What's new

Shiekh Rasheed Interview with Sami Ibrahim | May 3 2022

This is very nice but does not lend itself to a survivable FP for Pakistan when push comes to shove.

I would like us to take IK's stand and pressure test that by taking his policy back to post 9/11 period. Replace Musharraf with IK and suggest what IK would have done when the call from Amreeka came i.e. "you are with us or against us".

What amazing option was IK going to spring up? Was he going to say no? Has any PTI-wala thought about the ramifications of saying no then? Could IK have said "Pakistan has nothing to do with this war" when Taliban were supported by Pakistan and hosting AQ in their country? I mean who are we trying to kid with these claims?

I honestly believe that IK has thanked his lucky stars that he was not in the hot-seat when the angry, red in the face Americans came calling post 9/11. He had no options back then to deny the Americans and he has found out that even now, Pakistan's options are extremely limited.

I know members, specially PTI ones, don't want to hear this but this is the reality of the situation. You all can curse the military and the establishment for whatever you desire, but IK knew these realities just as well. Relations with the US are a must for Pakistan and there is no alternate for the next some years.
Things have changed since 9/11. An Asian bloc that can challenge the west can validly be formed. If it wasn't possible, the West wouldn't be doing summersaults to avoid Pakistan becoming a part of it.

Also, when IK came on, the US could have come to Pakistan's economic aid. They didn't and China did. Siding with US has become this: you side against us, we will pummel you; you side with us, we are gonna let you drown anyway.

But that isn't propagating to the masses.
How else can one possibly propagate to masses? Stating in jalsas is the very definition of propagating to masses.

Today's interview of Sheikh Rashid with Sami Ibrahim....

Watch from 32:14

"The only problem is that institution wants to stay with US and they say that IMF will give us money whereas you want to go with Russia and take gas/oil @ 30% less and you want to go with China & CPEC. This is the only problem"

Things have started to come out in the open confirming that our institution wants to stay as the lapdog of US and don't want to have an independent dignified position on the world stage. The real question is why?

1. Dollar Khori - Institution has been addicted to dollars after war on terror and the huge influx of non-audited dollars received from US. As it has been stopped so they are behaving like an addict without his fix.

2. Personal Interests - Personal interests of top generals and core commanders. Their children studying here, living there, doing businesses there, and the general themselves want to have a lavish retired life in the west.

3. Resistance to Change - Since last 70 years Pakistan has been aligned with US and the institution don't want to change the direction towards Russia & China. Don't know what kind of ally we were though considering Pak was one of the most heavily US sanctioned and droned country. US back stabbed Pakistan and left it high n dry everytime their interest was over.

And as if doing Amreeka's ghulami has paid dividends on par with South Korea, Turkey, Israel, Vietnam, Philippines, etc.

Things have changed since 9/11. An Asian bloc that can challenge the west can validly be formed. If it wasn't possible, the West wouldn't be doing summersaults to avoid Pakistan becoming a part of it.

Also, when IK came on, the US could have come to Pakistan's economic aid. They didn't and China did. Siding with US has become this: you side against us, we will pummel you; you side with us, we are gonna let you drown anyway.
Had there been a possibility, SCO would have already been in place and protecting Russian, Chinese, and Pakistani interests against encroachment by AUKUS, QUAD, NATO, India etc. So "can be" etc. is not a valid consideration in the calculus of our military/FO establishment and very rightly so too.

With US, as the world's pre-eminent power, we unfortunately don't get to set the agenda. Our value to the US/West has declined with the end of the Afghan war. That was our leverage and now we have none. India has the China leverage so they milk it. We don't so we can't.

0123.jpg

Had there been a possibility, SCO would have already been in place and protecting Russian, Chinese, and Pakistani interests against encroachment by AUKUS, QUAD, NATO, India etc. So "can be" etc. is not a valid consideration in the calculus of our military/FO establishment and very rightly so too.

With US, as the world's pre-eminent power, we unfortunately don't get to set the agenda. Our value to the US/West has declined with the end of the Afghan war. That was our leverage and now we have none. India has the China leverage so they milk it. We don't so we can't.
If you are a key founding member of a bloc, "can be" has to be a valid consideration.

Also, if you don't have any leverage left, that is the perfect time to align yourself with parties with whom your interests are naturally aligned.

A couple of esteemed members here, don't know what they are high on. For a thousandth time, Imran Khan is neither anti-US himself nor trying to sell this narrative to the public. He is Pro-Pakistan. If you are so naïve to not understand the difference between these two, it just shows immaturity.

The world is becoming multipolar and US is going nuts trying to keep their hold on some nations which in the past had been toeing their line, Pakistan being one of them. Imran khan just wants to break this vicious cycle while still maintaining broad based relations.

Imran Khan's economic policies started to bear fruit, our GDP was increasing, CAD was decreasing, exports skyrocketed.

And then BAM! Puppet government planted. Why? Because local western puppets were scared that West will confiscate their bank accounts and wealth like Russian oligarchs post Ukraine war.

This is very nice but does not lend itself to a survivable FP for Pakistan when push comes to shove.

I would like us to take IK's stand and pressure test that by taking his policy back to post 9/11 period. Replace Musharraf with IK and suggest what IK would have done when the call from Amreeka came i.e. "you are with us or against us".

What amazing option was IK going to spring up? Was he going to say no? Has any PTI-wala thought about the ramifications of saying no then? Could IK have said "Pakistan has nothing to do with this war" when Taliban were supported by Pakistan and hosting AQ in their country? I mean who are we trying to kid with these claims?

I honestly believe that IK has thanked his lucky stars that he was not in the hot-seat when the angry, red in the face Americans came calling post 9/11. He had no options back then to deny the Americans and he has found out that even now, Pakistan's options are extremely limited.

I know members, specially PTI ones, don't want to hear this but this is the reality of the situation. You all can curse the military and the establishment for whatever you desire, but IK knew these realities just as well. Relations with the US are a must for Pakistan and there is no alternate for the next some years if not decades.
May I remind there're 50 shades of gray b/w Yes and No as far as the international diplomacy is concerned! And, it requires a "Civil Mindset" to get there. For a reason, top military officers in the USA are sent to the Harvard to develop that....

To the best of my knowledge Musharraf never attended a prestigious Western University, but IK did. No wonder they want to see Bajwa across the table, not IK....

India is now paying 35$ per barrel for Russian crude. The US is happy for Putin to sell his national treasure at fire sale prices :lol:

its win-win for India and the US

Amid mounting pressure from isolating sanctions imposed by the US, UK and EU among others on Russia, a Bloomberg report has revealed that the sanctioned nation offered India oil at a heavily discounted price of $35 a barrel.

And yet you don’t want Pakistan to have the same deal?

So by your logic US wants to save Russian wealth?

Green card mai power hi kuch esi hai bhai :D some of the Pakistani's told me here in Tampa that recently huge flux of Pakistan's Army families are buying Properties in Florida. Miami mai Mangal ho ga " Mujahidon " ka lol

Green card mai power hi kuch esi hai bhai :D some of the Pakistani's told me here in Tampa that recently huge flux of Pakistan's Army families are buying Properties in Florida. Miami mai Mangal ho ga " Mujahidon " ka lol

koi faida nahi hai mere bhai, ultimately ghar pakistan hi hai. bahir rehna se shayed aap financially stable hojao, but is pooray process mein aap apni muslim & pakistani shanakht kho detay ho. aur saath mein aulaad bhi lghdtv jesi kanj** niklaygi. i have seen it happening

koi faida nahi hai mere bhai, ultimately ghar pakistan hi hain. bahir rehna se shayed aap financially stable hojao, but is pooray process mein aap apni muslim & pakistani shanakht kho detay ho. aur saath mein aulaad bhi lghdtv jesi kanj** niklaygi. i have seen it happening
The areas they are buying Properties in are some of most expensive areas in Florida, and have you ever seen the families of Pakistani service/ex-service men in US? I've never met a single Poor Army Captain or Major or ever see a Poor General in my life, all that money and traitorship will end in the Qabr, wahan tu nai 111 brigade help kare ga na Washington.

Last edited:
And yet you don’t want Pakistan to have the same deal?

So by your logic US wants to save Russian wealth?

did I say I don’t want Pakistan to squeeze the bear? it’s the bear’s party and you’re not invited..🥲

Back
Top Bottom