What's new

Shining India: Dalit not allowed to Cycle in the "upper caste" areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Pakistan or Islam has a caste system.

Neither did I so why were the dalit hindus based in your country not given flood aid or allowed in camps which had muslims?

once i went to a mass with a freind the pastur there said in chirstianity there is no dalit or low caste all are equal to god but still???

Why should they? As far as I know Christianity have no caste system. Once converted they are just Christian or Muslim or Buddhist or whatever religion he chose to covert.

They are a community if you convert it does not change who you are if that was the case why did the dalit Christians face discrimination?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

India: 1,000 Dalit Christians Reconvert to Hinduism , Christian News

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Christian Dalits in Tamil Nadu state are said to face caste discrimination. Upper caste Christians clashed with lower Dalit Christians just last month when police had to intervene. Two people died as a result of the conflict. The tension between the two groups of Catholics, Dalits and non-Dalits, is so bad that they have separate cemeteries, and in church, separate pews.

Neither did I so why were the dalit hindus based in your country not given flood aid or allowed in camps which had muslims?

it's common practice to lie about not receiving any aid. hindus and muslims do it.

it's common practice to lie about not receiving any aid. hindus and muslims do it.

The worlds media was there during the floods and saw the truth where hindus were given flood aid last even your own Pakistani newspapers reported so

They are a community if you convert it does not change who you are if that was the case why did the dalit Christians face discrimination?

My problem is they are still using 'Dalit' word which is based on Hindu caste system.

Despite torrential rains, majority of these Hindu Dalits in Badin district continue to live in open sky as they were not allowed accommodation in the private/self-built relief camps of Muslims.

No relief for Sindh

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

My problem is they are still using 'Dalit' word which is based on Hindu caste system.

Yep so even after converting the upper caste Christians still discriminated aganist their lower caste dalit Christian brothers thats my point shows caste system is alive and kicking in all religions

I dont think Pakistan or Islam has a caste system.

Dude dont lie, its internet age. You still follow Indian traditions, Choorha/Chamaar/Mochi (Subcastes of Dalit) are discriminated in Pakistan. Caste system is very popular in Pakistan, infact more than India. You have regular clashes between Jatts and Rajputs in AJK. Even after conversion to Islam, populace prefers to be indentified with province and caste.

is it really a caste system?

as he points out later, qoums are not castes, he just refers to them as castes.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Dude dont lie, its internet age. You still follow Indian traditions, Choorha/Chamaar/Mochi (Subcastes of Dalit) are discriminated in Pakistan. Caste system is very popular in Pakistan, infact more than India. You have regular clashes between Jatts and Rajputs in AJK. Even after conversion to Islam, populace prefers to be indentified with province and caste.

There's discrimination in Pakistan. That's not a caste system though. It comes from individual minds.

I saw the Pakistani film Ramchand Pakistani in which the the female lead is a Hindu and was refered by Muslim characters as 'Achooth' or untouchable.

is it really a caste system?

as he points out later, qoums are not castes, he just refers to them as castes.

The bad part about caste systems is that certain sect of people are limited to certain level of occupation , social amenities and privileges .

In the above case its occupation.

The worlds media was there during the floods and saw the truth where hindus were given flood aid last even your own Pakistani newspapers reported so

give a link when you're back. i doubt every single Hindu was given flood aid last.

There's discrimination in Pakistan. That's not a caste system though. It comes from individual minds.

The question is how much differnce is there

For instance how different is a Thakur in an Indian village committing atrocities on lower caste people different from some landlord in Pakistan mistreating the poorer villagers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom