What's new

Should a man get married ? Please share your experiences honestly.

So I am at an age where people have started talking to me about marriage.- Late 20s.

But i am very apprehensive. Being married to the same woman your whole life ? None of my relationships have lasted beyond a year. I get bored.

My brother got married 3 years ago and lets just say he has turned from a lion into a pussy cat. Become a boring, slow person basically. My sister in law is awesome though.

Besides nowadays in major cities in India, people have started getting divorced a lot. Freaks me out.

Please married members of this forum, share your experiences honestly. Would you recommend marriage for a man ? Pros and Cons ? Do you think a man can live a happy life alone ? Because honestly even though I am apprehensive about marriage, I am afraid of being lonely too.

Please discuss.:enjoy:
i m in Same Boat Buddy , Even My Dad Support me on this But my Maa is on some other level :D

Get married and don't delay it. Fulfill your sexual desires the permissible way through marriage. All other ways will only lead to depression.
Marriage is Not Just about sex Buddy
Its Like You Buy A Freaking Jumbo Jet Because Seats in A class are good

tem1q2.png

temz1q2.png

arranged-marriages.jpg

So I am at an age where people have started talking to me about marriage.- Late 20s.

But i am very apprehensive. Being married to the same woman your whole life ? None of my relationships have lasted beyond a year. I get bored.

My brother got married 3 years ago and lets just say he has turned from a lion into a pussy cat. Become a boring, slow person basically. My sister in law is awesome though.

Besides nowadays in major cities in India, people have started getting divorced a lot. Freaks me out.

Please married members of this forum, share your experiences honestly. Would you recommend marriage for a man ? Pros and Cons ? Do you think a man can live a happy life alone ? Because honestly even though I am apprehensive about marriage, I am afraid of being lonely too.

Please discuss.:enjoy:
100% married though :D
In the end you will regret, married or un-married.
So, get married, so that you may say to your self at that time, that, at least I tried :)

@nick_indian I think you should get married.
Four years later when I am of your age at least I will have someone to ask the same question with first hand experience. :enjoy:
Will you be an official bakra for me.:devil:
When a boy is getting out of hands... is getting old.. is a parrtying during leisure time and having a time of his life.... the elders say ... "get him married"... and that's a time tested and decades old formula.
Lets analyze this formula..
Basically a married life is slow... uni directional... with proper and justifiable aims of life. You loose the temptation to spend time and money on things which do not matter and / or will not be of value in the near future. You have real life issues and in most cases kids to worry about, mouths to feed.
Marriage is how you make your life, well streamlined ... to have good, measurable and surmountable challenges in life which will take your monetary life and living standards to newer heights ultimately translating into better living and family standards for yourself and your children. You feel pride at what you achieve leading to what your family as a whole achieves and finally your kids God willing, will do well and achieve newer heights by starting a life at the very place where you end your corporate or professional life. you can never imagine and understand the joy, the pride and the fulfillment that you feel when you see the above happening through your eyes. You enjoy your success, your partner's success, your kids success. You have people around you who are loyal and care for you without any ifs and buts.. its a life filled with bliss. you always have a fall back option.. people who you can turn to for advice, for a shoulder, for guidance, for discussion and ultimately for a good quality time... always
The above is a hint of what eternal peace, bliss and peaceful lullaby kinda of life is.

Hence please get married and stop the childish notion of getting bored from a single person etc etc. disasters do happen, people do fail but look at the majority of the people... look how good their family life is. look at your parents, your aunt, uncle etc who are sooooooo happy... always.
so boy its time you get a grip of your life.. think and act like a mature person now. you are not 18 any more.. so plllzzzzzzz grow up. Do the right thing. get married

P.S.
The above is what i remember my cousins, elders and friends told me a decade ago. Off course there were discussions stretching over hours and hours but all lead to one thing. me getting married after running from it for 6/7 years.
There has not been a single weekend that i have not cursed them for it. Married life is like a windows screen saver. You are shown a valley with lush green pasture only for it to disappear and you end up with a cascade of unending possibilities the moment you touch it and face the reality. The above is also the life cycle of a donkey, a loader truck, a construction company and an investment company. Your life is not that. you are wayyyyyy above this sh**.
Hence please do not get married and if you fall for this then make sure you advocate it so much that people fall for the same trap that you fell for. Why should be the only sufferer to fall for this. That's what happened with me and that's what i wrote above. Remember you can not make anything fool proof as fools are ingenious. bottom line....
on a serious note: stay single dude... you have no ****ing idea what you have and what we all miss day in and day out. Inspite of all that you do not have and are missing trust me when i say that if i ever get a chance to relive my life, i will never get married.
full stop

Thanks for taking your time to explain it so well buddy.

Married life is good but delay it as many years as possible. You will start missing your bachelor life immediately. I say 33 years old is the ideal age to get married.
In todays circumstances one needs to marry before 30s so that he or she can plan their family accordingly else you will die seeing your kids growing from childhood to adulthood... Moreover keep one more factor into consideration that so called lavish & modern life style killing ppl earlier than expected out of modern diseases...

Elaborate a little bro. Why do you think so ?

Hi, how do you manage the pressure ?

Are you happy being single ? Ever feel lonely ?
Basic thing will be like this. Their expectations will be 10x when your salary would be x, they will say they understand your difficulty but they also have requirement which are as serious as life n death case. Further their commitment will be x and output will either nil or leave you high n dry, and their reply is just so one liner, future is uncertain so I can't fulfill what I commit. Literally you will feel very bad. Thus I feel marriage is not even 25% of its worth.

No. Marriage was forced on me. Lost the sanity and peace of mind big time and loss of faith [in Religion]. Life won't be same after that. A huge headache, soul crushing, pain in the @$$. :hitwall:

Word. :tup:

He means otherwise. Uska matlab kuch aur hai. :D

Why buy the whole buffalo when you can get milk in the shop? Don't ask me to translate from this inside-joke meaning. :D

It is for those who have support from family. Otherwise, arrange marriage akin to forced marriage. :frown:

You are lucky. Listen to your parents. :D
I am also on the verge of losing faith in some entity just because of marriage.

That's harder than it sounds. :lol:

Btw, I do believe it takes at least 6 months to 1 year to properly know and understand a person.
Believe me you can't mate. I live in Mumbai. My wife also belongs to Mumbai only. We were in touch for more than a year before marriage though it was a arrange marriage. I will say honestly it's a disaster for me. Even I have seen my share of love marriage even in my family.

Use your brain when you are choosing a girl ... Not your balls !
Bhai sometimes brain works and some time balls, and some time heart!!! Just depends on the situation. There is no sure shot killer in this world than a marriage no matter how you do it.

Bhai not everybody's wife thinks like what you said. If it would had been the same, I would not had been so desperate to cover as much as family related responsibility before I die in near future.

Bhai not everybody's wife thinks like what you said. If it would had been the same, I would not had been so desperate to cover as much as family related responsibility before I die in near future.

In todays circumstances one needs to marry before 30s so that he or she can plan their family accordingly else you will die seeing your kids growing from childhood to adulthood... Moreover keep one more factor into consideration that so called lavish & modern life style killing ppl earlier than expected out of modern diseases...

The average life expectancy in BD passed 70. It was less than 60 half a century ago.

Dear don't believe in Sun water or Air sign but I believe in good character, manners and morals which she should have and I'm a lucky guy because end of the day outside Tensions are nothing compared to house tension
@nick_indian
But how will a person identify if the girl is really good character, manners and morals. Fact is most of the girls change within first month after marriage from what they were a month before marriage. Sad but it's a tragic for some. Few of us might extreme way also considering the tough environment in office, juggling through documents when you reach home what you hear is nonsense after nonsense.

@nick_indian
married life is wonderful if you find some who is right, unfortunately most of us do not see the true nature of our better half's till about a year into the marriage. the solution to that is live with the person for at least 6 months before marriage, you will find out how you get along with them
The second most important thing is to have trust and respect for each other , if these two are not built then one is condemned to a life full of ugly spats and constant nagging.

the most important thing in a marriage is to let the other be their own person. give space to each other. do not expect your partner to behave in such and such a way just cuz you want them to do so . accept them the way they are and ask them to accept you for the person you are . believe me it works!!!
All this how ever takes time . it took my wife and me six yrs before we decided to give each other space. marriage is an ongoing process needing a lot of work , one cant expect to walk away just cuz you are tired of it after a few yrs. you need time .:)

So go ahead give it a try , at the worst you will have a life experience , at the best someone to share your life with .:)
Sir with all due respect I was extremely truthful towards my wife, but things changed after 6-7 months so rapidly that even after asking for doing corrections, it went haywire. I don't have any hope left in this world anymore. Just doing my duty in personal life like monotonus job now. All hopes faded within two years of marriage.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom