What's new

Shining India: Dalit not allowed to Cycle in the "upper caste" areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad part about caste systems is that certain sect of people are limited to certain level of occupation , social amenities and privileges .

In the above case its occupation.

so what? how did Jana become a journalist?

people might do the same jobs their ancestors did because they feel like it, but they are probably don't have to.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

wiki is a great link and usually incorrect.

how is shia and sunni a caste then?

is it really a caste system?

as he points out later, qoums are not castes, he just refers to them as castes.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

There's discrimination in Pakistan. That's not a caste system though. It comes from individual minds.

I have heard about Ashrafs and Ajlafs...
------------------------------------------
do you think caste system is part of hinduism?
class system is part of hinduism and it was based on worth and not on birth..but being at least 5000 years old religion has introduced many ill things in hinduism like birth based caste system..

The question is how much differnce is there

For instance how different is a Thakur in an Indian village committing atrocities on lower caste people different from some landlord in Pakistan mistreating the poorer villagers?

it's the same i suppose from a judicial view.

but one is a caste system, the other is not.

so what? how did Jana become a journalist?

By caste system rules i'm supposed to be a temple priest , but i'm an IT consultant .

As for Jana case , can't tell since i have limited knowledge about her background.

people might do the same jobs their ancestors did because they are so inclined, but they are probably don't have to.

:tup: However in areas beyond law's reach such traditions continue.

class system is part of hinduism and it was based on worth and not on birth..but being at least 5000 years old religion has introduced many ill things in hinduism like birth based caste system..
whats Ashrafs and Ajlafs

whats Ashrafs and Ajlafs

Ashrafs claim a superior status derived from their foreign ancestry.The non-Ashrafs are assumed to be converts from Hinduism, and are therefore drawn from the indigenous population. They, in turn, are divided into a number of occupational castes

you're saying the caste system is not part of Hinduism?

explain more on this theory.

Ashrafs claim a superior status derived from their foreign ancestry.The non-Ashrafs are assumed to be converts from Hinduism, and are therefore drawn from the indigenous population. They, in turn, are divided into a number of occupational castes
I see but is there any discrimination as here on this forum many guys proudly say they are rajputs , jats and some even use Rao which are basically hindu castes

you're saying the caste system is not part of Hinduism?

It is was never part of ancient vedic religion from which todays hinduism is derived..
there was class system based on one's profession..a son of brahmin could become vaishya and son of vaishya could become brahmin after completion of his gurukul education...but over these years(and that would be thousands of years) things changed and class system became birth based caste system...the biggest disgrace ever..i can give you many verses from vedas to prove this.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I see but is there any discrimination as here on this forum many guys proudly say they are rajputs , jats and some even use Rao which are basically hindu castes

these ashrafs and ajlafs have sub sections withing them too..

The problem does exist and needs to be addressed.
This caste system is really a bane for our country.

Yes the Caste System should be removed. And all Indians should be treated equal !

Caste System caused many students to commit suicide :

Cases of lower caste student suicide in India
BBC News - Cases of lower caste student suicide in India

In the past four years there have been 18 cases of suicide by lower caste students in India.

Families of the students say harassment based on their low caste status was the main reason that drove them to take their own lives.

It is was never part of ancient vedic religion from which todays hinduism is derived..
there was class system based on one's profession..a son of brahmin could become vaishya and son of vaishya could become brahmin after completion of his gurukul education...but over these years(and that would be thousands of years) things changed and class system became birth based caste system...the biggest disgrace ever..i can give you many verses from vedas to prove this.
yes thars true during mahabharat bheeshm coverted shakuni's father caste(vaishya)to a khatriya on some bet about a horse

yes thars true during mahabharat bheeshm coverted shakuni's father caste(vaishya)to a khatriya on some bet about a horse

a. Aitareya Rishi was son of a Daasa or criminal but became a Brahmin of highest order and wrote Aitareya Brahman and Aitareyopanishad. Aitareya Brahman is considered critical to understand Rigveda.
b. Ailush Rishi was son of a Daasi, gambler and of low character. However he researched on Rigveda and made several discoveries. Not only was he invited by Rishis but also made an Acharya. (Aitareya Brahman 2.19)
c. Satyakaam Jaabaal was son of a prostitute but became a Brahmin.
d. Prishadh was son of King Daksha but became a Shudra. Further he did Tapasya to achieve salvation after repenting.
(Vishnu Puran 4.1.14)
Had Tapasya been banned for Shudra as per the fake story from Uttar Ramayan, how could Prishadh do so?
e. Nabhag, soon of King Nedishtha became Vaishya. Many of his sons again became Kshatriya. (Vishnu Puran 4.1.13)
f. Dhrist was son of Nabhag (Vaishya) but became Brahmin and his son became Kshatriya (VP 4.2.2)
g. Further in his generation, some became Brahmin again (VP 9.2.23)
h. As per Bhagvat, Agniveshya became Brahmin though born to a king.
i. Rathotar born in Kshatriya family became a Brahmin as per Vishnu Puran and Bhagvat.
j. Haarit became Brahmin though born to Kshatriya (VP 4.3.5)
k. Shaunak became Brahmin though born in Kshatriya family. (VP 4.8.1). In fact, as per Vayu Puran, Vishnu Puran and Harivansh Puran, sons of Shaunak Rishi belonged to all four Varnas.
Similar examples exist of Gritsamad, Veethavya and Vritsamati.
l. Matanga was son of Chandal but became a Brahmin.
m. Raavan was born from Pulatsya Rishi but became a Rakshas.
n. Pravriddha was son of Raghu King but became a Rakshas.
o. Trishanku was a king but became a Chandal
p. Sons of Vishwamitra became Shudra. Vishwamitra himself was a Kshatriya who later became a Brahmin.
q. Vidur was son of a servant but became a Brahmin and minister of Hastinapur empire.

a. Aitareya Rishi was son of a Daasa or criminal but became a Brahmin of highest order and wrote Aitareya Brahman and Aitareyopanishad. Aitareya Brahman is considered critical to understand Rigveda.
b. Ailush Rishi was son of a Daasi, gambler and of low character. However he researched on Rigveda and made several discoveries. Not only was he invited by Rishis but also made an Acharya. (Aitareya Brahman 2.19)
c. Satyakaam Jaabaal was son of a prostitute but became a Brahmin.
d. Prishadh was son of King Daksha but became a Shudra. Further he did Tapasya to achieve salvation after repenting.
(Vishnu Puran 4.1.14)
Had Tapasya been banned for Shudra as per the fake story from Uttar Ramayan, how could Prishadh do so?
thanks a lot i never knew so much thanks again
e. Nabhag, soon of King Nedishtha became Vaishya. Many of his sons again became Kshatriya. (Vishnu Puran 4.1.13)
f. Dhrist was son of Nabhag (Vaishya) but became Brahmin and his son became Kshatriya (VP 4.2.2)
g. Further in his generation, some became Brahmin again (VP 9.2.23)
h. As per Bhagvat, Agniveshya became Brahmin though born to a king.
i. Rathotar born in Kshatriya family became a Brahmin as per Vishnu Puran and Bhagvat.
j. Haarit became Brahmin though born to Kshatriya (VP 4.3.5)
k. Shaunak became Brahmin though born in Kshatriya family. (VP 4.8.1). In fact, as per Vayu Puran, Vishnu Puran and Harivansh Puran, sons of Shaunak Rishi belonged to all four Varnas.
Similar examples exist of Gritsamad, Veethavya and Vritsamati.
l. Matanga was son of Chandal but became a Brahmin.
m. Raavan was born from Pulatsya Rishi but became a Rakshas.
n. Pravriddha was son of Raghu King but became a Rakshas.
o. Trishanku was a king but became a Chandal
p. Sons of Vishwamitra became Shudra. Vishwamitra himself was a Kshatriya who later became a Brahmin.
q. Vidur was son of a servant but became a Brahmin and minister of Hastinapur empire.
THANKS A LOT SIR u gave me so much i never knew thanks again SIR

there was class system based on one's profession..a son of brahmin could become vaishya and son of vaishya could become brahmin after completion of his gurukul education...but over these years(and that would be thousands of years) things changed and class system became birth based caste system...the biggest disgrace ever..i can give you many verses from vedas to prove this

today's hinduism is not derived from the rig veda though. it is derived from the manusmrti, the mahabharata, the ayur veda, the rig veda etc.

it's texts such as the manusmrti and mahabharata and some others that state caste. that is what many indians follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom