What's new

Shining India: Dalit not allowed to Cycle in the "upper caste" areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is not the controlling, rather than of mentality. By 2030? That is not even possible till 5030.

Lolz at 99%, dalits are around 170 Million in India which constitutes around 14% to 15% of total indian population.

Do you think this mentality doesn't exists in Muslims of Pakistan ??

How many times you see a Rajput muslims or a Syed marrying a chammar muslim ??

Caste system exist among most religions of the sub Continent- be it Hindu , muslim , Christians or Sikhs etc.

Peoples behavior can't be changed overnight .

But indian constitution doesn't negatively discriminate against lower castes . In fact it makes positive discrimination by providing huge reservation quotas to lower caste communities in education instututes and govt jobs.

10 or 15 years back when there used to be bad news they said like a person assulted or so but now if he heppens to be a dalit they say a dalit assulted and all media goes nuts

Secular India???

You guys need to learn what a secular State actually means. Those words are thrown around too frequently on this forum.

Secular state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is just idiotic. It will take another generation for the caste system to disappear.

Well... yeah we have to remember, modern India has only been around for 60 odd years so the first generation is still quite backward. I've even observed it within my own family where the older Aunties and Uncles are more religious whereas me and my cousins just don't care.

The real issue is in the rural areas I think where people aren't properly educated.

one of my friend paid 1 lakh rupees to get OBC certification...
do pakistani friends here know fee structure in indian colleges?
in my college open caste had to pay 40000-10000 Rs per year...OBC had to pay 20000-40000 per year...and NT people had to pay 700-1500 per year...

But this also is discrimination! This just emphasizes the difference is caste. Things like college fees should be income dependent.
Positive discrimination just feeds tension between groups.

exactli this was our demand during mandal agitation but for so called(samajik nyay)aka vote bank nothin happend

Why is everybody so defensive in these kind of threads?
If person 1 from country a makes a thread saying "this and this is wrong in country b" the response from person 2 from country b is always "this and that is wrong in country a".
Instead of focussing on the issue treads always get derailed by those responses and become your sh*t smells worse than my sh*t accusations.

If person 1 from country a makes a thread saying "this and this is wrong in country b" the response from person 2 from country b is always "this and that is wrong in country a".
Instead of focussing on the issue treads always get derailed by those responses and become your sh*t smells worse than my sh*t accusations.

If Pakistan does not even look after its own dalits who were not allowed entry into muslim camps during the floods why point fingers at India?

true but you cant blame them...the people who posts such things get too much offensive by completely ignoring the situation in their own country...this is hypocrisy at its best..last thing we need is being lectured about secularism by a country who has rain of blood everyday..

Because people love to generalise us Indians and make us all evil boo boos! :lol:

nobody i mean nobody in india atleast in delhi &NCR region can even call dalit a low caste has anyone seen that scene in movie eklavaya where sanjay dutt tells boman consicunces of calling him low caste

i agree with you and i disagree with you...positive discrimination was needed badly when india got independence..but after sixty years of independence one can see that many lower caste people are enjoying good positions in government institutions and yet there children are given reservation in marks and fees while those living in rural areas are not getting benefited by it...so according to me urban lower caste people are the ones who discriminate the rural lower caste people by claiming what they should not..

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

lol more than 70% of government jobs are reserved for lower caste community..they get promoted faster than open caste community...it took nine years for my father to get promotion after passing exam while his other friends from lower caste community got promoted in just a year.
Positive discrimination, although well meant by those impoosing it, i.m.h.o. is never good in the long run.
Take your fathers example. If that happens 5 times to him, he's not going to look positively towards the lower castes, especially is that means he doen't get promoted 2 or 3 times because of positive discrimination.

^^If not for the private sector which recruits on merit bases, there would have been a huge social problem in India.

Because people love to generalise us Indians and make us all evil boo boos! :lol:
Mind you, I did not specify country a and country b. It's not just Indians or Pakistani or Chinese or ....
Problem is, seldom have I seen threads started by person 1 from country a saying "this and that is wrong in country a".
Maybe I should start a thread saying what's wrong in the Netherlands, but I can't start threads and in the grand scheme of problems around the world mine are just tiny.

Positive discrimination, although well meant by those impoosing it, i.m.h.o. is never good in the long run.
Take your fathers example. If that happens 5 times to him, he's not going to look positively towards the lower castes, especially is that means he doen't get promoted 2 or 3 times because of positive discrimination.

fact is most of the higher caste people are well aware of the fact that our ancestors did discriminate lower caste people...this caste gap is slowly getting bridged nowadays...intercaste marriages are a common scene and nobody is complaining..

Mind you, I did not specify country a and country b. It's not just Indians or Pakistani or Chinese or ....
Problem is, seldom have I seen threads started by person 1 from country a saying "this and that is wrong in country a".
Maybe I should start a thread saying what's wrong in the Netherlands, but I can't start threads and in the grand scheme of problems around the world mine are just tiny.

To be honest I was was quite taken back too when I joined the forum but after a while you begin to realize that this isn't a forum, it's a virtual battlefield. :rofl:

(Some discussions are very interesting though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom