What's new

"Shining India, Swaggering India" - Times of India

Now u r trying to actually teach me about my own country instead of recognizing your own weakness. Now that explains why India is still stuck in time as the Africa of Asia. No hope!

Family in Singapore? Where? If they have been here for a century then they are Singaporean and our people. So don't use them as a measure for anything. Our citizens are our people no matter where they come from and they will be treated well always.
Majority of Singaporeans are Han Chinese yes, and they together with the rest of us Singaporeans are very polite to outsiders, despite what we feel. Unlike in Australia or some other places, we don't take out our resentment physically or even verbally. We'd rather be polite and ignore, but that doesn't mean the resentment isn't there. I have been nice to Indian nationals myself, but whenever I find their attitude intolerable, I just send in a letter to the authorities or make an official complaint. I don't go beat them up.

Sitting up there in the slums of Mumbai, please don't be telling me now how my country operates and what my people think of u. It just brings u people down lower by a few levels in our eyes.

No one wants to teach you about your country's history. But I seriously think you should revisit your school history books once again.

By the way, about your first point, who the hell are you to say India is Africa or whatever? Fact is we are the 3rd largest economy in Asia. Your's is a small drop in the ocean.

And Mumbai slums you say? LOL. These slums have an economy of 200 billion $, and your whole country is 250 billion $. Go figure.

And here's a tidbit for everyone: Singapore's flag carrier's second largest market is India and Changi airport lists Indians as one of the fastest growing tourist sources for Singaporean economy.

who the hell is hiding our problems...???

That article was written by an Indian in an Indian news paper and the OP is also an Indian....we dont hide our flaws...and certainly are not shameful our past, present or future....unlike certain people here.....

If u dont consider yourself an Indian,...we are all fine with that..but dont barge into the discussion and make stupid generalized statements and then say u know us because ur ethnicity is Indian/Tamil...because u r not..u r Singaporean who has a low self esteem and need a desperate approval from Chinese...

Not entirely, I also indicated I knew some of u guys from work. As for your Singaporean with low self esteem, LMAO, okay u know what, drop it. You guys will never understand Singaporeans just like how u think we won't understand Indians. Leave it at that. Your country your problem, I let u win. Call yourself shining or swaggering for all I care. We'd just deal with the bunch of u who come over here and flaunt it to our faces. Those will bear the brunt of our anger. Rest of u don't really matter. You are welcome to think what u'd like to.

@Loyus - Indian group dynamics at work, a few start trolling, one starts shouting, one finally thinks he grew a brain and tries making sense with nonsense. I've seen it all at work here with Indian teams assigned to handle a problem, and I'm seeing it on the thread. I'd just stick to talking to Pakistanis and Chinese, that experience is certainly alot better than what I'm having right now with Indians.

You will malign my culture and expect not to reply !!!!
You totally diverted the topic and ran away from the arguement !!1

Fact is you are a rootless fellow who can sacrifice anything .. anything .. to stay relevant !!!!

You do not deserve respect !!!

Do what u want man, call me insecure or whatever u want to call, I couldn't care less, u know why? On some other thread u guys say the same thing about Pakistanis when they got a beef with you. Somewhere else, u call the Chinese insecure, I've seen it all on this forum despite my short time here. So drop it lol. We've had like 2-3 pages of trolling and no discussion. Just PM me if you guys want to fight it out or something. I don't mind we take this elsewhere but enough on this page.

Do what u want man, call me insecure or whatever u want to call, I couldn't care less, u know why? On some other thread u guys say the same thing about Pakistanis when they got a beef with you. Somewhere else, u call the Chinese insecure, I've seen it all on this forum despite my short time here. So drop it lol. We've had like 2-3 pages of trolling and no discussion. Just PM me if you guys want to fight it out or something. I don't mind we take this elsewhere but enough on this page.

There's no shame to be proud of your ancestry, however fucked up that may be. There's place for everyone in the world, even for you! ;)

Not entirely, I also indicated I knew some of u guys from work. As for your Singaporean with low self esteem, LMAO, okay u know what, drop it. You guys will never understand Singaporeans just like how u think we won't understand Indians. Leave it at that. Your country your problem, I let u win. Call yourself shining or swaggering for all I care. We'd just deal with the bunch of u who come over here and flaunt it to our faces. Those will bear the brunt of our anger. Rest of u don't really matter. You are welcome to think what u'd like to.

U let us win !!! lol !!!! is this the best u got? I have known many indians who have visited Singapore and have very nice things to say about Singapore and Its people...but i guess they have not met people like u..rude, arrogant and extremely racist..
But that does not diminish my respect for Singapore or its people..
As for u.......shoo...shoo..go kid..go hide behind ur Chinese mommy....

There's no shame to be proud of your ancestry, however fucked up that may be. There's place for everyone in the world, even for you! ;)

I only need to be proud of my country. That's all there is to it.

I come back to this forum after a long time and i see immidietly the same thing that i left this forum for , A bunch of trolling , lying Chinese and Pakistani kids given a complete free run by Pakistani moderators and a genuinely good thread gone to the dogs .

And so i leave again , the state of affairs hasn't changed one bit , if only it has become worse .

TATA :wave:

@Indian members...don't get bogged down in a debate on ethnicity and nationality...stick to the topic please...

@jbond - Not all Tamils, that area the video was filmed has quite a few Tamil shops I believe and some money remittance area the guest Tamil workers use to send money. Other streets have other signs and languages. You might have also noticed some Chinese people in that video. Anyways, u guys have held me up here for too long. I'm gonna go read something else.

I don't know whether you are false flager or not but I learnt one thing today that people like you are the real reason to worry for Singapore.. You say there is no racism against Tamils and south Indians.. that was a farce as well as there are pretty good examples on google to prove you wrong.. I don't want to post them here..

In fact, I was surprised at your racism towards mainland Chinese as I thought you will be close at the least to someone but man o man, you are samples.. Being arrogant and racist in return are the only way to deal with the people of your league...

I only need to be proud of my country. That's all there is to it.

country or a 2X2 size room..

I don't know whether you are false flager or not but I learnt one thing today that people like you are the real reason to worry for Singapore.. You say there is no racism against Tamils and south Indians.. that was a farce as well as there are pretty good examples on google to prove you wrong.. I don't want to post them here..

In fact, I was surprised at your racism towards mainland Chinese as I thought you will be close at the least to someone but man o man, you are samples.. Being arrogant and racist in return are the only way to deal with the people of your league...

country or a 2X2 size room..

racism towards mainland Chinese - What racism did I show? And those people in that video at the beginning are Chinese Singaporeans. Some of them live in that area. What was racist about it. I pasted that video to draw attention to the comments over there that explain what exactly is 'Indian Singaporean' by our government's definition. There is nothing else to that video really and it's harmless.

country or a 2X2 size room.. - Yes it's a room. We are small, we know our limitations, and despite that setback we have worked magic and wonders. We are in the top 10 in almost every single list out there and we boast a quality of life way higher than yours. Don't like this 'room', don't come here and ask your kin and kith to remain in the slums over there.

wonderful thread.....sad demise...
off topic : i have seen many pakistani, chinese etc ppl complaining indians here are always chest thumping (as if they dont) about its achievements n quite conviniently hiding/ denying their shortcomings and more often than not, its true. hence, i thought that this article would be welcome by the aforementioned as a new beginning. instead, unfortunately, things went on like as usual. usual fanboyism degraded to personal insults.

my msg to the offended singaporeans : yes sir, ur country n society are next to heaven on earth and u guys are doing us a great favor by simply letting us ( the poor, illiterate, igrorant n arrogant indians) inside ur country. ur inputs to this discussions are not welcome.

to my fellow countrymen : its good to stand up when ur country's honor is at stake, but stooping to the level of the offender is pointless n unacceptable. let them speak all the nonsense they want.

the purpose of the topic was to recognise a shortcoming that we r facing and discuss over how we can tackle it not resort to personal namecalling. same goes to non indians.

baajey, I agree with you and don't want to continue this stupid conversation, so deleted my comment.

yeah...real convinient and real tough son...sitting some 2000 kms away and talking about taking the fight "elsewhere".

besides, all this heat coming from singapore?!?! are you kidding me...who or what the f@#K are you? and explain to me how you are relevant. an ordinary indian joint family is bigger than your entire population...i can understand the chinese and pak friends ranting on...

you guys (singaporeans?! - **** is that how you refer to people from that little stretch of land) are like the garnish over a nice juicy steak...without the meat you are just a bunch of colorful leaves...

racism towards mainland Chinese - What racism did I show? And those people in that video at the beginning are Chinese Singaporeans. Some of them live in that area. What was racist about it. I pasted that video to draw attention to the comments over there that explain what exactly is 'Indian Singaporean' by our government's definition. There is nothing else to that video really and it's harmless.

country or a 2X2 size room.. - Yes it's a room. We are small, we know our limitations, and despite that setback we have worked magic and wonders. We are in the top 10 in almost every single list out there and we boast a quality of life way higher than yours. Don't like this 'room', don't come here and ask your kin and kith to remain in the slums over there.

I don't want to get into this idiotic discussion(from all sides) but just want to bring a small thing to your notice...The bold part is as stupid as one can get...It is your country and if you have problems go ask your country to stop these slum folks from entering in there, no??? It is quiet logical that a person who is living in slums will try and improve his/her living standard in whatever possible mean, no???....

b/w this logic that companies outsource there work only because India is a cheap labor destination is nothing but a big farce...Only idiots can believe in that line.....No one is even bothering to think why the cost is cheaper in India?? It is a big pity that in today's global world you guys(again people from all sides) talk rubbish of this level !!

Back
Top Bottom