What's new

Should a man get married ? Please share your experiences honestly.

As I mentioned in my OP, I have had relationships but they never last beyond a year max. I tend to get bored.

Then don't get married, simple.

What do those 70-75 % do ? Don't you end up feeling lonely after your friends and all are married ? The only thing that prevents me from saying no to marriage is the prospect of ending up a lonely man.
We work, live, have fun, get girlfriends, do whatever we want whenever we want without answering to anyone. In our extended family only 2 out of 10 males (mid 20s to late 30s) are married. Only one of my 4 closest friends (all over 30 years old) is married. NONE of my workmates are married. We all live a typical middle class life. Being unmarried doesn't mean being lonely but if its loneliness you are afraid of, get a girlfriend. Personally, I think 'loneliness' is a BS societal stigma. Ask all those people being betrayed, ripped off, cheated on, lied to, used etc if being with someone is worth it. There's nothing wrong with solitude. People who are afraid of solitude are in effect putting their happiness and well being in someone else's hands and are the most emotionally damaged when their relationships fail. YOU are responsible for your own happiness, nobody else. You want a companion that's unconditionally loving and loyal? Get a dog. If you want kids, have them. Nowadays you can even have kids through surrogacy if you can spare around $50K, half if you do it through overseas surrogates. You won't have to deal with custody battles or child support. The government and laws have made it extremely hazardous for independent self sufficient men to tie the knot. Marriage is something only women want because it is they who benefit, not men. There is a divorce here every 36 seconds. That's almost a million every year. More than half of marriages end in divorce and 75% to 80% of these are initiated by the women. So as a man there is all risk and no reward that's why more couples are cohabitating but not getting married.

I'm speaking from a US perspective. If you are in India, things must be a lot better for the adequately self sufficient men. considering marriage. It's nice to come home to a beautiful woman and a well cooked meal everyday after work. Thing is, you can still have that WITHOUT getting married.

Then don't get married, simple.

We work, live, have fun, get girlfriends, do whatever we want whenever we want without answering to anyone. In our extended family only 2 out of 10 males (mid 20s to late 30s) are married. Only one of my 4 closest friends (all over 30 years old) is married. NONE of my workmates are married. We all live a typical middle class life. Being unmarried doesn't mean being lonely but if its loneliness you are afraid of, get a girlfriend. Personally, I think 'loneliness' is a BS societal stigma. Ask all those people being betrayed, ripped off, cheated on, lied to, used etc if being with someone is worth it. There's nothing wrong with solitude. People who are afraid of solitude are in effect putting their happiness and well being in someone else's hands and are the most emotionally damaged when their relationships fail. YOU are responsible for your own happiness, nobody else. You want a companion that's unconditionally loving and loyal? Get a dog. If you want kids, have them. Nowadays you can even have kids through surrogacy if you can spare around $50K, half if you do it through overseas surrogates. You won't have to deal with custody battles or child support. The government and laws have made it extremely hazardous for independent self sufficient men to tie the knot. Marriage is something only women want because it is they who benefit, not men. There is a divorce here every 36 seconds. That's almost a million every year. More than half of marriages end in divorce and 75% to 80% of these are initiated by the women. So as a man there is all risk and no reward that's why more couples are cohabitating but not getting married.

I'm speaking from a US perspective. If you are in India, things must be a lot better for the adequately self sufficient men. considering marriage. It's nice to come home to a beautiful woman and a well cooked meal everyday after work. Thing is, you can still have that WITHOUT getting married.

Things are indeed very ugly for men in the US and it's not that bad in India right now but unfortunately, at least in urban India, it is heading in that direction only.

Things are indeed very ugly for men in the US and it's not that bad in India right now but unfortunately, at least in urban India, it is heading in that direction only.

No things are not that ugly for men in US. They get enough sex.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah i dont plan to come there for some time as my visit was already laid out for me, all i has to do was just go there. i didn't pay squat. i only paid for tickets and visas and insurances and thats is.
food........was provided for by their family
clothes....... brought my own when i went to get the local clothes my mates uncle paid and refused to take my money.
just before i left for home i gave some money to his son to give to his dad after i left.

ride...... they had toyotas suv's and a bmw x5.
i came from manchester airport to pakistan.
As i said, when you are our guest you dont have to pay squat!
Tickets VISA and insurance fees are all you should be concerned about. :) Rest is on me and to tell you the truth, it is not that expensive for me either :P

brother pls do update us after one or two year:p:
lolz,, dra tu sb aesay he rahay han :P

not married though
buttrust me a man's real acquaintance are his own Hands
no one is gonna help you like they do
no on is gonna comfort and understand you like they do
having hands is having freedom
using hands is heaven
dont waste your money on pampers travel the farthest shores
and when needing company, just use the two crowned possesions "the Hands"
You have not tried getting between someone's silky legs . Man you dont know what you are missing. Also it should be halal(legal) so you dont have any guilt afterwards.:yahoo::bounce::victory::lol::astagh:.
My answer to the poster is a simple one. If you have chosen your partner rightly, ie for her character, manners and compatibility you will have a really satisfied life.If you go after things which are superficial and not those which are skin deep you will regret it. Forinstnace all good figures will sag and all the good faces will wrinkle, but if the person tyou are married to is a loving and caring good natured and organized partner, you would not mind turning into a pussy or even cat.For inside the bedroom and in you r brain you are top dog Wuff Wuff!! I hope you understand the sentiments behind the post.
Remember life wit hthe same partner is never easy but be prepared to compromise and give in and you will be a happy man.
A

by all means marry; if you get a good wife, youll become happy; if you get a bad one, youll become a philosopher.

Gud luck for ur adventure. :partay:

You have not tried getting between someone's silky legs . Man you dont know what you are missing. Also it should be halal(legal) so you dont have any guilt afterwards
you need to do some bullshit to get them silky legs bro
but still hand are not gonna bleed and you wont need to deal with any bullshit

Back
Top Bottom