What's new

Should a man get married ? Please share your experiences honestly.

thats the bit that I feel really bad about.. but i have asked a few girls whether it hurts.. they say after 3rd or 4th rejection its almost a routine... so you dont feel much anything...
rejection with the just cause is acceptable but this is not a just cause.

Reliving the experiences of my youth, nothing wrong with that bro.
oh sorry carry on then mate:cheers:

:( don't know why we still have these types of culture in our countries.....
what else do you purpose.there is no other way of meeting the girl's family in arrange marriages.or do you want guy and girl to go blindly into marriage without even meeting once.

rejection with the just cause is acceptable but this is not a just cause.

oh sorry carry on then mate:cheers:
you never tell the reason...
it should just be a formality after you both met and agreed to go ahead.... whats the point of going with half a dozen people, eating there.. having bullshit small talk just to see a 3d version of the person... too high stake game..

what else do you purpose.there is no other way of meeting the girl's family in arrange marriages.or do you want guy and girl to go blindly into marriage without even meeting once.
That's why i support love marriages bro :cheers: not arrange:agree: is tarhan ki fazool cheezein krni hii ni parti

So I am at an age where people have started talking to me about marriage.- Late 20s.

But i am very apprehensive. Being married to the same woman your whole life ? None of my relationships have lasted beyond a year. I get bored.

My brother got married 3 years ago and lets just say he has turned from a lion into a pussy cat. Become a boring, slow person basically. My sister in law is awesome though.

Besides nowadays in major cities in India, people have started getting divorced a lot. Freaks me out.

Please married members of this forum, share your experiences honestly. Would you recommend marriage for a man ? Pros and Cons ? Do you think a man can live a happy life alone ? Because honestly even though I am apprehensive about marriage, I am afraid of being lonely too.

Please discuss.:enjoy:

It depends on what the family law system is in your country. If you are in the US or any country in Western Europe, then getting married is a terrible idea if you are a self sufficient man. If you are lower in socio economic status then it could be argued that pooling resources or sharing tasks with a significant other is a beneficial move. If you are adequately self sufficient, the stupidest thing you can do in western society is get married. The family law systems favor women by default and men get screwed with alimony, lose their homes, have their wages garnished and routinely lose custody of their children. Most suicides by men are as a result of divorce. There is no reason at all to get married as an adequately self sufficient man. The positives are marginal and the negatives are mammoth. Its just not a smart thing to do. Many men in the US are rejecting marriage. In the 20-35 age group, 70 to 75% of men are not married. Its the highest number in history and will continue to rise with the corrupt family law system in western countries as it is.

I don't know about India but if there are fairer laws regarding alimony, child custody or if you are in a position to shield assets away from the wife/state when things go south. and basically put yourself in a position where you can't be screwed by the courts, you may be tempted to get married because it is what society expects you to do. Sooner or later, that trend is going to buck world wide because no matter where you are getting married just isn't all its cracked up to be. If you want to be with someone, then be with them. You can still have kids, live together and do all the things you want, and when you want to separate, you separate without courts and lawyers and bureaucracy. As more and more people move out of poverty the benefits of marriage just aren't there if you look at it critically and scientifically rather than emotionally.

In what sense?
You don't get emotionally blackmailed by parents you can do what ever you want become what ever you want because of your education system you're not forced to become a doctor or engineer (thank fully my parents at least in this matter didn't emotionally black mailed me) because in our countries if it isn't your parents forcing you, you still have only 2-3 options anyway oh and the most imp thing you don't have to think about "Log kya kahenge" :rolleyes:

You are not born with culture...if you don't adhere to it its not your culture....the world will view you as you view the world.
i live in two worlds, one world adheres to the cultures I am born into and expects me to do the same.. the other world although does not have my culture has already painted me as part of 'other' culture.

ah... parents can use financial dependency as a lever... which is why every boy/girl should become independent as soon as humanly possible.

That's problem. Hence Pakistan/India as nations are stuck there. We brag about changes but inside our change refuse to let the the nations grow just as parents refuse to let children grow. :D

Last edited:
That's problem. Hence Pakistan/India as nations are stuck there. We brag about changes but inside our changes refuse to let the the nations grow just as parents refuse to let children grow. :D
true, unfortunately its not getting better... desi parents are now ruining even the childhood.. when i was a kid, i was rarely considered human but at least left alone.. most of the days i will have some injury in leg/knee because i fell while playing some stupid game.. my nephew was never allowed to touch the earth... his parents are always there to protect him from every fall... :)

Back
Top Bottom