What's new

Shiela Dixit Resigns as Delhi CM

Foo_Fighter

Reaction score
:cheers: First wicket down:

11.55 am: Sheila Dikshit resigns as CM Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has sent her resignation as Chief Minister to the Lt General of Delhi, according to the latest reports. The three time Chief Minister is set to lose the New Delhi constituency as well, as she is trailing AAP's Kejriwal by a significant number of reports. Meanwhile reason to worry for the BJP - their leads have dropped again. They now only lead in 32 seats. The magic number, as we have kept reiterating, is 36.

Delhi election result live: Sheila Dikshit resigns as CM | Firstpost

upload_2013-12-8_12-2-41.png

Can I have your attention please @Guynextdoor2

Attachments

• upload_2013-12-8_12-1-7.png
    upload_2013-12-8_12-1-7.png
    522.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Actually I think AAP actually saved congress.. All those anti congress vote went to AAP rather than congress, otherwise, BJP would have more seats than this and congress would have ended with 1-2 seats.

not really. Chattisgarh seems to be a spanner in the works! Hope things would change dramatically...
I think Chattisgarh will got Congress... again the Tribal politics comes to play over development ...

I thought your elections were next year.

Is that for the PM race and CM ones or is this only for a few states. if so, I did not know that some states have earlier election cycles on statewide positions.

I am clueless how your elections work.

I think Chattisgarh will got Congress... again the Tribal politics comes to play over development ...
well congress is getting sympathy votes over there ...remember assasination of congress leaders ??

I thought your elections were next year.

Is that for the PM race and CM ones or is this only for a few states. if so, I did not know that some states have earlier election cycles on statewide positions.

I am clueless how your elections work.
Individual states go to election when the tenure of the govt is over( or there is no coalition/party that can form a govt). If it coincides with national general election, then they are held together.
In this case, 4 state govts finished their tenure and went to election. The election commission decides on the dates based on availabilty of security forces among other to manage the elections properly.

state election elects MLAs who after election select their leader who will become CM. (who has the support of maximum number of MLAs)
National election elects MPs(member of lower house of parliament to be precise) who after election select their leader who becomes PM.(who has support of maximum number of MPs)

Usually the party that wins maximum seats are invited to form govt.

Individual states go to election when the tenure of the govt is over( or there is no coalition/party that can form a govt). If it coincides with national general election, then they are held together.
In this case, 4 state govts finished their tenure and went to election. The election commission decides on the dates based on availabilty of security forces among other to manage the elections properly.

state election elects MLAs who after election select their leader who will become CM. (who has the support of maximum number of MLAs)
National election elects MPs(member of lower house of parliament to be precise) who after election select their leader who becomes PM.(who has support of maximum number of MPs)

Usually the party that wins maximum seats are invited to form govt.

Thanks. btw why did she resign ... or how can she resign before the counts are in. I would imagine- That is pretty weak thing to do i.e. to leave the state without a head through this process yeah?

There is a transition process, even if she lost, that would be considered important for the state. That is pretty c r a p p y thing to do IMO

Thanks. btw why did she resign ... or how can she resign before the counts are in. I would imagine- That is pretty weak thing to do i.e. to leave the state without a head through this process yeah?

There is transition process even if she lost that would be considered important for the state. That is pretty c r a p p y thing to do IMO
lolz .. no.. she accepted her defeat and resigned. Its a normal thing to do.
Governor (or lt governor in case of delhi as it is not a full state) will invite the new combination to form govt soon.

lolz .. no.. she accepted her defeat and resigned. Its a normal thing to do.
Governor (or lt governor in case of delhi as it is not a full state) will invite the new combination to form govt soon.

But the results are not in... allow me to explain why i asked.

In the US_ you have elections where the incumbent politician waits either for the official results or 90 plus percentage are in- and then give his/her " concession" speech.

However, losing does not mean they no longer have the seat. They continue to have the seat for a few weeks .

These few weeks is called a transition period, where the outgoing politician and his team helps the incoming one setup things ( plus unless swore in, the new incoming person can't take up the seat).

during this period the outgoing politician is still responsible to fulfill his duty as a rep of the people for that seat.

Do you have a transition period? This Lady seems to have left before official results.

Back
Top Bottom