What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

o.k. ... however - I admit - I remain skeptical since IMO both aircraft are too much the same !

Let's see.

Since AL-31F was already proven before to be all wealth operational on the AC, while the newer engine like WS-10H had not yet proven on the AC.

Also, China got no experience to takeoff/land on the AC before, so it would be more secured to first try with a mature proven engine like AL-31F.

After with the training on the AC with AL-31F, China could use its first hand data to tweak the WS-10H and made it more AC compatible like AL-31F.

AL-31F engine is like a whore. She will do a dirty job of testing and being wasted of the lifespan since China already bought it in significant numbers and gonna use it until it expire it's usefulness.

When comes to real operational J-15, WS-10H will be used not AL-31F.

What I mean to say is that if Pakistan air force or navy want this or any other version of this aircraft---it is available to Pakistan. The only issue in the past was the engine---. I got the information on my last visit to Pakistan.

Pakistan already has something high end in its possession---but I cannot give any details about it.

The military relationship between Pakistan and China has gone to a totally different level.

hi,

Why do you think Chinese are readily offering these to Pakistan? There must be some catch or something big in return for them?

Honestly, that's not correct ... these images are all from 17. May 2011 (and a few days later 26. May) and they all show a WS-10-powered aircraft without a number. IMO it was simply the later '554' !

View attachment 218672 View attachment 218673 View attachment 218674

Is this fully in service?

o.k. ... however - I admit - I remain skeptical since IMO both aircraft are too much the same !

You can remain skeptical buddy. Doesn't make any difference to us.

What are other features of J-15 I mean radar system and if your J-11 D is better or at least equal to SU-35 than why are you still producing or going to produce J-16 ???

J-11D is an air superiority fighter like the F-15C.
J-16 is a strike fighter like the F-15E.

Initially, we did plan to replace Su-30 with J-16, but now it gonna be replaced with J-11D.

I don't agree with this. J-11 is more of Air superiority Fighter, with it's single seat. While J-16 is more of Multi Role Fighter. So I don't think that J-11D will replace J-16. They have difference role. It just like Su-27 and Su-30. Both are different, but it doesn't mean that Su-27 is less capable than Su-30

any pic available of J11D?

233056oexono0g419nxhhe.jpg.thumb.jpg

233104cgs404045jgs0ijg.jpg.thumb.jpg

PS China has ceased the production of J-11B and J-11BS,both of which will be retrofitted to incorporate new technologies such as 14-ton WS-10G engines、AESA radar、4th generation avionics and new missiles used on the J-11D。

Last edited:
233056oexono0g419nxhhe.jpg.thumb.jpg

233104cgs404045jgs0ijg.jpg.thumb.jpg

PS China has ceased the production of J-11B and J-11BS,both of which will be retrofitted to incorporate new technologies such as 14-ton WS-10G engines、AESA radar、4th generation avionics and new missiles used on the J-11D。

When will the J-15B and J-11D enter service?

The problems of south china seas would stay in south china seas------if they spilt over to the Arabian seas as well---then it is asking for big trouble.

You are right

US navy just owns the Persian Gulf and North Arabian Sea

China has already enough to deal with in SCS

I don't agree with this. J-11 is more of Air superiority Fighter, with it's single seat. While J-16 is more of Multi Role Fighter. So I don't think that J-11D will replace J-16. They have difference role. It just like Su-27 and Su-30. Both are different, but it doesn't mean that Su-27 is less capable than Su-30

The twin seat multirole fighters are becoming obsolete, and they will soon get replaced by the single seat multirole fighters.

... und it seems as if the first J-15S was spotted (via "cirr" in the "2014, The Beginning Of A New Era For PLAN Build-up" tread !) ... and given the ARJ-21 in the background that images seems to be taken at the CFTE at Xi'an-Yanliang and not at SAC !

J-15S serial - 5.9.15.jpg

+ J-15 no. 113 + maybe 114 spotted !

J-15 serial 113 + maybe 114 + prototype 554.jpg

J-15 serial 113 - 4.9.15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom