What's new

Should a man get married ? Please share your experiences honestly.

But how will a person identify if the girl is really good character, manners and morals. Fact is most of the girls change within first month after marriage from what they were a month before marriage. Sad but it's a tragic for some. Few of us might extreme way also considering the tough environment in office, juggling through documents when you reach home what you hear is nonsense after nonsense.

Sir with all due respect I was extremely truthful towards my wife, but things changed after 6-7 months so rapidly that even after asking for doing corrections, it went haywire. I don't have any hope left in this world anymore. Just doing my duty in personal life like monotonus job now. All hopes faded within two years of marriage.

There could be numerous reasons for your problems, the first thing is to accept you have one, Go see a counselor , they are not that hard to find, they may help.
One has to be the mature one in any relationship . why dont you be that person and ask your wife to seek help with you. Also 6-7 months is hardly any time to give up on a relationship , i would say that you guys are still not even begun to understand each other and you want to give up!!!!!
As i said it takes years of effort to make a marriage succeed , you wont give up a job just cuz you had a few bad months in the beginning , will you? and thats just a job !!!
we are talking about some person you have to spend your life with . Give it time , give it effort, most of all understand where she is coming from .
Seek help to improve your married life. Its the only advice i can give you.

@nick_indian

Dont get married for a few years

tell your parents VERY CLEARLY what you expect from your future wife to be
and also what is UN ACCEPTABLE to you

If your parents are pressurising you ; then let THEM find out the right girl

You can list out your expectations

In the mean while you can get CLARITY in your thoughts and desires
and will be able to select the right one

Lack of Compatability is the biggest issue in today's marriages

There are all types of people in this world ; it is your task to find the right one

Yeah but I need men's perspective only.

From what I ve seen, women mostly tend to promote marriage.

Yeah but I need men's perspective only.

From what I ve seen, women mostly tend to promote marriage.
hmm... yeah true... but then most women here wont tell the truth... so its useless to ask their opinion, on second thought.

Just for your Curiosity and information

In case you want to know what is happening in the WEST

There is a men's movement gaining strength which advocates NO marriage

https://www.google.co.in/?ion=1&espv=2#q=men+going+their+own+way

Of course ; in the Indian context it is too extreme but what is the harm in reading about
Global trends

I think it is worse for men in the West. Women get half of whatever you are worth after divorce. Becuase of this many women are giving divorces left, right and centre there. Sadly, I believe we are heading in a similar direction. Women of our generation are just not how our mothers used to be.

Last edited:
So I am at an age where people have started talking to me about marriage.- Late 20s.

But i am very apprehensive. Being married to the same woman your whole life ? None of my relationships have lasted beyond a year. I get bored.

My brother got married 3 years ago and lets just say he has turned from a lion into a pussy cat. Become a boring, slow person basically. My sister in law is awesome though.

Besides nowadays in major cities in India, people have started getting divorced a lot. Freaks me out.

Please married members of this forum, share your experiences honestly. Would you recommend marriage for a man ? Pros and Cons ? Do you think a man can live a happy life alone ? Because honestly even though I am apprehensive about marriage, I am afraid of being lonely too.

Please discuss.:enjoy:

You marry, and you stop living for yourself and start living for others...it has a few positive aspects for sure, but I am searching for a time machine for the last 10 years. :)

There could be numerous reasons for your problems, the first thing is to accept you have one, Go see a counselor , they are not that hard to find, they may help.
One has to be the mature one in any relationship . why dont you be that person and ask your wife to seek help with you. Also 6-7 months is hardly any time to give up on a relationship , i would say that you guys are still not even begun to understand each other and you want to give up!!!!!
As i said it takes years of effort to make a marriage succeed , you wont give up a job just cuz you had a few bad months in the beginning , will you? and thats just a job !!!
we are talking about some person you have to spend your life with . Give it time , give it effort, most of all understand where she is coming from .
Seek help to improve your married life. Its the only advice i can give you.
Sir it's is OK to become mature but what is maturity exactly? Is it that a man is to be 100% truthful no matter how good and bad but a lady should get a pass from truth whether it is about family discussion, future planning, arranging things in house priority wise. Sir your advice does have a good point and I concede that too, however you are not aware on my situation, so maybe your conclusion might not be correct. Anyways it's off topic. Best wishes to the person of thread whichever he wants to go. Thank you.

i think it is worse for men in the West. Women get half of whatever you are worth after divorce. Becuase of this many women are giving divorces left, right and centre there. Sadly, I believe we are heading in a similar direction. Women of our generation are just not how our mothers used to be.

We ; Indian men are still SAFE

In India though the divorce cases are rising ; but since there is NO social security
like you cannot DIAL 911 and get Help

Here Family is the only security ; that is what keeps Indian Women " Grounded in Reality "

And add to it the large population and rising crimes it is ALSO in
Women's interest to stay married

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom