What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

This may have something related to steam or eletro-magnetic cat to be or not to be deployed on the 002 aircraft carrier which is No. 1 hot topic in Chinese navy forums.

That is why it is interesting that the boss is taking good care of the one in charge of the new tech. What does this indicate?

Yes, indeed! Two sides are at each other's throat! :partay: What an exciting era for Chinese military funs!

I am rooting for Professor Ma and his EMALS, because I am sure his team is going to win.

POP3 is rooting for the steam catapult, because he is part of the project.

To be honest, as much as we want to see EMALS on Type 003, POP3 and Huahua are going to win the bet.

Yes, indeed! Two sides are at each other's throat! :partay: What an exciting era for Chinese military funs!

To be honest, as much as we want to see EMALS on Type 003, POP3 and Huahua are going to win the bet.

As much as I am a pessimist, I am sure we will see EMALS on Type 003 but not Type 002. :D

And I might add that preliminary design centred on EMALS has begun.

As much as I am a pessimist, I am sure we will see EMALS on Type 003 but not Type 002. :D

None of us could have envisioned when CNS-16 was a rusty basket sitting rotten on the port of Dalian, 10 years down the road we would be fighting for what kind of catapult system, steam or EMAILS, we should be using on China's 3rd, and 4th aircraft carrier! What the exciting era we are in!

Of course, the Type 003 is to be designated as a 100,000+ tonnes nuclear supercarrier with the EMALS, and right now our nuclear reactor for the supercarrier isn't fully ready yet. So better to aggregate the EMALS with the nuclear supercarrier for the Type 003.

The Type 002 is also designated to have a twin.

None of us could have envisioned when CNS-16 was a rusty basket sitting rotten on the port of Dalian, 10 years down the road we would be fighting for what kind of catapult system, steam or EMAILS, we should be using on China's 3rd, and 4th aircraft carrier! What the exciting era we are in!

We shall see the entire hull of the Type 002 in 2018, and it should be launched in 2019-2020. And the Type 003 should start the construction by 2022-2023.

Spoiled for choices.

This luxury has apparently landed PLAN and other relevant parties in a dilemma. :cry::D

Of course, the Type 003 is to be designated as a 100,000+ tonnes nuclear supercarrier with the EMALS, and right now our nuclear reactor for the supercarrier isn't fully ready yet. So better to aggregate the EMALS with the nuclear supercarrier for the Type 003.

The Type 002 is also designated to have a twin.

We shall see the entire hull of the Type 002 in 2018, and it should be launched in 2019-2020. And the Type 003 should start the construction by 2022-2023.

2021 will be a BIG year, so 003 will not see the show.

I believe many people may want to know this J15X took off from which of the two cat hotly debated right now.

Does J-15X refer to the catapult version?
Yes, but it's not J-15X. The source wants to keep that code name in secret, so I replaced it with an ×. :what:

I believe many people may want to know this J15X took off from which of the two cat hotly debated right now.
The maiden flight was of course conducted in Shenyang and by rolling.

Back
Top Bottom