What's new

Shireen Mazari beaten and arrested from her own home

HOMELATESTPAKISTANBUSINESSOPINION

Police officials beat, took away former human rights minister Shireen Mazari: daughter

Dawn.com | Munawer Azeem Published May 21, 2022 - Updated about a minute ago

Former human rights minister Shireen Mazari. — Photo via SSII/File

Former human rights minister and PTI leader Shireen Mazari was "beaten and taken away by male police officers", her daughter Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir tweeted on Saturday.
"All I have been told is that Anti-Corruption Wing Lahore has taken her."

Officials of the Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE) confirmed to Dawn.com that Shireen had been taken into custody.

They took the wrong woman.

Is the IHC giving out some sublimnal message or maybe atoning for their sins when they decide to hear cases concerning abduction of Shireen Mazari and freedom of speech case of Arshad Sharif at 11:30 at night. I presume institutions aren't immune to public pressure. I remember Haroon Ur Rasheed mentioning "self correcting mechanism" in institutions, maybe we are seeing that in action in IHC.

They probably arrested her but her daughter is a known liar so beating part it most likely made up

HOMELATESTPAKISTANBUSINESSOPINION

Police officials beat, took away former human rights minister Shireen Mazari: daughter

Dawn.com | Munawer Azeem Published May 21, 2022 - Updated about a minute ago

Former human rights minister and PTI leader Shireen Mazari was "beaten and taken away by male police officers", her daughter Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir tweeted on Saturday.
"All I have been told is that Anti-Corruption Wing Lahore has taken her."

Officials of the Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE) confirmed to Dawn.com that Shireen had been taken into custody.

This very sad , women officers should have accompanied police force to arrest the convict .

Back
Top Bottom