What's new

Shining India: Dalit not allowed to Cycle in the "upper caste" areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC News - Pakistan floods: BBC reporter joins relief air mission

Pakistan is the last country on earth to talk about minority rights

"He was OK before," said Ghehnu," but when the rains started he got sick. If we had money we would bring him to a doctor. But we are poor. I am worried for my son but what can I do?"

Ghehnu is a lower caste Hindu, like many other flood victims in the area. Religious minorities expect to be last on the list when there is aid to be given out.

It has been two weeks since local officials evacuated families from Ghehnu's flooded village, and deposited them in Badin.

The villagers have not seen them since.

Land of the pure aint looking so pure no more

Any relation of your post to thread. If you got offended, please open a new thread on the issues relating to Pakistan.

caste system is never going to disappear unless people start following vedas and give up their surnames..

Sorry I meant to say "the vices of caste system" not the caste system itself.

Islam must not be dragged in , lets talk about dalits and the oppression of the high caste hindu society in hindustan.

Thats the only thing u want to talk about...No one says there is no social issue in india,..but it is not institutionalized unlike urs.. there are lot of programmes by Govt and NGO's...but remember we are 1.2 BILLION ppl...it will take time..a lot of time...

Any relation of your post to thread. If you got offended, please open a new thread on the issues relating to Pakistan.

Just showing the land of the pure is no better you do the same to dalits in your country

give me one section in indian constitution that is against dalits? indian constitution itself is written by a scholar dalit...
I am sure that actions will be taken against those who divide people on basis of caste...because it is what our constitution teaches us and that is why India is secular...not because some guys treat dalits badly...

If it is so, then people discriminating dalits should be trialed for violation of constitution, as whatever is written is just written and entirely different from ground realities.

Any discrimination based on caste is illegal and there are harsh laws to deal with such practices. Even verbally making casteist comments sends one to jail. About half of police, judiciary, bureaucracy etc is from lower castes as they have 50% reservation.

Every such act is illegal and has no place in the idea of india and hence thanks for your concern but our constutition, law and ideals are indeed shining, otherwise you would find us debating our constutiton and laws all the time like it happens in some neighborhood countries. Thank you come again.

But we don't claim to be secular :lol:

But that goes aganist Pakistani law that all are equal hindus and muslims regardless of faith :disagree:

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Being secular is a mindset no one can make you 'secular'

caste system in india is almost gone as more & more pepple in cities dont care about it it may be still alive in some rural pocets latest example last bihar election results

BBC News - Pakistan floods: BBC reporter joins relief air mission

Pakistan is the last country on earth to talk about minority rights

"He was OK before," said Ghehnu," but when the rains started he got sick. If we had money we would bring him to a doctor. But we are poor. I am worried for my son but what can I do?"

Ghehnu is a lower caste Hindu, like many other flood victims in the area. Religious minorities expect to be last on the list when there is aid to be given out.

It has been two weeks since local officials evacuated families from Ghehnu's flooded village, and deposited them in Badin.

The villagers have not seen them since.

Land of the pure aint looking so pure no more

Stop trolling, and flooding the thread with your links.

Stop trolling, and flooding the thread with your links.

He is showing that it only doesnt happen in India.

And the OP is Pakistani and should think twice before posting such stuff, when it clearly happens to his nation.

In fact Yati, I believe that BBC article, deserves its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom