What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

Home of PLAN J-15 fighters

1.jpg
2.jpg

Huitong is claiming that the J-15S is equipped with the 14-ton WS-10 variant, the same engine on the J-11D. According to a similar rumor, the first batch has been completed (the 2nd batch and J-15S will feature upgrades).

J-15S.jpg

It now seems that the J-15 with serial numbers 110 and beyond belong to the second batch.

@cirr , is the second batch comprised of J-15Bs (i.e. AESA radar, WS-10 upgrades)?

It now seems that the J-15 with serial numbers 110 and beyond belong to the second batch.

@cirr , is the second batch comprised of J-15Bs (i.e. AESA radar, WS-10 upgrades)?

Yes ... and sorry for putting it into the wrong tread.

Leio's PLA Photos (Strictly Photos, many kinds of PLA equipments) | Page 66

J-15 serial 113 - cn. 0204 already.jpg

And no, since externally they are at least IMO all the same, no AESA, no WS-10 ... just like Block 01.following my previous list of all known serials (= in Bold-Italics) and an estimation of the missing ones, it looks like:

Block 01 =

No. 100 = c/n 0101
No. 101 = c/n 0102
No. 102 = c/n 0103
No. 103 = c/n 0104
No. 104 = c/n 0105
No. 105 = c/n 0106

No. 106 = c/n 0107
No. 107 = c/n 0108
No. 108 = c/n 0109
No. 109 = c/n 0110

Block 02 =

No. 110 = c/n 0201
No. 111 = c/n 0202
No. 112 = c/n 0203
No. 113 = c/n 0204

It all fits quite nicely.
Deino

Yes ... and sorry for putting it into the wrong tread.

Leio's PLA Photos (Strictly Photos, many kinds of PLA equipments) | Page 66

View attachment 264110

And no, since externally they are at least IMO all the same, no AESA, no WS-10 ... just like Block 01.following my previous list of all known serials (= in Bold-Italics) and an estimation of the missing ones, it looks like:

Block 01 =

No. 100 = c/n 0101
No. 101 = c/n 0102
No. 102 = c/n 0103
No. 103 = c/n 0104
No. 104 = c/n 0105
No. 105 = c/n 0106

No. 106 = c/n 0107
No. 107 = c/n 0108
No. 108 = c/n 0109
No. 109 = c/n 0110

Block 02 =

No. 110 = c/n 0201
No. 111 = c/n 0202
No. 112 = c/n 0203
No. 113 = c/n 0204

It all fits quite nicely.
Deino

I found this in SDF first, I wanted to want to said something there but I can't. Well, it's okay. I still can interact with you in here :)

So, both block 01 and 02 are the same? No improvement at all?
Looking at the number that we can see here, there are already 14. How many more that they need these fighters for their carrier? I forgot, they need 24 like J-15 for Liaoning?

IMO - and like Blitzo explained at SDF - it is probably better to call them Batch 02 and not Block 02 since it is only the second production batch similar to the ones we already know at other Flanker-versions build at SAC.

The true Block 02 would be IMO the often rumoured J-15A or even B, since the PLA usually don't use the Block-designation, but a new letter to differ between true new versions.

Deino

Latest update from Huitong: "However J-15 is expected to have a limited production and deployment since its technology is no longer state of the art, but it is also expected to be upgraded in the future with an AESA radar similar to the one installed on J-11D."

Can anybody corroborate with this rumor or know where this claim originated from?

It's odd why the J-11D's (rather than the J-16's) radar would be used, considering that the J-15S will likely enter service with J-16's avionics.

Latest update from Huitong: "However J-15 is expected to have a limited production and deployment since its technology is no longer state of the art, but it is also expected to be upgraded in the future with an AESA radar similar to the one installed on J-11D."

Can anybody corroborate with this rumor or know where this claim originated from?

It's odd why the J-11D's (rather than the J-16's) radar would be used, considering that the J-15S will likely enter service with J-16's avionics.

Huitong usually is quite accurate in his assessment.

IMO - and like Blitzo explained at SDF - it is probably better to call them Batch 02 and not Block 02 since it is only the second production batch similar to the ones we already know at other Flanker-versions build at SAC.

The true Block 02 would be IMO the often rumoured J-15A or even B, since the PLA usually don't use the Block-designation, but a new letter to differ between true new versions.

Deino

It's called production batch. Each batch may or may not be produced with slight modifications.

How many J-15 would be deployed to Liaoning/Varyag carrier, pal ?

May be J-16's radar is optimized for ground strike while J-11D's avionics has better all round capability?

May be J-16's radar is optimized for ground strike while J-11D's avionics has better all round capability?
J-11D main priority is air superiority. While J-16 is both air and ground attack which sacrifice bit for air superiority.

Possibly, although there shouldn't be too significant of a difference to hamper its air-to-air capabilities. That being said, the J-15S is likely equipped with the J-16's avionics as it is oriented towards strike.

Back
Top Bottom