait till you're 40 something and divorced, giving much of your earnings to some bitch, she takes your kids and you pay child support. And you're back on the market looking for a spouse at your 30s, 40s. Here, it feels like you dont even know what you're dealing with in the opposite sex sometimes. Much of my friends had kids before high school ended, most arent with those girls. This is when things get too relaxed.

There are good and bad in both societies.

Yes, but wait till you're 40 something and divorced, giving much of your earnings to some bitch, she takes your kids and you pay child support. And you're back on the market looking for a spouse at your 30s, 40s. Here, it feels like you dont even know what you're dealing with in the opposite sex sometimes. Much of friends had kids before high school ended, most arent with those girls. This is when things get too relaxed.

There are good and bad in both societies.
the divorce law is as bad in india.

You can disagree all you want, the stats tell it all. You can start with the top ten wealthiest in the world and see how many are married.

Nearly half of the world's population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. But than again i should be saying
Alhamdulillah I'm having a good health and eat 3 times day

Sir it's is OK to become mature but what is maturity exactly? Is it that a man is to be 100% truthful no matter how good and bad but a lady should get a pass from truth whether it is about family discussion, future planning, arranging things in house priority wise. Sir your advice does have a good point and I concede that too, however you are not aware on my situation, so maybe your conclusion might not be correct. Anyways it's off topic. Best wishes to the person of thread whichever he wants to go. Thank you.

You'r honest a person and I suggest you look for another lady.

Nearly half of the world's population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. But than again i should be saying
Alhamdulillah I'm having a good health and eat 3 times day

You'r honest a person and I suggest you look for another lady.
Bhai I am not the person who can eat the poison again. Sorry but have to love with what was written in my fate. Anyways leave it Yaar, we should assist the upcoming generation in taking calculated risk taking.

You're India based right? Why don't you find someone for yourself. That way you don't have to go through the parent trap.

As I mentioned in my OP, I have had relationships but they never last beyond a year max. I tend to get bored.

same feelings here she deserve better than that and worst part is that she has to go through rejection just because of our parent's forceful behaviour

Sometimes men also get rejected.

It depends on what the family law system is in your country. If you are in the US or any country in Western Europe, then getting married is a terrible idea if you are a self sufficient man. If you are lower in socio economic status then it could be argued that pooling resources or sharing tasks with a significant other is a beneficial move. If you are adequately self sufficient, the stupidest thing you can do in western society is get married. The family law systems favor women by default and men get screwed with alimony, lose their homes, have their wages garnished and routinely lose custody of their children. Most suicides by men are as a result of divorce. There is no reason at all to get married as an adequately self sufficient man. The positives are marginal and the negatives are mammoth. Its just not a smart thing to do. Many men in the US are rejecting marriage. In the 20-35 age group, 70 to 75% of men are not married. Its the highest number in history and will continue to rise with the corrupt family law system in western countries as it is.

I don't know about India but if there are fairer laws regarding alimony, child custody or if you are in a position to shield assets away from the wife/state when things go south. and basically put yourself in a position where you can't be screwed by the courts, you may be tempted to get married because it is what society expects you to do. Sooner or later, that trend is going to buck world wide because no matter where you are getting married just isn't all its cracked up to be. If you want to be with someone, then be with them. You can still have kids, live together and do all the things you want, and when you want to separate, you separate without courts and lawyers and bureaucracy. As more and more people move out of poverty the benefits of marriage just aren't there if you look at it critically and scientifically rather than emotionally.

What do those 70-75 % do ? Don't you end up feeling lonely after your friends and all are married ? The only thing that prevents me from saying no to marriage is the prospect of ending up a lonely man.

It is not so soon :P I mean, i am 29 now or there about!
and
It is an arranged marriage. :)

aesay kya faida!! Without a run away bride it is no fun :P
damn so your getting married quiet old then..... is that the norm or did you educate and get a job before your parents decided hook you up.
are arranged marriages the norm?

damn so your getting married quiet old then..... is that the norm or did you educate and get a job before your parents decided hook you up.
are arranged marriages the norm?
Well i was completing my studies and then establishing myself in my work. Plus the chosen lady was also studying so it took those extra year or two. :)
Arrange marriages are the norm plus there are a few love ones that get arranged :P A completely independent love marriage is rare. Also for me, if you have had that love before getting married what will you do after the marriage and are likely to get "bored" quickly. On other hand you can start by knowing your wife properly and it takes a couple of years (the basics at least :P ) then you start loving and by the time you are about to get bored you are in 50s 60s already.... Times up! :lol:

Well i was completing my studies and then establishing myself in my work. Plus the chosen lady was also studying so it took those extra year or two. :)
Arrange marriages are the norm plus there are a few love ones that get arranged :P A completely independent love marriage is rare. Also for me, if you have had that love before getting married what will you do after the marriage and are likely to get "bored" quickly. On other hand you can start by knowing your wife properly and it takes a couple of years (the basics at least :P ) then you start loving and by the time you are about to get bored you are in 50s 60s already.... Times up! :lol:

Well you sending PDF members invitation

21 pages of discussion!!!!!! Never thought Indians and Pakistani's could discuss something so passionately and in productive way...........What a wonderful thread......

Well you sending PDF members invitation
Yeah i surely will. You have my word on that. :)

21 pages of discussion!!!!!! Never thought Indians and Pakistani's could discuss something so passionately and in productive way...........What a wonderful thread......
LOLZ!! :)
There are a couple of those running right now!! Vacation time perhaps? :P

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom