What's new

Shiela Dixit Resigns as Delhi CM

:cheers: First wicket down:

11.55 am: Sheila Dikshit resigns as CM Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has sent her resignation as Chief Minister to the Lt General of Delhi, according to the latest reports. The three time Chief Minister is set to lose the New Delhi constituency as well, as she is trailing AAP's Kejriwal by a significant number of reports. Meanwhile reason to worry for the BJP - their leads have dropped again. They now only lead in 32 seats. The magic number, as we have kept reiterating, is 36.

Delhi election result live: Sheila Dikshit resigns as CM | Firstpost

View attachment 11430

Can I have your attention please @Guynextdoor2

Dishonourable Ms Shelia ji
Apne ko 15 sal Mein mere Delhi ki Maa-Bhen ke ki hai woh ham kabhi nahi bulenge
With the funding & time you had Delhi would have been transformed into Beijing
See you in hell :wave:

But the results are not in... allow me to explain why i asked.

In the US_ you have elections where the incumbent politician waits either for the official results or 90 plus percentage are in- and then give his/her " concession" speech.

However, losing does not mean they no longer have the seat. They continue to have the seat for a few weeks .

These few weeks is called a transition period, where the outgoing politician and his team helps the incoming one setup things ( plus unless swore in, the new incoming person can't take up the seat).

during this period the outgoing politician is still responsible to fulfill his duty as a rep of the people for that seat.

Do you have a transition period? This Lady seems to have left before official results.
I am not really sure, can anybody else clarify.
As per my knowledge, she ceases to be a CM as soon as lt governor accepts her resignation. Its governor rule till next CM is sworn in.
There is no help needed to setup as beurocracy remains same. What exactly will new CM or members need to know from previous one?

How does your state election and national election work btw. We have a central govt appointed governor who is the constitutional figurehead of state. (similar to President of India)

I would be happy if AAP wins Delhi.....

Last edited:
Guys can anyone explain the significance of this to a simpleton like me? And what was the general perception of Sheila Dixit?

AAP should have been the majority, Delhi should have voted for the the guys and girls who have sacrificed thier own carrers for the greater good of the people.... Arvinds rise is a wake up call to all the political parties, the youth is rising, old corrupt leaders need to watch out, this is just an early warning, even for Modi, if modi doesn't deliver, people won't flinch to opt for massive change; nation wide...

AAP should have been the majority, Delhi should have voted for the the guys and girls who have sacrificed thier own carrers for the greater good of the people.... Arvinds rise is a wake up call to all the political parties, the youth is rising, old corrupt leaders need to watch out, this is just an early warning, even for Modi, if modi doesn't deliver, people won't flinch to opt for massive change; nation wide...
Let's hope this is the case. True accountability has been lacking in Indian politics for too long

Guys can anyone explain the significance of this to a simpleton like me? And what was the general perception of Sheila Dixit?
Anti-Incumbency+ massive awareness of Inaction and meek policy matters+ Subsidies amounting to suspect corruption to power companies + Incapacitated Delhi police force + Rampant culture of mobster mentality of local political cadre led to M/S Dikshit's well deserved fall,

Anti-Incumbency+ massive awareness of Inaction and meek policy matters+ Subsidies amounting to suspect corruption to power companies + Incapacitated Delhi police force + Rampant culture of mobster mentality of local political cadre led to M/S Dikshit's well deserved fall,
Well then, it looks like she got what she deserved!

This was mostly the result of anti incumbency against union not against state government headed by the same party

Let's hope this is the case. True accountability has been lacking in Indian politics for too long
I envy the courage and conviction of Arvind Kejriwal, If I had the 10% of his convictions and optimism to leave my comforts here and stand in the crowd for such cause, it would be a endeavor worth my existence. All i could do is donate some money to his effort, and I hope everyone who recognized his efforts and didn't share his courage should have played their part to at least cast a vote to AAP.

AAP has started as every political endeavor should, i think Anna and his team should endorse him and now launch a massive nation wide campaign... Who know's if the nation shows more faith in the effort, even I may renounce my pessimism and stand in the crowd with AAP

she was stubborn and she was lazy as all congressi's are when it comes to public safety and infrastructure development. Most of the main developmental projects were kick started by BJP about 15 years ago.

Shiela ki jawani nahi rahi abb... :lol:

This is politics and serving a country , mentally one will never age in this field :)......Physically, In this age of technology people can stay young for long, there are various ways :P.

Back
Top Bottom